American Terrorism

Taomon

Dec 21, 2007
9/11 was not the first terrorist attack on US soil. In fact, throughout history America and her citizens have committed terrorist acts.

The bombing of the Alfred P Murrah Federal building was pinned on Timothy Mc Veigh. He confessed and mainstream America believe that he and Terry Nichols were the sole conspirators. There is a school of thought that puts forth the thesis that the two perpetrators were covering up a larger conspiracy tied to Middle East terror groups. While this may be true, the basic fact is that the bombing was a terrorist attack executed on American soil against American interests. So 9/11 was not the first strike against America on American soil (sorry Noam). But perhaps I am splitting hairs here.

Then again, when one looks at the 1993 World Trade Center Bombing one cannot ignore the blatant fact that we have been attacked already. What differs between the 1993 attack and the 2001 attack? For one, the 1993 attack was declared as and treated as a criminal act, which it was. The perpetrators were apprehended and justice was served. In 2001, Bush declared war. And the evidence was destroyed, a lot of inconsistencies were covered up and no true investigation was done. Unless you think the modern day Warren Commission AKA the 9/11 Commission did their job and no more should be said on the subject. For me, 9/11 was a crime and the cover up of that crime was an offense far worse than the actual terrorist attack. And one last point, for all those people who claim that George W Bush has kept us safe since 9/11; it was 8 years between the first WTC bombing and the next attack.

September 11, 2001 brought America to a screeching halt. This was an effective and brutal attack on our soil. Instantly we knew it was Islamic extremists who sought to radically change our culture to one of a strict theocracy. Americans were shocked and appalled, and rightfully so. But violence caused by religious extremists is not new to America. The Puritans exacted very harsh treatments to those colonists who did not abide by their God-fearing rules. The witch trials of Salem and other places displayed a pathetic, yet dangerous, hysteria surrounding the fear of subversive behavior. But the worst may be the bombings of abortion clinics and the killing of their doctors. Religious zealots dehumanize their victims when they believe that the doctor or the female getting an abortion is sinning and must be punished. Zealots believe that they will be rewarded for doing God’s work. Sound familiar? The 9/11 terrorists had the same belief.

I can go on and on about terrorist activities committed by America and her citizens. There are many more examples. However, the basic fact is that now the guns are pointed at us. But it is the guns of Corporate America. It is the guns of the Military Industrial Complex. It is the guns of the Pentagon and the White House. America is changing into a softer version of a fascist state (think of George Orwell’s 1984). A state controlled by banks and investors. A state where individual liberty pales in comparison to the liberty of capital.

We are cannon fodder for oil executives, mercenaries and war profiteers. We are cattle for business to exploit. The sad part is that we embrace it with open arms because that is what we have been conditioned to do.

um...

welcome to the boards...

This thread is doomed but... welcome anyway.

um...

welcome to the boards...

This thread is doomed but... welcome anyway.

ya until its on FOX few people on this board will acknowledge these facts
and reasoned opinions...but don't give up many also said RON PAUL supporters
are a fringe group of terrorist and mental patients in a neo-Nazi spam bot conspiracy

Do I strike you as the fox news watching type, Eots?

Do I strike you as the fox news watching type, Eots?

no ..your arguments and opinions on these subjects lacks key pre-programed responses such as references to mental illness, tinfoil hats ,twilight zone music and the regurgitation of long ago disproved misinformation that characterize the the typical FOX viewer

no ..your arguments and opinions on these subjects lacks key pre-programed responses such as references to mental illness, tinfoil hats ,twilight zone music and the regurgitation of long ago disproved misinformation that characterize the the typical FOX viewer

YOU however, seem well qualified.

Care to elaborate?

YOU however, seem well qualified.

Care to elaborate?

on false flag terror that has occurred within America ? if thats the question
then yes I could elaborate at great length, JFK ..okalhoma was an inside job .as was the first wtc bombing and the second,operation northwoods ,Mk ultra , bio weapon experiments on civilians, the drug trade..all.. CIA.. duh
what would you like to know ?

I can go on and on about terrorist activities committed by America and her citizens. There are many more examples. However, the basic fact is that now the guns are pointed at us. But it is the guns of Corporate America. It is the guns of the Military Industrial Complex.

That is sooooooooooooooooo 1960s.

That is sooooooooooooooooo 1960s.

But it is soooooooo true. You do realize that the news is not the news per se right? The news is opinion shaped by the heads of the owning corporations and by the sponsors.

You do realize that the military industrial complex has gained strength and is now infiltrating our state department. First response teams will soon beome privatized and run by firms like Blackwater right?

Rather than being sarcastic and flippant, you should be opening your eyes to what is happening to our country. We should be stopping this at all costs.

You do realize that the entire defense industry in this country has less sales than Wal-Mart?

You do realize that Halliburton's stock - the company that embodies all the evil on the world of the far Left - has gone sideways for two years?

You do realize that conservatives view the media as liberal and hostile to their interests?

You do realize that this war has done damage to the economic welfare - and thus business - of this country?

Rather than being archaically dogmatic, perhaps you should be opening your eyes outside of this anachronistic rigid ideology.

You do realize that the entire defense industry in this country has less sales than Wal-Mart?
Unless you count Blackwater, Tripod and the multitude of private security firms. Plus, the military industrial complex includes surveillance, computers, weapons and so on.

You do realize that Halliburton's stock - the company that embodies all the evil on the world of the far Left - has gone sideways for two years?
Yet, KBR has all of the Iraq contracts. Duh! Same company!

You do realize that conservatives view the media as liberal and hostile to their interests?
That is a myth. Conservatives yell and scream about the liberal media and yet who dominates the airwaves? Shows like Rush Limbaugh, Hannity & Colms, FoxNews and all the talking heads like Ann Coulter and Bill O'Reilly. Yeah a real big liberal conspiracy going on here. The real conspiracy is that people are willingly lied to. I wonder why that is.

You do realize that this war has done damage to the economic welfare - and thus business - of this country?
Yes and no. It has harmed the taxpayers and domestic business. Transnationals like Wal-mart and ExxonMobil are doing fine. There are two Americas: Corporate America (which includes the banks, investors & companies) and everyday America (which is where you and live). We are spectators in this economic boon that Bush speaks of. The true American economy is in shambles and has been for a long time. You can thank the concept of speculative markets for that.

Rather than being archaically dogmatic, perhaps you should be opening your eyes outside of this anachronistic rigid ideology.

My eyes are wide open brother. How about yours?

For me, 9/11 was a crime and the cover up of that crime was an offense far worse than the actual terrorist attack.

On another thread you said that murder was a sin, so I'm a bit confused now, but I won't ask you to justify your comment since your answer would necessarily be conjecture, or at best unproven allegations.

So, for comparison purposes, can I ask whether there are any further offenses that you consider to be worse than the indiscriminate mass murder of innocent men, women and children (essentially this means 3,000 "sins" all happening at once)?

Welcome Taomon.

That post is a bit too conspiratorial and extreme for me but you have some of it right. McVeigh was an alienated individual upset over Waco and that big bad meanie the government. Anti government propaganda and his own immaturity poisoned his actions. Abortion clinic bombings are closer to the radical Islamic religious types. It is hard to categorize each of them as their grievances and motivations are different. Louise Richardson writes that 'terrorism requires alienated individuals, a complicit community, and a legitimizing ideology motivated by a desire for revenge, renown, and reaction from the enemy.' While those pieces are common, corporate power doesn't fit it. It could be labeled rampant greed or unethical behavior or humans at their lowest. Somewhere around the time of Reagan, America shifted more to a social darwinist ethic, that worships business and riches, and cares not for America, and especially not for the average working Joe.

A final thought would be maybe the only American terrorism was aimed at the indigenous people.

On another thread you said that murder was a sin, so I'm a bit confused now, but I won't ask you to justify your comment since your answer would necessarily be conjecture, or at best unproven allegations.

So, for comparison purposes, can I ask whether there are any further offenses that you consider to be worse than the indiscriminate mass murder of innocent men, women and children (essentially this means 3,000 "sins" all happening at once)?

No murder of one person and murder of thousands is wrong. Neither is lesser than the other.

Complicity is worse because one could stop aggression and chose not to...which is the same as being the one flying the plane into the WTC.

Understand now or should I elaborate? The citizens of Germany were as culpable as the Nazi soldiers who committed atrocities in the concentration camps. They knew and did nothing...which the exception of the few who hid Jews from the Nazis. That was an honorable feat.

No murder of one person and murder of thousands is wrong. Neither is lesser than the other.

Complicity is worse because one could stop aggression and chose not to...which is the same as being the one flying the plane into the WTC.

Understand now or should I elaborate? The citizens of Germany were as culpable as the Nazi soldiers who committed atrocities in the concentration camps. They knew and did nothing...which the exception of the few who hid Jews from the Nazis. That was an honorable feat.

No - no need to elaborate. I think I understand you already.

Not hardly. One, that German citizens "knew" is conjecture. Two, even if they might have known some or all, it's REAL easy for you to sit and judge and blow all kinds of smoke about what you'd stand up to because you don't have a Gestapo agent holding a P-38 to your head.

You seem to have left out the part where ANYONE so much as questioning the Reich was considered an "enemy of the state."

Forum List

Back