American Traitors

Bullypulpit

Jan 7, 2004
Columbus, OH
<center><h1><font color=red>American Traitors</font></h1></center>

In 2000, this nation had a $230 billion dollar budget surplus. By 2004, that surplus had evaporated, to be replaced by a deficit of $412 billion (1.).

In May of 2000, Japan held $337 billion in US treasuries, China - $60.4 billion, OPEC $48.3 billion. In total, $1,260.8 billion in US debt was held by foreign central banks. (2.) In February of 2005, Japan held $702.1 billion, China - $196.5 billion, OPEC - $67.1 billion. In total, $1,996 billion in US debt is being held by foreign central banks. (3.)

This amount of US debt in the hands of foreign interests represents a threat to this nation unimagined by our Founding Fathers over two hundred years ago, let alone two or three decades ago. Foreign interests, with their hands on America's purse-strings, may now have the power to devastate the US economy at any time of their choosing. This blade hangs over America, yet our elected, some would say <i>selected</i>, leaders refuse to acknowledge its presence...let alone their complicity...in bringing about this state of affairs.

This administration has presided over wartime tax-cuts, a free-falling dollar, and surging foreign trade deficits as well as the ever expanding federal budget deficit, estimated at some $512 billion for 2005 (4.) ( this doesn't even include the cost of ongoing operations in Afghanistan and Iraq).

In placing our nations finacial health so firmly in the hands of foreign powers, this adminstration has betrayed its responsibility to the American people...It has abandoned any pretext of fiscal responsibility...It has turned a blind eye to war profiteers (5.)...In short, this administration and the Republican leadership in Congress have betrayed their oaths of office by ceding so much power over this nation directly into the hands of foreign agents. This is nothing short of treason, and its perpetrators should be brought to justice. It is time to stop coddling these vipers in our breast and name them for the traitors they are.

Citations:

(1.)http://www.cbo.gov/showdoc.cfm?index=1821&sequence=0

(2.)http://www.treas.gov/offices/domestic-finance/debt-management/qrc/QRC-Archive/2000-Aug.pdf

(3.)http://www.ustreas.gov/tic/mfh.txt

(4.)http://www.ombwatch.org/article/articleview/2028/1/18/

(5.)http://www.corporatepolicy.org/topics/topten2004list.htm

Bullypulpit said:

In 2000, this nation had a $230 billion dollar budget surplus. By 2004, that surplus had evaporated, to be replaced by a deficit of $412 billion (1.).

In May of 2000, Japan held $337 billion in US treasuries, China - $60.4 billion, OPEC $48.3 billion. In total, $1,260.8 billion in US debt was held by foreign central banks. (2.) In February of 2005, Japan held $702.1 billion, China - $196.5 billion, OPEC - $67.1 billion. In total, $1,996 billion in US debt is being held by foreign central banks. (3.)

This amount of US debt in the hands of foreign interests represents a threat to this nation unimagined by our Founding Fathers over two hundred years ago, let alone two or three decades ago. Foreign interests, with their hands on America's purse-strings, may now have the power to devastate the US economy at any time of their choosing. This blade hangs over America, yet our elected, some would say <i>selected</i>, leaders refuse to acknowledge its presence...let alone their complicity...in bringing about this state of affairs.

This administration has presided over wartime tax-cuts, a free-falling dollar, and surging foreign trade deficits as well as the ever expanding federal budget deficit, estimated at some $512 billion for 2005 (4.) ( this doesn't even include the cost of ongoing operations in Afghanistan and Iraq).

In placing our nations finacial health so firmly in the hands of foreign powers, this adminstration has betrayed its responsibility to the American people...It has abandoned any pretext of fiscal responsibility...It has turned a blind eye to war profiteers (5.)...In short, this administration and the Republican leadership in Congress have betrayed their oaths of office by ceding so much power over this nation directly into the hands of foreign agents. This is nothing short of treason, and its perpetrators should be brought to justice. It is time to stop coddling these vipers in our breast and name them for the traitors they are.

Citations:

(2.)http://www.treas.gov/offices/domestic-finance/debt-management/qrc/QRC-Archive/2000-Aug.pdf

Why don't you just start an "i hate reuplicans" thread under Anti-USA ? If you think that this is all the responsibilty of the GOP you are over the edge.

when the nation is strong we are too strong...when the nation is weak we are too weak....when people are being killed in iraq by their own leader we should save them ...... when we do we shouldn't ....

in every group of people there is a group that will complain.....about anything and everthing..... and nothing will make them happy......

fuck em

when i saw the title i figured Bully would be talking about himself. I suppose in a way he is. After all if you can ignore the fact that the surplus was a lie to begin with and the fact that WE WERE FREAKING ATTACKED!!!!! it says alot more about him that it does about anyone here in support of the defense and freedom of our nation.

Bullypulpit said:

Citations:

I honestly don't see what this has to do with Jane Fonda.....

but on the other hand.... since you're so concerned about our debt and the effect of foreign holdings on our nation's security.... I'm sure you want to see government spending cut drastically and immediately.....

So, effective today ....

1. Cut to the bone all departments that are not related to defense
2. Lay off every unionized government employee and replace them with non-union workers .... forbid any government employee from going on strike on pain of prison. In addition, fire/jail any government employee who doesn't do their job.
3. Forbid any spending increases not related to national defense.
4. set as a goal an 10% real reduction in the amount of government spending each year (this is conservative)

that's for starters

KarlMarx said:
I honestly don't see what this has to do with Jane Fonda.....

but on the other hand.... since you're so concerned about our debt and the effect of foreign holdings on our nation's security.... I'm sure you want to see government spending cut drastically and immediately.....

So, effective today ....

1. Cut to the bone all departments that are not related to defense
2. Lay off every unionized government employee and replace them with non-union workers .... forbid any government employee from going on strike on pain of prison. In addition, fire/jail any government employee who doesn't do their job.
3. Forbid any spending increases not related to national defense.
4. set as a goal an 10% real reduction in the amount of government spending each year (this is conservative)

that's for starters

1. Great idea. But the DoD could use some fat-trimming as well. I would actually go for some department elimination.

2. Gov't employees are already forbidden from striking, as far as I know.

3. Like I said, there's enough fat in DoD that you could keep them at the same dollar level for a year or two.

4. That will work up to a point.

gop_jeff said:
1. Great idea. But the DoD could use some fat-trimming as well. I would actually go for some department elimination.

2. Gov't employees are already forbidden from striking, as far as I know.

3. Like I said, there's enough fat in DoD that you could keep them at the same dollar level for a year or two.

4. That will work up to a point.
Tell you what.... remember the days of 500 dollar toilet seats? Those days are long gone. I work in the defense industry and can tell you that there is a lot of oversight. You have to meet stated cost and schedule objectives or the DoD fines you or makes you pay for the difference..... I don't see that happening in a lot of the other government areas.

Government employees are forbidden from striking, but in some cases they do. Also, many government employees are unionized (well over half).... whereas less than 8% of private sector jobs are unionized. That has to change. Union labor is not cost effective. Many government employees get better benefits than private sector workers and more time off (at tax payer expense), that is costing the tax payer a lot.

The DoD budget is less than 20% of the total federal budget. Medicaid, Social Security and Human Services are over 50% of the budget. If I were looking to cut the budget, I would look at the biggest items first. Also, there are a lot of programs e.g. the rural electrification program, that have outlived their usefulness (almost all rural areas have electric power).

You could cut half of the government programs in this country and probably not suffer any ill effects.

KarlMarx said:
Tell you what.... remember the days of 500 dollar toilet seats? Those days are long gone. I work in the defense industry and can tell you that there is a lot of oversight. You have to meet stated cost and schedule objectives or the DoD fines you or makes you pay for the difference..... I don't see that happening in a lot of the other government areas.

Government employees are forbidden from striking, but in some cases they do. Also, many government employees are unionized (well over half).... whereas less than 8% of private sector jobs are unionized. That has to change. Union labor is not cost effective. Many government employees get better benefits than private sector workers and more time off (at tax payer expense), that is costing the tax payer a lot.

The DoD budget is less than 20% of the total federal budget. Medicaid, Social Security and Human Services are over 50% of the budget. If I were looking to cut the budget, I would look at the biggest items first. Also, there are a lot of programs e.g. the rural electrification program, that have outlived their usefulness (almost all rural areas have electric power).

You could cut half of the government programs in this country and probably not suffer any ill effects.

I'm not saying that DoD is the only wasteful agency. I'm saying that I don't agree when people say "Let's slash the government - except for DoD." DoD should be held just as accountable as everyone else.

I think we are in total agreement about cutting other gov't programs, though.

gop_jeff said:
I'm not saying that DoD is the only wasteful agency. I'm saying that I don't agree when people say "Let's slash the government - except for DoD." DoD should be held just as accountable as everyone else.

perhaps during times of peace, but definitely not during times of war, as we are presently!

gop_jeff said:

We are in the midst of a long war against terrorism and you want to cut the DOD? If anything DOD's budget should be INCREASED to compensate for the war and the Clinton era stupidity of receiving a "peace dividend" aka cutting the Defense budget.. Increase the DOD, institute a draft if necessary, and inform the American people that the world is in a precariuos place now. With the war on terrorism, potential threats from new nuclear states (N. Korea, Iran), and a real threat from the Communist Chinese over the near future the DOD's budget should be free of any "cuts" that other agencies sorely deserve. Guns and Butter baby and the best Guns money can buy..

BR-549 said:
We are in the midst of a long war against terrorism and you want to cut the DOD? If anything DOD's budget should be INCREASED to compensate for the war and the Clinton era stupidity of receiving a "peace dividend" aka cutting the Defense budget.. Increase the DOD, institute a draft if necessary, and inform the American people that the world is in a precariuos place now. With the war on terrorism, potential threats from new nuclear states (N. Korea, Iran), and a real threat from the Communist Chinese over the near future the DOD's budget should be free of any "cuts" that other agencies sorely deserve. Guns and Butter baby and the best Guns money can buy..

OK, disclaimer: I work for DoD. So does -=d=-.

I'm not saying we should cut programs. I am saying that DoD, just like any other governmental agency, should spend their money wisely. They don't always do this, and thus there is wasteful spending in DoD. That should be cleaned up.

saw the title without the author. I figured this was a thread on Teddy Kennedy, Barbara Boxer, Howard Dean, Hillary, George Sauros and the rest of their ilk. Then i noticed who wrote it and immediately disregarded it.

dilloduck said:
Why don't you just start an "i hate reuplicans" thread under Anti-USA ? If you think that this is all the responsibilty of the GOP you are over the edge.

If I were an admin, I'd make it so Bully could only post new threads into the Anti-USA group.

But that's just me.

gop_jeff said:
OK, disclaimer: I work for DoD. So does -=d=-.

I'm not saying we should cut programs. I am saying that DoD, just like any other governmental agency, should spend their money wisely. They don't always do this, and thus there is wasteful spending in DoD. That should be cleaned up.
True, there is waste in the DoD, but let's put in perspective.....

1. What is the name of the cabinet position that if it doesn't do its job means the end of America as we know it? Answer: The Department of Defense.

2. During World War II, it took about 10 missions, with 20 bombers,each with about 10 men on board to take out one target. Today it takes one mission, one man (either in the plane or remotely) and one bomb. That is an astounding acheivement.

3. In 1991, we invaded Kuwait with, what?, 250,000 soldiers. Twelve years later, we invaded Iraq with half that amount... again, an astounding acheivement.

Because of technology, the DoD can do much more with much less. And with fewer dollars (when adjusted for inflation).

4. In 1964, Johnson declared war on poverty, now, after 40 years and over five trillion dollars spent, poverty sill exists and in just about the same percentage of the population as it did in 1964. Do you think, may, just maybe that 5 trillion dollars could have been spent more wisely? Do you think, perhaps, that there was just a wee bit of wasteful spending in that 5 trillion? In short, that 5 trillion dollars acheived almost no results at all....

Our country has fought and won several wars, put a man in orbit and on the moon, developed and launched weather and telecommunications satellites that have helped make our lives easier, cured polio, smallpox and other ancient diseases, and developed atomic power. All of this was accomplished for less than 5 trillion dollars. Something is rotten in Denmark, or should I say, Washington, DC!

As far as the Democrats and their partners in crime in Washington (the Labor Unions) are concerned, there could be a Department of Dog Crap. As long as tax payer dollars are helping to increase the number of government jobs. Because to them that is what the real objective is.

In fact, many government programs are nothing more than spending sprees to guarantee two results and two results alone, the expansion of government and increasing the number of bureaucrats (and thus expand the number of members in government unions, who are required to pay dues to those unions, whether they want to or not). Whether the programs actually acheive their stated objectives is beside the point. In fact, if they don't acheive their stated objectives, even better still, because then it means the need for more spending and more bureaucrats, and thus more union members and thus more dues, and thus more campaign dollars for the Democrats.....

KarlMarx said:
3. In 1991, we invaded Kuwait with, what?, 250,000 soldiers. Twelve years later, we invaded Iraq with half that amount... again, an astounding acheivement.

Actually, it was over 500,000 troops which makes what we did in Iraq this time even MORE impressive!

Forum List

Back