Americans enjoy lower tax rates under Obama

I didn't like either.

The middle class tax cuts under Obama were understandable..but they came at a cost.

Overall? I think they were a bad idea.

You should leave the thinking to those better qualified.

Federal income tax receipts rose dramatically under Bush versus Clinton, and Bush extracted a cool TRILLION additional dollars from those evul rich versus Clinton - jacking the tax burden share of those evul rich from 33% to 38%.

Bush stuck it to The Man.

Actually, this is totally wrong.

Tax receipts dropped three years straight under Bush, something that has never happened, not even during the Great Depression. The reason the wealthy's share rose is because their incomes rose while everyone else's stagnated.

I sure wish the left would make up it's mind...........the President has little control over the economy since he can't pass legislation unless it was Boooossssshhhhhhh, he had control over everything even with a Democrat controlled Congress his last two years!!

I didn't like either.

The middle class tax cuts under Obama were understandable..but they came at a cost.

Overall? I think they were a bad idea.

Federal income tax receipts rose dramatically under Bush versus Clinton, and Bush extracted a cool TRILLION additional dollars from those evul rich versus Clinton - jacking the tax burden share of those evul rich from 33% to 38%.

Prove any of it to be wrong.

Tell me what the total Federal income tax receipts were under Clinton, and tell us what they were under Bush, and then tell us the difference.

Tell us how how much the evul rich paid in taxes under Clinton, and then give the number paid under Bush.

Tell us the percent of Federal tax burden the evul rich paid under Clinton, and then what percent the evul rich bore under Bush.

If you are going to refute facts, you need to give us more than your feelings, asshole.

Prove any of it to be wrong.

Tell me what the total Federal income tax receipts were under Clinton, and tell us what they were under Bush, and then tell us the difference.

Tell us how how much the evul rich paid in taxes under Clinton, and then give the number paid under Bush.

Tell us the percent of Federal tax burden the evul rich paid under Clinton, and then what percent the evul rich bore under Bush.

If you are going to refute facts, you need to give us more than your feelings, asshole.

Historical Federal Receipt and Outlay Summary

1998 - $1.721T (19.9% of GDP)
1999 - $1.827T (19.8% of GDP)
2000 - $2.025T (20.6% of GDP)
2001 - $1.991T (19.5% of GDP)
2002 - $1.853T (17.6% of GDP)
2003 - $1.782T (16.2% of GDP)
2004 - $1.880T (16.1% of GDP)

After 2004, revenue never broke 18.5% of GDP.

If you would prefer a graph:

U.S.-income-taxes-out-of-total-taxes.JPG

For income/tax distribution of the top:

FactCheck.org : Top 1%: What They Make and Pay

Share_of_Taxes(1).jpg

Share_of_Income(1).jpg

Any other subject on which I can educate you?

Our taxes are too low, they have to be raised.

But none of our pols have the balls to do it.

you could just volunteer all your money you work for, I'm sure the people won't mind

That's bullshit.

All of us need to pay more in taxes.

I agree. 15% on long term capital gains needs to go. Income is income and should be treated as such.

I have no problem with allowing all the Bush Tax cuts to expire. Yes it might hurt but war is hell, Bush never once asked Americans to sacrifice a damn thing for his invasion and occupation of Iraq. Although he did ask us to go shopping in response to the 9-11 attacks. However I think we need a balanced budget amendment (not implemeted over night and with exceptions for national emengencies). And we need a plan to pay off the debt. The we can talk about reducing everyones taxes.

Oh we do but we also want the rich to hang around too. Ubama keeps raising the tax on them and say good bye to them and the jobs too.
Did the rich run away when Clinton raised the top rate to 39%?

Its just they are not going to put up with it anymore. In other words they aren't going to put up with Ubama anymore. They know how he wastes money and doesn't know how to handle it. They are smarter than Ubama.
so Obama spends the money now and not congress?

they are experiencing the lowest tax burden in their lifetimes, RIGHT NOW.

no one's gonna leave in mass.

Still no response from Sniperfire. Odd, since the site shows he's online.

Hmm. Maybe he's taking his nap.

I've been through the same thing with him. When I posted something that he had absolutely no response for he replied "I don't even bother reading your posts anyway". It was the saddest cop out I have ever seen. Don't expect much more from him.

It's going to be hilarious to see heads explode from this right wing trash over this one :up:

The far right love to spread lies that Obama and the democrats want nothing but to raise taxes, and that Obama has got to be the biggest tax raiser in history, right?

Completely false. Obama has been slashing taxes bringing them to the lowest they have been in 30 years. :eusa_clap:

Under Obama, Taxes Hit A 30-Year Low | ThinkProgress

Oh my!! The liberals just really don't understand, do they?? I used to give them the benefit of the doubt but as of right now, I don't think they have a clue.

Oh my!! The liberals just really don't understand, do they?? I used to give them the benefit of the doubt but as of right now, I don't think they have a clue.

It's what we call being brainwashed. They keep following that nitwit in office its going to change to being braindead.

Forum List

Back