Americans Buying AK47's Like They Are Going Out Of Style

This from the link: In both countries, facts have no effect whatever on the dogmas of gun control zealots. The fact that most guns used to murder people in England were not legally purchased has no effect on their faith in gun control laws there

The stats have been posted. Those stats include ALL homicides, not just those committed with legaly purchased guns!!

So far you have only ignored the stats - and we both know why that is.

Do you have any idea how many "suicides" are declared "suicides" simply because the cops don't want to investigate?

Again, how many suicides and accidental shootings are connected with AK47s?

You could be right about that first point - I wouldn't say otherwise.

As for the second point, I don't have any studies which link types of guns used to specific crimes, but I couldn't say.

Here in Finland the big problem is hand guns, which are being used more in school shootings etc because they easier to conceal. That could be the same in the US, I don't know.
If you are in Finland, what is your interest in the internal affairs of the United States? You have no skin in the game, so to speak. Why is it YOUR business,(or that of YOUR government) what we do here?

The bigger issue is to much gun control

If you are comfortable having a gun homicide rate 245 times that of England, then say so.

If you are comfortable having a total homicide rate 5 times that of Germany, then say so.

Personally, I'd say many Americans would want to look at those countries and see how they work to preserve lives.

The comparison is silly and worse, the 245 times that of England is a glorified multiplication.

2-3 deaths per 100,000 vs. 0-1 per 100,000.

It's a big number, that 245 times the amount....until you realize how few deaths we're talking annually per 100,000 people.

We have more deaths due to negligent driving by a long shot. How many of the US shootings per year involved an AK47 (or one of its relatives)?

And those high death rates in the USA will be found in cities that have strict gun control. or gun free zones.

It is far, far more complex than that.

For one thing, guns bought in one state or city do not always stay there.

There are also a host of other factors to consider: urban/rural ownership, weapon type, age of owner....too many to list here, but they are covered by the major studies.

Patterns in some states show gun control not working - in others it seems to be working.

The international patterns are much clearer.
No there is nothing complexed about it. Can you name one time that a mass shooting in the U.S. happen elsewhere other than a gun free zone?

This from the link: In both countries, facts have no effect whatever on the dogmas of gun control zealots. The fact that most guns used to murder people in England were not legally purchased has no effect on their faith in gun control laws there

The stats have been posted. Those stats include ALL homicides, not just those committed with legaly purchased guns!!

I cant say with any certainty those figures posted are accurate. You cited wikpedia which is known for false info......

I say that from experience.. I was preparing a custody case against the tribe..... I had done hours and hours of research... Finally I went to wikpedia for conformation of the results.

They stated the exact opposite and listed the sources, I went to those sources to find they said no such thing.

I looked at your sources. Could you get anymore anti gun positions from the anti gun groups.

What else do you have if anything?

If you are comfortable having a gun homicide rate 245 times that of England, then say so.

If you are comfortable having a total homicide rate 5 times that of Germany, then say so.

Personally, I'd say many Americans would want to look at those countries and see how they work to preserve lives.
Yes in my country I can live with it.

Intentional homicides by country,Involving Firearms: (% of homicides using firearms)

USA 2.97 (60%)

Canada 0.54 (34)

Germany 0.47 (37)

Finland 0.43 (20)

Australia 0.31 (20)

Spain 0.25 (20)

NZ 0.18 (15)

England 0.12 (8)

Gun violence - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

OK , so you have presented overwhelming evidence that here in the US we need to be armed.

Citizens here in the US are different than the Finnish, we eat more beef and pussy which for some reason makes us more violent.

I haven't ignored the numbers at all, I am pointing out that stricter gun control doesn't curb gun crime. If gun control worked so well in England where guns are nearly completely banned... Their gun crime rate should be zero.

If we could let logic and reason have a moment here. What exactly about an AK-47 do you fine offensive?

Is it the caliber of the ammunition it uses?
Well that makes no sense as an AK-47 uses the equivalent of a .308, probably the most popular rifle caliber in the world. There is nothing special about that round. It's a slightly less powerful version of the what is probably the most popular hunting caliber, the century old 30-06. Bottom line, the bullets that come out of an AK-47 are nothing special.

Is it the semi-automatic capability of the firearm's action?
Well that's nothing special. 80% of firearms out there are semi autos. Remember, we're not talking about FULLY automatic firearms, which require special federal clearance and extensive fees to purchase.

Is it the fact the AK is made overseas?
Lot's of firearms, even those from American based and owned manufacturers, that are made overseas. Is that the issue?

Is it because AK-47s are used in crime?
Statistically, that's just not the case. Sidearms are the overwhelming choice for criminals.

Seriously, can someone tell me what is it about the AK-47 specifically that bothers you?

Minor point of correction: what we're discussing is the AK-M semi-auto variant of the AK-47. The round is not the .308 (7.62x 51) but the less powerful 7.62 X39, which is closer in ballistic performance to the old 30/30. Accuracy is average, but the weapon is simple, easy to maintain, and extremely reliable, even under adverse conditions. In short, an excellent, short to medium range defensive weapon.

Absolutely!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxQNYPYFq1c]Jackie Brown AK47 scene.wmv - YouTube[/ame]

Cont -

I totally agree that AK47s are not for squirrels. They are designed and bought to take human lives.

The more of them in society, the more innocent Americans that end up dead. It really is as simple as that.
Really.
Explain then how it is that the number of guns goes up every year, and yet gun-related crimes have been in decline for the last 20 years.

Cont -

You do not live in Nazi Germany.

Interesting. The Bismarck and Weimar administrations assured Germans that they did not need firearms because theirs was a paternatlistic government. Famous last words.

opmed.gif

Each of the philosophic principles essential to the rise of Nazism in Germany has a counterpart in present-day America.

Tell me about it...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9f0sBA61L0Y]THE END OF AMERICA!! Naomi Wolf Full Length Video - YouTube[/ame]

I'm good with it.

Being FREE men can be a bit messy sometimes, but the RIGHTS that our Founders fought for are not easily given up.

You should troll elsewhere...

I'm good with it.

Being FREE men can be a bit messy sometimes, but the RIGHTS that our Founders fought for are not easily given up.

You should troll elsewhere...

You notice the ones living in the most fear are those screaming for gun control?

Cont -

I totally agree that AK47s are not for squirrels. They are designed and bought to take human lives.

The more of them in society, the more innocent Americans that end up dead. It really is as simple as that.

Well except for the simple fact that legally purchased firearms are seldom used in violent crimes, except by the OCCASIONAL whacko that has no intention of being caught.

You don't like the 2nd Amendment? Get a new Amendment to change it. Simple solution, show us what you REALLY want.

>300,000,000 gun in the US.
<10,000 murders in the US were committed with a gun
Thus
~0.003% of the guns in the US wre used to commit murder.

Wow. The sky is falling.

Facts mean nothing to these parasites. Less then a thousand people a year die from accidental shootings but they always trot that out and make outrages claims that thousands of kids are killed each year by accident.

>300,000,000 gun in the US.
<10,000 murders in the US were committed with a gun
Thus
~0.003% of the guns in the US wre used to commit murder.

Wow. The sky is falling.

Facts mean nothing to these parasites. Less then a thousand people a year die from accidental shootings but they always trot that out and make outrages claims that thousands of kids are killed each year by accident.
The discussion of facts generally gets them to go away...

Forum List

Back