Americans ALL!!!

I don't get you Bush voters.

Rich, corrupt white men on wall street have cost you more money, by many orders of magnitude, than some welfare mothers ever have. What was the cost of the S&L bailout? A trillion dollars? What about the current bailout, isn't that about a trillion dollars?

And yet you cons are always bitching about food stamps. What gives? Caught up in your little partisan world, and unable to sort out the correct priorities?

Give it up. Welfare was reformed over a decade ago. No one can live on welfare forever anymore - there's a time limit on collecting it.

Oddly enough, the rich white dudes on wall street get to bail out of their corruption and crimes with multimillion dollar parachutes, and yet you never hear a con put up a post crying about that.
YOu only have a certain amount of time in your lifetime and it doesn't matter if you use get a job and then go off of it then go on it again, you only have a certain amount of time. And unless you have a doctors note or are pregnant you have to do 30 hrs of job search or job training a week. You also have to turn in documentation every day of your job search. They also audit you every once in awhile so if you are taking advantage of the system it will not take long for you to get caught.
Also not every person who goes on TANF, which by the way is what it is called now is taking advantage of the system. I used it when I had to go on maternity leave two months early and only had six weeks leave from my work. One of the reasons I had to leave early is because I worked long hours because I wanted to support myself. I also went back to work early after having my baby and kept my child on state medical because it was to expensive to put him on my companies plan.
I might add Walmart encourages it's employees to go on state assistance so they do not have to pay for their medical insurance.

Then why did the Democrats band together to bail out AIG and Wall Street ?
Is this another case of the right hand pretending it doesn't know what the left hand is doing ? Democrats overwhelmingly supported it yet now they bitch about it ? ( please don't say they were tricked again )

And they shouldn't have. Whoever told you I hold my party immune to criticism was misinformed. But I live in a very red state, so my congressmen are (R). Don't worry, I'll do my part to punish them on election day.

Last edited:
How do you define welfare state?

It's a percentage of the number of people on government assistance in relation to the total population. An example would be Sweden. Swedes are some of the healthiest people on the planet, yet 13% of working-age Swedes live on some type of disability benefit. The welfare system is too lax and does little to verify individual claims. The result? Bankruptcy. They've been flirting with total collapse for decades, but at the last minute free market reforms are implemented to save the day. This lasts until politicians forget what the root problem was and the cycle repeats itself.

Time to move to Galt's Gulch, a secluded refuge in a valley of Colorado where the men of ability have retreated after relinquishing participation in American society. This call was to the great men of mind and action to abandon the increasingly slave-state inclinations of a decaying United States - to go on strike - thereby withdrawing the only thing supporting the parasites and looters.
Atlas Shrugged

Goodbye!

Don't let the door hit your titanic sized asses on the way out.

Oh, by the way?

If you'd leave benind the $trillion-plus corporate welfare dollars the American taxpayers are on the hook for?

We'd surely appreciate it.

Last edited:
Goodbye!

Don't let the door hit your titanic sized asses on the way out.

Oh, by the way?

If you'd leave benind the $trillion-plus corporate welfare dollars the American taxpayers are on the hook for?

We'd surely appreciate it.

Goodbye? I live in the United States. Which country do you live in?

Here's the problem. Throughout much of American history, minority groups, African Americans in particular have been considered a sub-class- not even counted as full people in the original constitution. This has two effects. First, it means that many accomplishments that would be noted as historical accomplishments for anyone regardless of race, were overlooked- often intentionally. Consider if you made textbooks for schools in the 1950's. If you list a great number of accomplishments of African Americans in your history books, how do you think your sales would be in the old south? Additionally, when prejudice was rampant, the population was not as interested as a whole in minority accomplishments because they couldn't "relate" to them or would not look to them as heroic examples. So many were "conveniently" forgotten. The second effect is that the value of accomplishments of minorities, especially those from groups who have been treated poorly in American history is remarkable. It is easier to make a great sacrifice or work toward a great accomplishment when you know your sacrifice will be remembered or your accomplishment heralded. It is also easier to give more when you feel a sense of appreciation for all your country has given you or done for you. African Americans and other minorities have not frequently had these advantages. Often when they made sacrifices or achieved great things, even things as simple as serving in the military, they did it with the knowledge that most of the nation disregarded them at best, and despised them at worst. During WWII black American soldiers fought and died, only to return to a nation, especially the south, where they could be subjected to lynchings, segregation, and open hostility with little reprieve from the government of their country. I heard one WWII vet's story that they had brought German POW's back to an American military base and were assigned to guard them. On several occasions they had to take the prisoner into town to eat, and while the German P.O.W's were allowed to go inside, the African American soldiers were forced to stay outside. To sacrifce for a country that has treated you that way is an accomplishment.

It has nothing to do with saying "what a great achievement for someone of your skin color", it has to do with "what a great achievement for someone facing so much adversity". And African American accomplishments today, while not free of adversity, are in my opinion worthy of celebration primarily as an example of our progress toward a nation united in its humanity.

Could not have said it any better .. perhaps not as well.

And you just assume people are stupid and forgotten history or do you think just the good things minorities have done are worth mentioning ?

The "bad" things minorities do get uber-exposure and they plaster it on your TV everyday. It takes conscious effort to expose the contributions minorities have no only made to this nation but to this planet. As a minority, I appreciate those who possess the conscience to speak this truth.

Chris, that wasn't really the point of my post here, it was more to point out that color is not a factor when you look at the heart of a person or their love of this nation. To judge a person by the color of their skin is to show a persons ignorance and complete lack of knowledge of this nations history , those were just two examples, I had cited.

Well Navy that all sounds well and good but its not reality, just look at all the angry people and some of the stuff they have said and done, I dont need to give examples because many have seen them. This election is bringing out the true colors of many in this election and these people are not the majority but they are still in numbers and it worries me to see how many ignorant Americans we have and unfortunately they can vote which is even scarier. The video from the Mccain rally in PA was just mind boggling and its something I wont forget.

Not where I live. If anything, crimes by minorities are suppressed.

c'mon brother .. you live in Little Rock, Arkansas .. which has a LONG ass history of racism .. in fact, for a small town, it has an extrodinary history of racism.

Well Navy that all sounds well and good but its not reality, just look at all the angry people and some of the stuff they have said and done, I dont need to give examples because many have seen them. This election is bringing out the true colors of many in this election and these people are not the majority but they are still in numbers and it worries me to see how many ignorant Americans we have and unfortunately they can vote which is even scarier. The video from the Mccain rally in PA was just mind boggling and its something I wont forget.

While I agree jschuck that in reality some people cannot get past racial issues but hopefully I didn't mean to come across like I was saying everyone has the ability to judge someone based on who they are and not for how they appear. My hope in this thread was that many here would see that contributions to this nation have no qualifications based on color so why then should a presidential candidate?

While I agree jschuck that in reality some people cannot get past racial issues but hopefully I didn't mean to come across like I was saying everyone has the ability to judge someone based on who they are and not for how they appear. My hope in this thread was that many here would see that contributions to this nation have no qualifications based on color so why then should a presidential candidate?

Are you claiming that the Obama campaign is not using the race issue as a lever to try and win the election ?

I also hope people understand that some racial distinctions are necessary and do no indicate we aren't all Americams.

I'm an African-American .. I simply choose to define myself rather than someone else doing it for me.

Black beauty pagents exist because there are simpy different perspectives of beauty.

Black colleges exist because they focus on students and an agenda other colleges don't.

The Hispanic Legislative Caucus exists because it addressess the needs of Hispanic-Americans

Tolerance is not diversity and a color-blind society will never exist .. nor should it.

We are all Americans but we all took different boats to get here.

Are you claiming that the Obama campaign is not using the race issue as a lever to try and win the election ?

I don't know how you got that out of my comment dillo, what I am saying is that Barack Obama's skin color should have no bearing whatsoever on his qualifications to be President of the United States. Those that use skin color to judge anyone's qualifications or as a lever are ignorant.

I also hope people understand that some racial distinctions are necessary and do no indicate we aren't all Americams.

I'm an African-American .. I simply choose to define myself rather than someone else doing it for me.

Black beauty pagents exist because there are simpy different perspectives of beauty.

Black colleges exist because they focus on students and an agenda other colleges don't.

The Hispanic Legislative Caucus exists because it addressess the needs of Hispanic-Americans

Tolerance is not diversity and a color-blind society will never exist .. nor should it.

We are all Americans but we all took different boats to get here.

Easy for you to say as an African-American. If a white person makes ANY racial distinction the are branded a racist. Racial distinctions are not only sometimes necessary. They are often times the truth.
Until minorites cede the exclusive right to decide what is a bigoted and what is not, it is guaranteed to continue.

c'mon brother .. you live in Little Rock, Arkansas .. which has a LONG ass history of racism .. in fact, for a small town, it has an extrodinary history of racism.

No doubt. However, it's a very politically correct city. If, for example, a black person commits a violent crime, they will not report the race of the person. However, if it's a white person, they will say 'white'. If you say anything about black crime in Arkansas, you are immediately shut down. Now, of course, we have reverse racism where the blacks are now predominately racist.

No doubt. However, it's a very politically correct city. If, for example, a black person commits a violent crime, they will not report the race of the person. However, if it's a white person, they will say 'white'. If you say anything about black crime in Arkansas, you are immediately shut down. Now, of course, we have reverse racism where the blacks are now predominately racist.

Its as simple as this. If you grow up in a town with all white people and never experience the city where it is more diverse then you will always feel uncomfortable around the opposite race and you will continue to see the ignorant racists(both black and white) The younger people who are educated have gone to school with black people their whole lives, become friends and maybe even frat buddies. Its mostly about demographics and social status for black and white people who get along even though we all have old school relatives who dont let us forget the issue exists.

Forum List

Back