Americans. Are you proud of your history?

i mean every bit of it. What historic blunders do you regret? What historic achievement are you most proud of as an American?

No one can say they are proud of every single event in their history ... be it national or personal. If you are can't point to a single mistake in our history then we are only acknowledging a filtered version of it. Filtering out the bad bits only skews your perception going forward.

That being said, I believe, that America and Americans have been a force for good in this world. We can relish in our collective achievements and reflect on our collective mistakes.

I am most proud of America as a concept... the idea that people can come from all over this planet for the purpose of achieving the greatest amount of freedom ever allowed a people.

We may not always achieve our collective goals, but at least we have them.

Im i supposed to show remorse for slavery or wiping out and resettling the red drunk savages ?

wasnt me

we'll sell ya back the Louisiana purchase we got from the frogs for 50% above current market value and a 199 year 25% royalty on all natural recourses sold in/from the territory

cash only
most lefttards are broke broken down valise's

i mean every bit of it. What historic blunders do you regret? What historic achievement are you most proud of as an American?
"I'm proud. It's a shit world, and this country became its king. A lot of good has come from here, and a lot of bad. We're Rome in 100 AD, 19th Century Britain, Persia and its king Cyrus the Great in 550 BC... We speak a word, and the world trembles. We have some stupid ass people in this country, but they're smarter than the stupidest people in most other countries. The rest of the world has smart people, but we have more smart people than any of them. This country gives "greatness" a better chance than any other in the world." END SPEECH.

Last edited:
This is a marvelous country with a remarkable history. From the earliest explorers to the frontier heroes our history needs to be told over and over with pride and love.

Im i supposed to show remorse for slavery or wiping out and resettling the red drunk savages ?

wasnt me

we'll sell ya back the Louisiana purchase we got from the frogs for 50% above current market value and a 199 year 25% royalty on all natural recourses sold in/from the territory

cash only
No, but could you at least manage to be embarrassed by your racism?

wasnt me

cash only
No, but could you at least manage to be embarrassed by your racism?
what racism ya filthy ****** **** **** HICK

Show me the man today that has the courage or resourcefulness of a Daniel Boone or Kit Carson. There are no more men with the abilities of a Lewis Wetzel. Tough men. Men that could build a great nation. Now we have pajama boys who worry about how toxic their masculinity is.

Show me the man today that has the courage or resourcefulness of a Daniel Boone or Kit Carson. There are no more men with the abilities of a Lewis Wetzel. Tough men. Men that could build a great nation. Now we have pajama boys who worry about how toxic their masculinity is.
Nigga plz

My masculinity isn't toxic ... but it's pretty greasy and sweaty.

DD-44-011-956x1200.jpg

WW II is probably Americas finest hour....if we didnt win it we would be under the thumb now of the ABNORMAL NAZI AND FASCISTS!

Granny was Chocktaw and gramp was born in Wales from German parents.
My mom came from German Jewry in denial. Professed Methodists with beaks and lil beady eyes.
My older brother is a 5'7-8"Cuban lookin dude but very thinned lip(Injun blood) who had super thick dark straight hair and I was 6'2" of real football, sandy headed and blue eyed.
Buncha mud people like the rest of y'all. Nothing to be proud of nor ashamed of. I is who I B

Dude, I think every civilization has their ups and downs when it comes to their history. Should current citizens be judged on them? Fuck no.

As for feeling pride? People should feel proud about THEIR accomplishments. If you feel pride about the USA's contributions in WWII and you weren't a part of it? Then you have no right to feel pride. That's like feeling pride about how your uncle won the lottery. You didn't accomplish or participate in shit, but you're feeling pride because of a connection? Ridiculous. Yes, the USA was badass during WWII, but if you didn't do shit, you shouldn't feel pride about it. So yea, I'm willing to call out anyone that wants to feel pride about our country's history if they didn't actually do shit towards that part of our history.

However, I can understand feeling pride for BEING American -- That's a choice, along with any other nationality.

Why don’t you give us your opinion?
Repression of minorities from Mormons to Bladks to Japanese to Gays.

I'm most proud of an achievement during my lifetime. While the Erie Canal and the transcontinental railroad and the development of flight loom large, I believe the moon landing was our greatest achievement. Eradication of small pox and polio, jazz music, baseball and the constitution.

There's a lot to be proud of.

Forum List

Back