American unions

Well my brother deals with paying the top brass their bonus'. I don't think the way they do that is right either. Imagine if labor got to decide how much they got paid. Do you think the white collar guys are any different?

If anyone thinks labor gets paid too much and the executives don't, then they are fooling themselves.

Business brass have got it made. Even when they're incompetent they get paid off with fistfulls of money. Essentially they've conned boards of directors who have then conned shareholders (stockholders I think you call them). This goes way back. There's a book by a bloke called James Burnham, The Managerial Revolution, it was published in 1941 (I've got a copy here somewhere in my roomfull of books). Orwell mentions it in Nineteen Eighty-Four. The point is that Burnham saw this new elite, the managerial class, growing. And sure enough, so it has. In every western-style economy the top brass in corporations are the elite class.

Unions are rank beginners against the brass in looking after each other.

Damn Clinton for signing NAFTA and damn the Repubs for puttin' it together.

They really screwed the pooch on this one and we're the bitch.

We're both singing in that choir, brother.

the American working class has taken it on the neck so that the American monied class can make more money by selling us foreign made goods.

After nearly fourty years of this trend toward internationalization and the end of the tariff system which protected our economic system that served us so well for 200 years(!!), their chickenshit economics have come home to roost.

The American working class is losing not only purchasing power, but is actually seen decreasing paychecks (not even taking into account the decline in the dollar).

If we make less, we pay less taxes.

Our governments go insolvent,

they borrow to continue paying for services.

There's more fiat dollars in the world.

The dollars value declines.

We obrrow more still to keep up the illusion that FREE TRADE is working.

It keeps getting worse for America.

We're both singing in that choir, brother.

the American working class has taken it on the neck so that the American monied class can make more money by selling us foreign made goods.

After nearly fourty years of this trend toward internationalization and the end of the tariff system which protected our economic system that served us so well for 200 years(!!), their chickenshit economics have come home to roost.

The American working class is losing not only purchasing power, but is actually seen decreasing paychecks (not even taking into account the decline in the dollar).

If we make less, we pay less taxes.

Our governments go insolvent,

they borrow to continue paying for services.

There's more fiat dollars in the world.

The dollars value declines.

We obrrow more still to keep up the illusion that FREE TRADE is working.

It keeps getting worse for America.

America is fine. Always has been. Some banks are having their excesses come back to bite them, which is what recessions and slowdowns are all about. NAFTA would have been fine if Mexico was more like Canada and less like.....well....Mexico....

Forum List

Back