American troops in Afghanistan losing heart, say army chaplains

Kevin_Kennedy

Defend Liberty
Aug 27, 2008
American soldiers serving in Afghanistan are depressed and deeply disillusioned, according to the chaplains of two US battalions that have spent nine months on the front line in the war against the Taleban.

Many feel that they are risking their lives — and that colleagues have died — for a futile mission and an Afghan population that does nothing to help them, the chaplains told The Times in their makeshift chapel on this fortress-like base in a dusty, brown valley southwest of Kabul.

American troops in Afghanistan losing heart, say army chaplains - Times Online

Whoops, looks like this one's already been posted in Current Events.

No matter who the Prez is, the troops gotta' know that the Commander in Chief wants to win. It's obvious this CIC doesn't, he even said as much:
"I'm Not Interested In Victory".

No matter who the Prez is, the troops gotta' know that the Commander in Chief wants to win. It's obvious this CIC doesn't, he even said as much:
"I'm Not Interested In Victory".

Well, in all fairness, Obama does have more important priorities than Afghanistan, like pleading with the IOC for the Olympics and flipping the bird to the Dalai Lama

No offense, Kevin. But it would be nice it all the comments on this could be in one thread. http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/90743-bring-em-home.html I would just end up posting what I posted there in here, too.

Maybe a mod will merge if you haven't an objection.

I didn't see that thread until after I posted this one. I would not have a problem with a mod merging them and I don't think they'd wait for my approval regardless lol. ;)

American soldiers serving in Afghanistan are depressed and deeply disillusioned, according to the chaplains of two US battalions that have spent nine months on the front line in the war against the Taleban.

Many feel that they are risking their lives — and that colleagues have died — for a futile mission and an Afghan population that does nothing to help them, the chaplains told The Times in their makeshift chapel on this fortress-like base in a dusty, brown valley southwest of Kabul.

American troops in Afghanistan losing heart, say army chaplains - Times Online

:clap2: :( I OH!!!! so totally agree with you 100% and my second oldest son is feeling the same way, and they are sending him back there, next month.This will be his 3rd term, with the Army.

Forum List

Back