American's deserve Bush's profound apology

First of all welcome Ralph, I have not had a chance to say that ! :)

I am not saying it is right, only asking what would you do in their situation

Ralph, here is my take on it; No I do not believe the Palestinians are wrong and the Isrealies right, I do not think there even is a right and wrong to their conflict. Lets face it, land claims go back to biblical times, and I do not think any of us are qualified to say it is anyones land, rather the situation is what it is, and we need to find a solution fair to both sides ! I will also concede that both sides use violence as a tool to further their cause, though I do believe the Isrealies are more restrained in their killing of civilians, but I will leave the door open that I could be wrong. We generally do not see as a common practice Isreal trying to kill as many civilians as possible. That said, back to the question that you asked; if it were me I would not go blowing up innocent civilians even if my people were being killed. My logic is very simple; I know there is no way I could ever beat Isreal in an armed conflict so I would let Isreal look to the world like the aggressor and start to garner the sympathy of the international community, where they would eventually step in and put massive pressure on Isreal. Look I can only speak for myself but everytime a suicide bomber strikes, or I see these men with children in masks shooting guns in the air, and little children with bomb belts on, I must admit I find myself thinking of them as uncivilized animals and my sympathy for Isreal grows. If on the other hand all I saw was the wrongs of the nation of Isreal I would be inclined to want my government to step in and to help these people. Just my take !

Originally posted by Bullypulpit
Dubbyuh has tried to link Saddam with Al Quaeda and its terrorist activities since the Fall of the World Trade Center in order to justify war with Iraq. He has had no success. (relevancy)

I'm certain that you'll find more than a little Saudi money has also made its way into the hands of suicide bombers...And Bush Family coffers.

No, that is the spin the Left places on the events.

Bush described the existence of a global threat of terrorism and dangerous regimes, which includes Al Qaeda, Saddam, the DPRK, Iran and the PLO, among others. He did not say that there is some Uber-Terrorist organization, such as CHAOS on Get Smart.

He did theorize that the co-existence of these regimes and organization, combined with financial, weapons production and logistical cooperation created a grave and growing threat. It doesn't take much imagination to envision scenarios in which regimes hostile to the U.S. use terrorist networks to attack the U.S.

Look I can only speak for myself but everytime a suicide bomber strikes, or I see these men with children in masks shooting guns in the air, and little children with bomb belts on, I must admit I find myself thinking of them as uncivilized animals and my sympathy for Isreal grows.
I know what you mean. My sympathy for the Israelis grows to when I see them celebrating that.

Maybe there is some reason why this wouldn't happen, but if they stopped the suicide bombings and Israel was still going after terrorists and Palestinian civilians were getting killed in the process, I do think more pressure would be put on Israel and things might change. But I don't envision the suicide bombings stopping, unfortunately.

posted by Tim Duncan
Maybe there is some reason why this wouldn't happen, but if they stopped the suicide bombings and Israel was still going after terrorists and Palestinian civilians were getting killed in the process, I do think more pressure would be put on Israel and things might change. But I don't envision the suicide bombings stopping, unfortunately.
Kinda hard to figure how Israel could be pressured more. If it wasn't for US, she'd stand alone.

UN resolutions, through 1992, lol. If my computer was working better, I'd get more:

http://www.mideastfacts.com/resolutions.html

Kinda hard to figure how Israel could be pressured more. If it wasn't for US, she'd stand alone

I think that is what I was alluding to is that far more US pressure would be put on Isreal. Again, keep in mind that I am not taking sides here, in fact read some of my other posts concerning this matter, I was quite harsh in my condemnation of the Palastinians, I was simply offering my opinion on how they could further their cause !

Well, I guess you're right. That is something. But it won't be enough if Palestinians want things to change.

hey idiot why don't you take a look around and tell me what you see. We live in a place called the real world!! in this place there are good people and bad people, now in your world i'm sure that's it. But again in the real world there are varing levels of good and bad. The hard chioce is not chosing between good and bad, but chosing which is the better bad. Now the Saudies don't kill thier dissadants by the thousands. They don't gas their nieghbors. They don't shoot at american planes. They don't oppenly disobe the UN.

Forum List

Back