American trust in news media falls to lowest level in history: Gallup poll

I've notice a pattern where lefties will attempt to use their positions of authority and power to censor out anything that violates its political agenda.

I've notice a pattern where lefties will attempt to use their positions of authority and power to censor out anything that violates its political agenda.
That's a pattern among many powerful political entities both right wing and left wing.

A major pollster has some stark news: “Americans’ trust and confidence in the mass media ‘to report the news fully, accurately and fairly’ has dropped to its lowest level in Gallup polling history, with 32 percent saying they have a great deal or fair amount of trust in the media. This is down eight percentage points from last year,” writes Art Swift, an analyst for the Gallup poll, which first asked the nation to weigh in on the press in 1972.

“Over the history of the entire trend, Americans’ trust and confidence hit its highest point in 1976, at 72 percent, in the wake of widely lauded examples of investigative journalism regarding Vietnam and the Watergate scandal,” Mr. Swift said.

The sentiment has fallen slowly and steadily, and has consistently been below a majority level since 2007.
“Republicans who say they have trust in the media has plummeted to 14 percent from 32% a year ago. This is easily the lowest confidence among Republicans in 20 years,” the analyst noted.

Among Democrats, the number is 51 percent, among independents, it is 30 percent.

American trust in news media falls to lowest level in history: Gallup poll

14% of republicans trust the media?

I'd like to see how that question was worded.
Bro, there's a link to the study in the article. Why not just click on it?

They rarely show the raw data.
Well have you checked to see?

No.

New Topics

Forum List

Back