"Americans are Simple-Minded"

Toro

Diamond Member
Sep 29, 2005
Surfing the Oceans of Liquidity
This guy could be the next Prime Minister of Japan ...

A key figure in Japan's ruling party dubbed Americans "simple-minded" in a speech to fellow lawmakers Wednesday.

It was not clear what prompted the remarks by Democratic Party heavyweight Ichiro Ozawa at a political seminar, in which he otherwise paid tribute to Americans' commitment to democracy, saying it was something Japan should learn from.

"I like Americans, but they are somewhat monocellular," the former Democratic Party leader said. "When I talk with Americans, I often wonder why they are so simple-minded."

Ozawa didn't elaborate on what aspect of Americans made him compare them monocellular organisms, a term also used to mean shortsighted or dumb.

There is growing speculation that the 68-year-old former party leader — renowned as a backroom dealer and election strategist but unpopular among the wider public — may run against rival Prime Minister Naoto Kan in a Sept. 14 election for the party leadership.

The Associated Press: Japan senior lawmaker: Americans are simple-minded

we are quickly becoming the dumbest civilized nation on earth. our school systems (except some colleges) are a joke compared to world standards. their students are a good 3-4 years ahead of us and their familys actually value education, a complete one at that which encompasses, art, science, math, history and everything in between.

"being dumb" and laughing about your ignorance of some subject is embarrassing in most other countries while it flourishes here

we are quickly becoming the dumbest civilized nation on earth. our school systems (except some colleges) are a joke compared to world standards. their students are a good 3-4 years ahead of us and their familys actually value education, a complete one at that which encompasses, art, science, math, history and everything in between.

"being dumb" and laughing about your ignorance of some subject is embarrassing in most other countries while it flourishes here
Thank you, liberal-dominated education.

This guy could be the next Prime Minister of Japan ...

A key figure in Japan's ruling party dubbed Americans "simple-minded" in a speech to fellow lawmakers Wednesday.

It was not clear what prompted the remarks by Democratic Party heavyweight Ichiro Ozawa at a political seminar, in which he otherwise paid tribute to Americans' commitment to democracy, saying it was something Japan should learn from.

"I like Americans, but they are somewhat monocellular," the former Democratic Party leader said. "When I talk with Americans, I often wonder why they are so simple-minded."

Ozawa didn't elaborate on what aspect of Americans made him compare them monocellular organisms, a term also used to mean shortsighted or dumb.

There is growing speculation that the 68-year-old former party leader — renowned as a backroom dealer and election strategist but unpopular among the wider public — may run against rival Prime Minister Naoto Kan in a Sept. 14 election for the party leadership.

The Associated Press: Japan senior lawmaker: Americans are simple-minded
Obama will bow to him.

now is there a stupider sound out there? is there, eh?

This guy, literally, could be the next Prime Minister of Japan. He is attempting to oust Prime Minister Kan.

I'm not slagging Americans. I'm amazed that this guy could be the next leader of one of the most important countries in the world.

the rest of the world views us, and especially our education system, as a joke. Americans are openly ridiculed in other countries b/c the majority of the country doesn't give a shit about learning and our school systems have suffered because of this.

We elected a guy because we thought "Hope" and "Change" were great strategies. If anything, he's way overestimated the average American, especially the Obama voters

I don't think we're stupid. I think Americans, generally, can be shallow and breathtakingly ignorant of the rest of the world.

Having said that, the Brits ain't a whole lot better. I recently spoke to someone who thought Los Angeles was a state. I did laugh at that.

I don't think we're stupid. I think Americans, generally, can be shallow and breathtakingly ignorant of the rest of the world.

Having said that, the Brits ain't a whole lot better. I recently spoke to someone who thought Los Angeles was a state. I did laugh at that.

judge a country by its education standards. for instance, in india, what we do in 2 & 3 year college they do in the 3rd year of their version of high school.

my gf's kid goes to regular school during thed ay, but we teach him extra stuff from india and other countries standards and its years ahead of his current school even with him being in a gifted school

Americans aren't any dumber than anyone else.

I once witnessed a Canadian girl ask a guy what country Mexico City was in.

anecdotal evidence of a few dumb people in a place doesn't speak for the whole group. a good indicator would be comparing our test scores as a nation to other countries ( we rank pitifully by the way)

Americans aren't any dumber than anyone else.

I once witnessed a Canadian girl ask a guy what country Mexico City was in.

anecdotal evidence of a few dumb people in a place doesn't speak for the whole group. a good indicator would be comparing our test scores as a nation to other countries ( we rank pitifully by the way)

Much of that is padded in other nations.

I'm not going to argue that American schools are the best in the world, but having lived in America, Canada and England, and having traveled extensively in Europe, it is my opinion that Americans aren't any dumber than anyone else. Less informed about the world around them, maybe, but not any dumber.

If we're so simple minded then why do the Japanese depend upon us for to protect them? He is just playing to the typical foreigners are dumb. We do it, they do it, everybody does it.

If we're so simple minded then why do the Japanese depend upon us for to protect them? He is just playing to the typical foreigners are dumb. We do it, they do it, everybody does it.

defending your people as smart with a logical fallacy isn't really the best way to go

Forum List

Back