American Youths

RWA go to the lebian mothers thread, she doesn't neccessarily believe that the educational system is pushing a leftist agenda.

Originally posted by OCA
RWA go to the lebian mothers thread, she doesn't neccessarily believe that the educational system is pushing a leftist agenda.

Oh no. Not one of those.

Originally posted by OCA
Damn I just got into this thread and after only 21 posts this guy is taking the bitch way out. What a loser!

Like I said man, America's youth is screwed. He didn't even take a beating, he just didn't explain his position and decided to quit. America's youth is going to kill the country.

Originally posted by JROTCcadet
Consider this my last post on this forum, no one here listens, they simply talk (or should I say yell).

Dear Mom, the people on the message board were so mean to me, blah blah blah. Go complain aobut how hard the driver's license test is or something.

This is a fascinating thread - and I intend on making my contribution. However, this is like the evolution thread in that I need a little while to look at this, turn in over in my mind and thoroughly dissect it.
This is one of those subjects that I wont just type out a quick or flippant reply to, as I believe that it deserves more than that.

So I know all of you are now waiting with baited breath for my reply.....lol

Yes rtwngAvngr, I am one of those LOL ;)

And OCA, I'm not sure if you got it out of me or if I willingly gave it out, lol ;)

I just can't recall a single class that I took in all of my years in public schools, including community college where they taught a How To Bash Bush 101 or How To Be A Liberal 101, lol

In fact I don't remember a class where they taught Clinton Is A God 101 or Hilary Is Our Next President as an elective. lol

I'm taking this all in good humor guys...

Originally posted by brneyedgrl80
Isn't conformity the natural way for most people?

WOW, what a horrible non-retorhical question. The human mind that agrees to conform is the human mind that stops thinking. Which is why, if conformity is the way for "most people" we had better start praying for the future of America

Originally posted by brneyedgrl80
Yes rtwngAvngr, I am one of those LOL ;)

And OCA, I'm not sure if you got it out of me or if I willingly gave it out, lol ;)

I just can't recall a single class that I took in all of my years in public schools, including community college where they taught a How To Bash Bush 101 or How To Be A Liberal 101, lol

In fact I don't remember a class where they taught Clinton Is A God 101 or Hilary Is Our Next President as an elective. lol

I'm taking this all in good humor guys...

Good for you! alot of people will get really defensive and hot headed with these issues......its the best way to be

;) Thanks KL!!

I'm a fairly good humored person (read: sarcastic) but in most cases, I mean nothing by sarcasm. You can tell though when I'm being serious.

I think debating over the years has given me a "thick skin" so to speak.

JohnGalt, I would have to say that, as much as I would not want to admit this, conformity is natural for people. Genrally speaking, people tend to seek out other people with whom they share similarities.

In most cases Goths hang out with Goths, Ford people hang out with Ford people, Chevy people with Chey people, etc...

Now of course, there are sub-groups within these particular groups that people will fall into, generally, people do want to be accepted and "conform" when they find the right group.

I'm not saying that there is no free-thinking or rebelliousness, just simply stating that there is conformity, everyday. You, me, most people. I guess it just all depends to what extent conformity takes place. Of course any form of extreme conformity would not be healthy.

Conformity means to be obeient or compliant. that is not the same as hanging out with folks of like interests. that would mean doing as others do in an effort to be the same. so i am not sure what your definition of conformity is.....

Well, Conform means: 1. To make or become similar in form or character: correspond. 2. To act or be in compiance. 3. To act in accordance with prevailing modes or customs.

Conformity- 1.Correspondence in form or character: agreement. 2. Action in agreement with prevailing modes or customs.

So pretty much you can conform without giving up every single bit of your individuality.

An example would be, I guess, when I was in high school. Would I buy anything that wasn't from Charlotte Rousse or Wet Seal? No, because I wouldn't want my popular friends to make fun of my clothes or me. I wanted to look like them, just like they wanted to look like each other. But did I still go out and protest or picket when I felt there reason to even though my popular friends wouldn't be caught dead doing it? Yes.

That's what I mean by just about everyone conforms to a certain extent.

My individuality lies in the fact that I will never compromise or conform my beliefs for the sake of another man.

But I do agree that many youths conform in the social aspect of clothes. Hell, I shop Abercrombie and American Eagle, and none of my friends wear it; I just feel more confident when wearing those clothes. Hehe, even the sub-culture goths all shop at Hot Topic to get their mini-vampire clothing goods, so their cry of non-conformity is really just a bunch of bitching for attention.

Hope that made sense, it is 11:00 P.M. and I am looking for a new political party in my other window...

Until you dont care what others think of you you have no real chance at being happy. That doesnt mean you shouldnt dress nice or be good and kind, it just means if you do it to make others happy you wont find happiness that way. okay enough of the soapbox.

meh, the persuit of happiness can wait. I have to find a damned political party. New Guy, I really like the Consitutionalist' stand point on MANY issues. But the Pot Party is sooo hard to compete with.:D

Forum List

Back