Americans, British, Swedes: Reportedly Among Terrorists Killed in Somalia

onedomino

SCE to AUX
Sep 14, 2004
The attacks that killed the American, British, Swede, and other foreign terrorists were carried out by a US Navy destroyer, the USS Chafee. It will be interesting and disturbing to learn their identities.

ddg90_2.jpg

USS Chafee: http://navysite.de/dd/ddg90.htm

Blast In Front of Somali Leader's Home
Peacekeeper says prime minister unharmed; number of wounded unknown
The Associated Press
Updated: 10:46 a.m. CT June 3, 2007

Complete article: http://news.originalsignal.com/article/344321/american-militants-said-killed-in-somalia.html

MOGADISHU, Somalia - A suicide car bomber drove through a roadblock guarding the home of the Somali prime minister on Sunday and rammed the vehicle into a wall, detonating his explosives, a government official and witness said.

It was unclear whether Prime Minister Prime Minister Ali Mohamed Gedi was home during the bombing, but an African Union peacekeeper said Gedi was unharmed. It was not immediately known whether anyone was killed or wounded. "It is a terrorist operation," Deputy Defense Minister Salad Ali Jelle told The Associated Press.

Qasaye Mohamed Ali, who lives in the neighborhood, said he was standing near the prime minister's house when he saw the car force its way through a roadblock, guards outside the premier's house open fire and then the car ram into a wall and explode.

Ali was waiting for a friend inside the premier's house when the explosion happened. He hid behind a wall to protect himself.

Earlier Sunday, officials said at least eight foreign and an unspecified number of Somali Islamic militants were killed in fighting with Somali government forces and during bombardment from a U.S. warship on a remote, mountainous northeastern area.

The fight against Islamic militants in Somalia has moved to the relatively peaceful northeast of the country. Somali government forces and their allies have previously fought the militants only in the country’s south.

“Foreign fighters, Somali militants and members of the international terrorists including British nationals, Americans, Swedish, Pakistanis and Yemenis were killed in separate operations carried out by Puntland troops and U.S. navy forces,” said a Sunday statement by the government of the semiautonomous northeastern region of Puntland.

The attacks that killed the American, British, Swede, and other foreign terrorists were carried out by a US Navy destroyer, the USS Chafee. It will be interesting and disturbing to learn their identities.

ddg90_2.jpg

USS Chafee: http://navysite.de/dd/ddg90.htm

It really doesn't matter to me what their country of origin is. If they're Islamic terrorists and they got blown up ....GOOD.

It really doesn't matter to me what their country of origin is. If they're Islamic terrorists and they got blown up ....GOOD.

Certainly my take as well, though I do not like this 'homegrown' terrorism seeming to become active here.

It matters to me. I think it is very disturbing that Americans could among the terrorists. Does it seem that the number of Americans directly involved in terrorism is increasing? Miami, Ft. Dix, Somalia, what's next?

It matters to me. I think it is very disturbing that Americans could among the terrorists. Does it seem that the number of Americans directly involved in terrorism is increasing? Miami, Ft. Dix, Somalia, what's next?

We ignore the polls that explain that American, young, Muslim, males in significant numbers at minimum 'understand' jihad reasons, many think it can be justified. The media sees '3/4's' disagree and say 'yay', 1/4 is significant.

New Topics

Forum List

Back