American Students vs Islamic Propaganda

CAIR Demands Muslim Indoctrination of 12-Year-Olds
The story of a parent uprising in Tennessee.
October 16, 2015
Matthew Vadum

islam-in-schools-2.jpg

The terrorist-linked Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) is demanding that public school students in overwhelmingly Christian Tennessee be taught that the Islamic prophet Muhammad is the one and only true messenger of God.

No one seems to know why the Volunteer State has become a target of Religion of Peace activists. A 2014 Pew Research Center study found 81 percent of Tennessee residents are Christian, and only 1 percent are Muslims. The national average is 70.6 percent Christian and 0.9 percent Muslim.

But the self-styled Muslim civil rights group is warning Tennesseans about a proposed law that would forbid public schools in the state from teaching the principles of The Religion of Peace and every other religion until the 10th grade. Of course, whether Islam is even a religion per se has become a topic of lively debate. As outspoken ex-Muslim Ayaan Hirsi Ali says "Islam is not a religion of peace, it's a political theory of conquest that seeks domination by any means it can."

As Hirsi Ali opines and FrontPage readers are painfully aware, Islam is not content to be treated equally alongside other world religions. It insists on supremacy. As the San Ramon Valley Herald reported, CAIR founder Omar Ahmad told California Muslims exactly that in 1998, years before Americans were paying attention to Islam.

"If you choose to live here ... you have a responsibility to deliver the message of Islam," he said. The report paraphrased Ahmad adding, "Islam isn't in America to be equal to any other faiths, but to become dominant. The Koran should be the highest authority in America, and Islam the only accepted religion on earth." Ahmad also said, "Everything we need to know is in the Koran. We don't need to look somewhere else."
bullshitanimicon.gif

The kind of indoctrination Griffin references is legion. Universities, think tanks, and media outlets are armed to the teeth with Islamic propaganda, some of which is funded by U.S. taxpayers and Islamists overseas. For all we know, public school teaching plans in Tennessee and other states are already being based on these heavily biased materials.

Islamophile Carl W. Ernst, Kenan Distinguished Professor at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, provides a resource page on so-called Islamophobia on his taxpayer-supported website. It encourages readers to gorge themselves on self-serving drivel from the far-left Southern Poverty Law Center and the Center for American Progress. It refers readers to the Bridge Initiative: A Research Project on Islamophobia at the Prince Alwaleed bin Talal Center for Muslim-Christian Understanding at Georgetown University and the Islamophobia Research & Documentation Project at the University of California, Berkeley. At Berkeley, the Institute for South Asia Studies offers "K-14" lesson plans.

As you read this, would-be killers may be preparing to honor the cleric's wishes.

Although it happened in France, one young would-be terrorist just took action for Allah in school.

The Daily Mail (UK) is reporting that a 15-year-old student attacked his teacher in a French classroom while screaming the jihadist battle cry "Allahu Akbar." The unidentified pupil shot his teacher with a BB gun after reportedly "devising a plan to kill his literature tutor and die a martyr." A week after devising the plan, the boy "brought a knife and airsoft gun and grenade to Oehmichen Technical School in the city of Chalons-en-Champagne, France."

And when it happens again, stateside or not, young American public school students will be asked to define deviancy down as they ponder the real "root causes" behind the attack and are cautioned against judging the terrorists too harshly. Islamophobia, U.S. foreign policy, the continuing, stubborn existence of Israel, capitalism, the exploitation of the Third World, poverty, or unemployment drove the jihadists, youngsters will be told.

But the clock is ticking. As Muslim values are inculcated in young Americans, toleration of Islamism is likely to spread. In fairly short order it may be too late to retrieve young American minds from error.

CAIR Demands Muslim Indoctrination of 12-Year-Olds

Moral Dementia at Stanford and Berkeley
Honoring homicide.
October 23, 2015
Richard L. Cravatts

sjp.jpg

In a display of moral narcissism that British columnist Melanie Phillips has characterized as a “dialogue of the demented,” Stanford students staged a public protest on October 19th to once again denounce Israel and, presumably, to honor the slain homicidal Palestinians who have so far claimed the lives of 11 Israelis in a recent spate of violence in Jerusalem and parts of Judea and Samaria.

The protest, organized by the vitriolic Students for Justice in Palestine (SJP), followed in style and substance an equally debased display of moral self-righteousness at Berkeley, where a similar gathering on October 13th saw protesters enthusiastically chanting “long live the intifada” and “we support the intifada,” in other words, extolling the current homicidal rampage in Israel in which youthful terrorists have used knives, guns, stones, and vehicles to randomly murder Jewish civilians. In fact, the use of that word “intifada” is a grotesque and murderous reference to the Second Intifada that began in 2000, during which Arab terrorists murdered some 1000 Israelis and wounded more than 14,000 others.

Students for Justice in Palestine was founded by Berkeley professor Hatem Bazian, who in 2004 called for an intifada in the United States, and has become a disruptive, corrosive presence on many campuses with its disruptive, mendacious anti-Israel activism. The Stanford chapter, like others, has as its stated mission to work “toward justice and the recognition of universal rights for all current and displaced residents of historic Palestine,” meaning only the Palestinians at the expense of, and to the detriment of, Israelis. This notion of “justice” has only one beneficiary in a zero sum game where justice is achieved, not by having two states living side by side in peace, but through the creation of a new Palestinian state in the place of Israel.

“We stand in solidarity with the Palestinian people’s struggle for self-determination, justice, and equality,” the mission statement continues, intentionally ignoring the current existence of a sovereign Jewish state and allowing that self-determination is only acceptable for Palestinian Arabs and not, it seems, for Jews.

That pro-Palestinian student activists, those who purport to be motivated by a desire to bring “justice” to the Middle East and who, presumably, care about all human lives, could publicly call for the renewed slaughter of Jews in the name of Palestinian self-determination demonstrates quite clearly how ideologically debased the human rights movement has become. Activists on the Stanford and Berkeley campuses, who never have to face a physical threat more serious than getting jostled while waiting in line for a latte at Starbucks, are quick to denounce Israel’s very real existential threats and the necessity of the Jewish state to take counter measures to thwart terrorism against its civilian population. And quick to label the killing of terrorists by the IDF as “extra-judicial” killings, these well-meaning but morally-blind individuals see no contradiction in their calls for the renewed murder of Jews for their own sanctimonious cause.

At Berkeley, protestors were shouting out the oft-heard slogan, “From the river to the sea, Palestine will be free.” That phrase suggests the same situation that a rekindled Intifada would help bring about, namely, that if the fictive nation of “Palestine” is “liberated,” is free, there will be, of course, no Israel between the Jordan River and Mediterranean—and no Jews.

Those students who lend their moral support to terrorism, and who continually see the existence of “grievance-based violence” as a justifiable tool of the oppressed, have helped introduce a sick moral relativism into discussions about radical Islam and Palestinianism, not to mention Israel’s right to protect its citizens from being slaughtered.

That those students purporting to care about attaining social justice for the downtrodden are willing to let another group of people be murdered as part of that well-meaning campaign demonstrates quite clearly that a moral dementia has enveloped the anti-Israel crowd in a way that is both frightening and tragic, and we should see it for what it really is.

Moral Dementia at Stanford and Berkeley

What's wrong with a little homicide? Once you have written a few laws to entitle yourself to other people's money, you must keep killing to keep the loot. Otherwise someone will eventually make you cash up.

Islam and 9/11 Not Connected, 12-Year-Olds Taught in America
How stealth Jihad gets at our kids.
October 26, 2015
Matthew Vadum

is.png

Parents in Illinois are outraged that a public school there is painting a positive picture of Islam and teaching impressionable young students that Islam bears no responsibility for the 9/11 terrorist attacks in the United States.

This is just the latest incident demonstrating a growing trend in American education to portray the intolerant, slavery-sanctioning, woman-oppressing, genocidal, and relentlessly expansionist Religion of Peace as a misunderstood force for good or as just another world religion, no better or worse than the others. The relativist, multiculturalist, pro-Sharia compliance perspective is that a few bad, weird people who just happened to be Muslims flew airplanes into the World Trade Center, the Pentagon, and a Pennsylvania field on Sept. 11, 2001, and that these jihadist extremists in no way represent the core teachings of the Koran and the whole Islamic community, even though Muslims have been slaughtering, enslaving, and otherwise subjugating unbelievers for 1,400 years.

One of the education sector's gatekeepers Mark Halwachs, superintendent of High Mount School in Swansea, Ill., is proud to be serving humanity by presenting Islam as a positive thing that had absolutely nothing to do with the horrors of 9/11. The Kindergarten-to-8th Grade school he oversees has no plans to abandon its Islamic misinformation efforts and the teaching of revisionist history.

Halwachs, who sounds very much like a spokesman for the pro-Islamist Southern Poverty Law Center, made a series of admissions in an interview with the Belleville News-Democrat. The newspaper account states:

“We have to present, with 9/11 or anything, it wasn’t a religion that did that. It was bad men that did that. I think you have to take moments like that and use them as teachable moments,” he said. “You have to look at the age group and your students, and to me you can talk about different things in the world and teach about tolerance.”

School systems everywhere in America are littered with people like Halwachs who excitedly view 9/11 as a springboard to discussions about tolerance.

Halwachs seemed to suggest parents who complain about the specifics in lessons are eccentric outliers. Besides, "the school is teaching — and students that age can tell — the difference between a large group and a fanatical faction," the newspaper paraphrased him saying.

Parent Rachel Seger disagrees.

She wasn't happy when her 12-year-old daughter came home with history homework that consisted of learning vocabulary words from the world of Islam. “She said, ‘What’s Koran mean?’ and I flipped,” said Seger. “I said, ‘Excuse me?’ and I looked at them, and I said oh my God.”

Among the vocabulary words were jihad, Islam, Muslim, Arabia, Muhammad, Allah, hegira, mosque, Koran, and Baghdad. The report continues:

“Some of these words, I don’t even know what they are: Ayatollah, caliph,” said Seger, who was shocked that the history class would step so close to teaching religion. “I don’t want her learning other faiths from school. If it would have just stopped at ‘this is their culture, this is where they go to church,’ fine. But when you get into the actual aspect of it, that’s where I’m drawing the line. That’s just going a little too far.”

Sixth-grade history teacher Jim Munden refused to comment other than to say the family and the school have resolved the issue. In the case of Seger's child, the school made an exception and agreed to exempt her from learning the jihadi glossary.

Seger believes her daughter is too young to deal with some topics. “It’s just hard to explain this to her. That age group, 12-year-old girls, they’re a lot more sensitive than people give them credit for,” she said.

The parent continued:

“When it comes to that, some of those terms should have been left off of there, or left to parents, or wait until they’re older. Wait until 16 or 17 and old enough to wrap her head around it. If they’re going to teach it, they’re going to teach all of it, not just the happy, good side of it … and she’s not prepared to hear the whole truth.”

The controversy in the Land of Lincoln comes as educator-led Islamization and Sharia-compliance efforts move forward at schools across America.

The terrorist-linked Islamist front group that calls itself the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) is demanding that public school students in overwhelmingly Christian Tennessee be taught that the Islamic prophet Muhammad is the one and only true messenger of God. Supporters of the measure are bigots, CAIR maintains.

As I wrote a few days ago at FrontPage, the self-styled Muslim civil rights group is melting down over a proposed Tennessee law that would forbid public schools in the state from teaching the principles of Islam and all religions until the 10th grade.

The bill was introduced by Republican Sheila Butt, the Majority Floor Leader in the Tennessee House of Representatives. Butt is championing the legislation, according to a news report, after parents complained about "what they perceive as an inappropriate focus on Islam in history and social studies courses in taxpayer-funded middle schools."

"I think that probably the teaching that is going on right now in seventh, eighth grade is not age-appropriate," Butt said, echoing the concerns of Rachel Seger in Illinois. Students "are not able to discern a lot of times whether it's indoctrination or whether they're learning about what a religion teaches."

Back here at home, Ahmed has been feted at the White House by President Barack Hussein Obama. Before meeting the president, he said, “I’m going to talk to [Obama] about, like, how hard it is growing up in America. It was pretty hard living in America and going to school being Muslim.” Obama previously tweeted in support of Ahmed, praising his so-called clock, and inviting him for a visit: "Cool clock, Ahmed. Want to bring it to the White House? We should inspire more kids like you to like science. It's what makes America great."

And before attending the White House love fest, Ahmed went on a tour of Islamic theocracies overseas. He visited Saudi Arabia, Qatar, and Sudan, embracing its genocidal president, Omar al-Bashir, an inspiration to jihadists everywhere who is wanted by the International Criminal Court for war crimes.

Ahmed's residency in pro-Muslim Brotherhood, pro-Taliban Qatar, whose totalitarian government owns media outlet Al-Jazeera and underwrites the al-Qaeda-affiliated Al Nusra Front, is being sponsored by the Qatar Foundation for Education, Science and Community Development (QF) which has invited the fake bomb-maker to join its QF Young Innovators Program. QF allegedly funds Hamas and Qatar was accused of funding Islamic State last year by German Minister Gerd Mueller.

Ahmed Mohamed, of course, is not a failure.

He's CAIR's idea of the ideal American student.

And President Obama's.

Islam and 9/11 Not Connected, 12-Year-Olds Taught in America

Stealth Islamic Propaganda Shown to Six Million American Students

5/25/12 By Larissa Scott

On May 16 and 17 of 2012, Channel One Network, a national distributor of educational videos and newscasts viewed daily by over 8,000 middle and high schools, aired a two-part video series, titled "Young and Muslim in America" and "Islam in America."

In "Young and Muslim in America: How being a part of Islam changed ten years ago, Part 1," students watch as Muhtasham Sifaat, 18, kneels on a prayer rug inside an empty classroom. His voiceover explains how he moved around a lot when he was younger, but Islam has given him stability. What is not revealed is that Mr. Sifaat is a political activist serving as a chapter president of the Muslim Students Association (MSA), one of the most radical Muslim Brotherhood front groups in America.

The MSA pledge states: "Allah is my lord. Islam is my life. The Koran is my guide. The Sunna is my practice. Jihad is my spirit. Righteousness is my character. Paradise is my goal. I enjoin what is right. I forbid what is wrong. I will fight against oppression. And I will die to establish Islam."

Kyle Smith, 22, gives an overview of the five pillars of Islam before the narrator explains:

---

Since Skittles brand candy has already become part of the Trayvon Martin media narrative, portraying a hijabed Muslima shopping for Skittles at a corner store looks more like a manipulative re-enactment of the Trayvon Martin incident, designed to reinforce the victimology trope of racial profiling.

The narrator picks up the story:

These young people say they represent the majority of Muslims here in America. Not the extremists.

These young girls in the video may not be extremists, but it doesn't take much to see how they are being used as figurative human shields by two just-as-innocent-looking activists of the MSA -- a patently extremist organization. According to USA Today, NYPD "spokesman Paul Browne provided a list of 12 people arrested or convicted on terrorism charges in the United States and abroad who had once been members of Muslim student associations, which the NYPD referred to as MSAs."

Despite their efforts to radicalize the rest of the Muslim population, they do not represent the majority -- yet. Their claim is false, pretentious, and deliberately misleading.

Articles: Stealth Islamic Propaganda Shown to Six Million American Students

Notice when ever someone's bitching about someone's else's culture or religion they use the ones who're obviously of a different culture or religion because of clothing.

Something to be said for nudism. No funny clothes to make ya stand out no more. :)

5/25/12 By Larissa Scott

On May 16 and 17 of 2012, Channel One Network, a national distributor of educational videos and newscasts viewed daily by over 8,000 middle and high schools, aired a two-part video series, titled "Young and Muslim in America" and "Islam in America."

In "Young and Muslim in America: How being a part of Islam changed ten years ago, Part 1," students watch as Muhtasham Sifaat, 18, kneels on a prayer rug inside an empty classroom. His voiceover explains how he moved around a lot when he was younger, but Islam has given him stability. What is not revealed is that Mr. Sifaat is a political activist serving as a chapter president of the Muslim Students Association (MSA), one of the most radical Muslim Brotherhood front groups in America.

The MSA pledge states: "Allah is my lord. Islam is my life. The Koran is my guide. The Sunna is my practice. Jihad is my spirit. Righteousness is my character. Paradise is my goal. I enjoin what is right. I forbid what is wrong. I will fight against oppression. And I will die to establish Islam."

Kyle Smith, 22, gives an overview of the five pillars of Islam before the narrator explains:

---

Since Skittles brand candy has already become part of the Trayvon Martin media narrative, portraying a hijabed Muslima shopping for Skittles at a corner store looks more like a manipulative re-enactment of the Trayvon Martin incident, designed to reinforce the victimology trope of racial profiling.

These young people say they represent the majority of Muslims here in America. Not the extremists.

These young girls in the video may not be extremists, but it doesn't take much to see how they are being used as figurative human shields by two just-as-innocent-looking activists of the MSA -- a patently extremist organization. According to USA Today, NYPD "spokesman Paul Browne provided a list of 12 people arrested or convicted on terrorism charges in the United States and abroad who had once been members of Muslim student associations, which the NYPD referred to as MSAs."

Despite their efforts to radicalize the rest of the Muslim population, they do not represent the majority -- yet. Their claim is false, pretentious, and deliberately misleading.

Notice when ever someone's bitching about someone's else's culture or religion they use the ones who're obviously of a different culture or religion because of clothing.

Something to be said for nudism. No funny clothes to make ya stand out no more. :)
Thanks for following all my posts, but wait awhile before you bump them, let a little time go by for max effect...:bye1:

5/25/12 By Larissa Scott

---

Thanks for following all my posts, but wait awhile before you bump them, let a little time go by for max effect...:bye1:

People are lucky if I read their OPs. I don't go page by page like a troll or flamer.

Educating 'Engineers of Jihad' at US Universities
How the legal immigration system allowed four al-Qaeda-linked terrorists to attend U.S. colleges and roam free among us.
November 12, 2015
Michael Cutler

800px-anwar_al-awlaki_sitting_on_couch_lightened.jpg

On November 5, 2015 the United States Department of Justice issued a press release, “Four Men Charged with Providing Material Support to Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula.” The Indictment that charged these individuals with their crimes was filed on September 30, 2015 and unsealed on November 5, 2015.

While most people reading the headline would think of this as purely a disturbing story about terrorism, in reality it is at least as much a story about immigration -- not illegal immigration, but the legal side of the immigration system. Serious failures are endemic to the immigration system, but are seldom, if ever, reported on in the media or discussed by our political leaders. They were, however, reported in detail by the 9/11 Commission.

We will explore that nexus between immigration and the threat of terrorism shortly, but first, here is how the press release begins:

A four-count indictment was unsealed today in the U.S. District Court of the Northern District of Ohio charging four men with conspiring to travel to Yemen to provide thousands of dollars to Anwar Al-Awlaki in an effort to support violent jihad against U.S. military personnel in Iraq, Afghanistan and throughout the world.

The press release went on to state:

Here is a thumb-nail profile of the four defendants who have been charged in this case, as noted in the news DOJ release:

Farooq Mohammad: an Indian citizen who was an engineering student at Ohio State University between 2002 and 2004. In or around March 2008, he married a U.S. citizen.

Ibrahim Mohammad: a brother of Farooq Mohammad was also an Indian citizen who studied engineering at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign from 2001 through 2005. In or around 2006, he moved to Toledo, Ohio, and married a U.S. citizen. He became a lawful permanent resident of the United States in or around 2007.

Asif Salim: a U.S. citizen who studied at Ohio State University between 2000 and 2005. He became a resident of Overland Park, Kansas, in 2007.

Sultane Salim: brother of Asif Salim is also a U.S. citizen who resided in the Chicago-area from 2006 through 2012, until he moved to the Columbus-area.

For the purpose of beginning our consideration of the immigration component of the case we need to consider the first five allegations of the 72-page indictment:

This is only the most recent in a long string of cases involving terrorists who gamed the immigration system to enter the United States, conduct their operations and used the vulnerabilities of the immigration system -- most often the legal side of the immigration system, including the ability to enter the United States via the inspections process conducted at ports of entry and acquire lawful immigration status. On a number of occasions they were not only able to obtain lawful immigrant status, but United States citizenship as well.

The title of my November 10, 2014 commentary for Californians for Population Stabilization was a double entendre and will serve as my last word on the infuriating situation we find ourselves in today with politicians, journalists and others refusing to accept what should, by now be obvious: the need to secure our borders and effectively enforce our immigration laws is urgent. “Lack of Intelligence in Failures to Enforce Immigration Laws.”

Educating 'Engineers of Jihad' at US Universities

How Hitler-Era Brown Shirts Took Over Hunter College
Following the blueprint of how Hitler's brown shirts worked on Germans.
November 20, 2015
Phyllis Chesler

hd.png

Reprinted from IsraelNationalNews.com.

For the first time in the 21st century and on the American campus, legitimate economic grievances, specific to New York City, specific to the United States, have been tied to Zionism.

Led by a screaming woman in hijab and a man, assisted by the usual outside agitators, students screamed themselves hoarse at Hunter College, a branch of City University of New York not far from where I live just a few days ago.

“Zionism out of CUNY!” “Zionists out of CUNY!” “Intifada, Intifada” was chanted, screamed, roared, over and over again. You may see it here and here.

Their demands for pay parity for adjunct professors is just and long overdue. Their demands for “tuition-free education, the cancellation of all student debt, a minimum wage of $15.00 for campus workers” is, perhaps, more idealistic as well as economically challenging.

However, their demands for “an end to racial and economic segregation in education, racialized college-acceptance practices, work program requirements for students on public assistance, and an end to the rapid gentrification and privatization of public school property” verges on the surreal and smacks of Occupy Wall Street and the Ferguson riots.

The next demand is obscene.

“We demand CUNY divests from Israel, companies that maintain Zionist occupation, private prisons, and prison labor…the Zionist administration invests in Israeli companies, companies that support the Israeli occupation, hosts birthright programs and study abroad programs in occupied Palestine, and reproduces settler-colonial ideology throughout CUNY through Zionist content of education. While CUNY aims to produce the next generation of professional Zionists, SJP (Student for Justice in Palestine) aims to change the university to fight for all people’s liberation.”

Students who have been taught that is it permissible to shout speakers down, interrupt and heckle them, force out distinguished academics, compel payment for outside non-academic rabble rousers, feel empowered by totalitarian Group Think, conduct angry rallies like this one at Hunter College are no better than Hitler-era Brown-shirts. They are not behaving like college students.

They should be emphatically condemned by the administration, and either expelled or de-programmed, whatever works.

How Hitler-Era Brown Shirts Took Over Hunter College

Teacher Assigns 9th Grade Students To Create ISIS Recruitment Poster
The school has apologized.
News
Caleb Howe

joinisis.jpg

A ninth grade teacher in Utah gave students a homework assignment this week that had parents outraged and has caused a stir online. Just days after the horrific terror attacks in Paris, the unnamed teacher sent kids home to research and create propaganda posters for terror group ISIS. The assignment was eventually canceled, and the school has issued an apology.

What could possibly have prompted this assignment? Here is what the school said in their statement, via Fox 13 in Salt Lake City, which broke the story and sent it viral on Facebook:

"Salem Junior High recently learned from concerned parents of an assignment regarding extremists use of propaganda to spread untruths and misunderstandings. Upon learning of this assignment, the administration reviewed the concerns with parents and teachers. After consultation, the assignment was immediately withdrawn. If parents have any concerns, please call the administration at Salem Junior High."

To call the assignment a dumb move would be a colossal understatement. Perverse might be better. Utterly moronic. Sickening. Those are words that come to mind.

Students researching their posters would be searching the internet for actual ISIS propaganda, putting themselves at risk in addition to being exposed to the very propaganda that has polluted other teens too young to yet understand the full implications of what they are seeing. This assignment would be bad enough in class under supervision. But to send the kids home to work on it perhaps alone goes beyond irresponsible and into downright negligent. Just hear what this parent said:

Teacher Assigns 9th Grade Students To Create ISIS Recruitment Poster

Campus Fascists and the Suppression of Academic Free Speech
The anti-Israel Brownshirts want to decide who may speak and who may not.
November 24, 2015
Richard L. Cravatts

jbds-swastika.jpg

Of the many intellectual perversions currently taking root on college campuses, perhaps none is more contradictory to what should be one of higher education’s core values than the suppression of free speech. With alarming regularity, speakers are shouted down, booed, jeered, and barraged with vitriol, all at the hands of groups who give lip service to the notion of academic free speech, and who demand it when their speech is at issue, but have no interest in listening to, or letting others listen to, ideas that contradict their own world view.

This is the tragic and inevitable result of decades of grievance-based victimism by self-designated groups who frame their rights and demands on identity politics. Those who see themselves as perennial victims also feel very comfortable, when they express their feelings of being oppressed, in projecting that same victimization outward on their oppressors.

Of course, the issue that most regularly energizes the moral narcissism of campus ideologues is the Israeli/Palestinian debate, and recent events have confirmed that, if anything, activists have been emboldened by the fact that their misbehavior is rarely addressed by administrations in the same way, for instance, that university officials are so quick to do when minority students feel “unsafe” on the University of Minnesota campus in a drive-by racist rant by an anonymous sociopath.

Campus Fascists and the Suppression of Academic Free Speech

Welcome to Hamas West, aka Connecticut College
When twisted Islamist ideas and lethal Jew-Hatred are protected in the name of diversity.
December 16, 2015
Phyllis Chesler

ll.jpg

The Connecticut College administrators have finally put it in writing.

And they did so on the last day of the semester before the winter break when they knew that students would be leaving or already gone.

Based on what they wrote, these administrators would welcome a professor who teaches that the earth is flat. One can only wonder if they would also welcome Darwin’s discoveries about evolution—or might they view evolution as Darwin’s own opinion to which he has every right unless it offends a person of color who might become violent, in which case, Darwin’s ideas may be taught as long as Creationism is given equal time.

The American campus now welcomes all expressions, Big Lies, lethal narratives, speech that incites people to violence, junk science, ideas that are false and that endanger their own students—all are welcome.

Here is the statement just issued by Connecticut College administrators. I have never read a more intellectually vacuous statement—but the good news is this: they have opened the door to the truth. I can only hope and pray that organizations begin to tell the truth via posters on every campus from coast to coast. Here is your permission:

“To Members of the Campus Community,

The conflict in Israel and Palestine is one of the most complex issues
today, and one that we as a community have been discussing in classes,
in programs and in forums over the last several months.

Last week, the student group Conn Students in Solidarity with
Palestine (CSSP) placed posters around campus about an international
travel program called Birthright. The program sponsors free travel to
Israel for young Americans of Jewish descent.

We recognize CSSP’s right to share its perspective. Likewise, we
acknowledge the right of members of the community to express their
disagreement with the posters’ characterization of the Birthright
program. We continue to work proactively to open up venues for further
dialogue so that diverse points of view can be expressed. We are
committed to supporting all members of our community as we navigate
these and other complicated issues. We believe that a free and open
exchange of ideas—especially on contentious issues of the day—is a
hallmark of a vibrant institution and an essential part of a liberal
arts education."

What are they talking about? Pro-Palestinians students and supportive faculty plastered posters around the campus which are Big Lies and, in my view, amount to anti-Semitic hate speech. Nevertheless, these ideas have gained enormous traction on the North American campus. Such posters function as indoctrination tools for Islamism.

These posters have frightened and humiliated a small number of Jewish students on campus who will soon be visiting Israel for the first time.

These posters are meant to intimidate Jewish or pro-Israel students and faculty and to entice non-Jewish or uninformed students and faculty into believing that Israel is factually an example of “settler colonialism;” that there really are “seven million Palestinian refugees today”—all because of the “Nakba” (catastrophe), which is how Arab Muslims refer to the creation of the sovereign, democratic, modern state of Israel.

These posters view the Birthright Project as yet another example of Jews “ignoring Palestine” and caring only about Jews.

This is crude stuff that has no place on a university campus.

The posters are phrased in such a way as to present the Taglit-Birthright Israel as an ethnically exclusive free program for Jews only; as if this is unfair; as if this is only possible because there are too many rich Jews.

Welcome to Hamas West, aka Connecticut College

THIS WEEK IN PROGRESSIVE LUNACY: Professor Leads Campus Protest Wearing 'Muslim Yellow Star'
Because wanting to temporarily halt Muslim immigration is the same as marking Jews for death.
News
Trey Sanchez

screen_shot_2015-12-18_at_9.08.23_am.jpg

A religious studies professor at the University of San Diego gathered at least 100 other faculty and students to join her in silently protesting what she considered anti-Muslim rhetoric coming from Republican candidates. But in doing so, the group went completely over the top by misappropriating the yellow badges forced onto Jews before the Holocaust and wore similar stars inscribed with "Muslim" and a crescent moon.

According to the Times of San Diego, Bahar Davary is an associate professor of theology and religious studies. The idea for the badges was birthed in her introduction to Islam course "Islamic Faith and Practice" with the help of her students. From the Times:

“What it symbolizes is that there have been people who have been made to be the ‘other’ throughout history,” said Davary, an Iranian-American whose academic specialty at the Catholic university is Islam…

“It’s not only Trump. It’s not only Ben Carson,” Davary said. “There have been anti-Muslim actions taking place. In some ways it’s frightening.”

Davary was careful to instruct that the protest was to remain on campus for fear that it could be "misunderstood" as the report notes:

For now, it’s a campus protest only. She advises her students not to wear the stars off campus in case the meaning is misunderstood.

USD-Students-Wearing-Stars.jpg

Musliim-Star-300x267.jpg

THIS WEEK IN PROGRESSIVE LUNACY: Professor Leads Campus Protest Wearing 'Muslim Yellow Star'

Muslim Student Association Leader Calls Campus Police Over Invitation to Debate
Why a campus police officer knocked on my dorm room.
December 29, 2015
Noor al-Amriki

pc.jpg

Reprinted from JihadWatch.org.

Back in the early Fall of 2006, I was attending a university in my home state. Over three years before that, I had left Islam, and I wanted to do my little part to prevent others from being deceived by Muslims and their attempts at whitewashing what Islam actually taught. Facebook was very new to me, but I managed to find the head or representative of the Muslim Student Association at my school. I sent her a friendly message and asked if she might be interested in participating in a debate on campus about Islam. After finishing the message, I forgot it because of classes.

Approximately two or three days later, I was in my dorm room when I heard a knock at the door. I opened the door and was surprised to see a campus police officer standing there. I greeted him and he asked if I was me. Then he asked if I had sent a message to the Muslim woman in question. I confirmed that I had indeed done so, and asked what the problem was. The officer stated that the woman took my email merely asking if she would like to participate in a campus debate on Islam as a threat and contacted campus police. I explained to him that no threats of any kind were made, just a polite request. The officer said that due to the complaint, he would need to search my room for weapons. I agreed to allow this, but made it clear that it was wrong to make a complaint against me when no threats had been made. He did not respond, but did a quick look in the room and found nothing, of course. He thanked me for my cooperation and departed.

Years later, that incident had all but left my mind until I read Robert Spencer’s recent Jihad Watch post about the attempt by the Muslim Student Association to silence free speech by trying to organize a zero tolerance policy on speech they deem “Islamophobic.” I regret not making my own complaint to the university at that time, about that woman’s false claim of feeling threatened. I never replied to the woman or to anyone else, out of fear of being kicked out of school.

Muslim Student Association Leader Calls Campus Police Over Invitation to Debate

Cal Support For Terrorists
An exchange of letters with university officials.
January 5, 2016
David Horowitz Freedom Center

rt.png

To learn more about the Freedom Center's Stop the Jihad on Campus Campaign, visit StoptheJihadonCampus.org.

Editorial note: This fall, the David Horowitz Freedom Center released a report naming the 10 Top American Universities Most Friendly to Terrorists. Among them were three campuses of the University of California system: The University of California, Irvine, the University of California, Los Angeles, and the University of California, San Diego.

These universities give financial support and campus privileges to organizations that promote terrorist propaganda, specifically Students for Justice in Palestine (SJP) and the Muslim Students Association (MSA). Both of these campus groups were created by the Muslim Brotherhood, the creator of Hamas, an organization which openly advocates for the destruction of the Jewish state and the genocide of the Jewish people.

On November 25, we wrote to the presidents of each university named in our “Top Ten” report to urge them to withdraw their financial and institutional support for student organizations which promote terrorist agendas. The president of the University of California and former head of the Department of Homeland Security, Janet Napolitano, did not reply to our letter but assigned a response to the Executive Director of Student Affairs at UC Irvine. What follows is our second letter to President Napolitano and then an exchange between the UC Irvine administrator and our campus director, Sara Dogan, followed by our initial letter to President Napolitano.

David Horowitz
CEO & Founder, the David Horowitz Freedom Center
Sherman Oaks, California

January 4, 2016

Janet Napolitano
President
University of California

Dear Janet Napolitano,

On November 20, 2015, I sent you a letter about two organizations that promote terrorist propaganda, and specifically terrorist lies about Jews and the state of Israel on your campuses. These organizations – Students for Justice in Palestine and the Muslim Students Association – were founded by members of the Muslim Brotherhood, the terrorist organization that trained Osama bin Laden and that created Hamas, whose charter calls for the extermination of the Jews. Both these organizations receive funding and special privileges from your university. I asked you to end this support: “This letter is to ask you to withdraw your active support for this organization and the terrorist agendas it promotes, specifically the destruction of the Jewish state of Israel, and the extermination of its Jewish population.” As a former head of the Department of Homeland Security, surely you can appreciate the inappropriateness of having a taxpayer-funded university provide financial support to pro-terrorist propaganda groups.

Cal Support For Terrorists

The Lie of Pro-Palestinian Activism
A lecture at the University of Chicago exposes the Jew-hating agenda of a fake peace movement.
February 23, 2016
Caroline Glick

sjp-jewhaters-ucla-740x400.jpg

(If the kiddies believe these posters they should get the boot...)

Originally published by the Jerusalem Post.

Last Thursday, yet again, we learned that pro-Palestinian activists couldn’t care less about Palestinians.

For them, the Palestinians whose rights they claim to champion are nothing more than means to another end.

Our latest lesson came from the University of Chicago.

Last week, Palestinian human rights activist Bassam Eid was abused and threatened by supposedly pro-Palestinian and pro-peace activists as he tried to inform his audience about the state of Palestinian human rights today.

Bassam Eid has dedicated his life to defending the human rights of the Palestinians. From 1967 through 1994, Israel administered the population centers of Judea, Samaria and Gaza. From 1994, with the establishment of the Palestinian Authority until today, the Palestinians have been ruled by the PLO and Hamas.

As a human rights activist, until 1994, Eid directed most of his criticisms against Israel. Since then, Eid has defended Palestinian human rights from abuse at the hands of the PLO and Hamas.

Until 1994, Eid’s human rights activism made him the darling of the far Left. He was a co-director of B’tselem. He was invited to prestigious anti-Israel forums worldwide and given platforms where he presented his accusations against Israel to international acclaim.

But since the PA was formed, those who once upheld him as a hero have turned their backs on him. In so doing, they have shown their true colors.

During his talk at the University of Chicago, those colors came shining through.

Eid talked about the human rights abuses and repression of Palestinians not at the hands of Israel, but at the hands of the PA and Hamas. In other words, Eid held the Palestinian leadership accountable for its failure to respect the rights of the Palestinians it claims to speak for.

This, it turns out, is a big no-no.

Eid was attacked by two distinct groups for daring to hold the Palestinian leadership accountable for its abuses of Palestinian human rights. In their collusion, we see the truth about those who proclaim their commitment to “justice for the Palestinians” on the one hand, and those who proclaim their devotion to “peace” on the other hand.

The Lie of Pro-Palestinian Activism

The Paranoid View of History Infects Oberlin
Promoting classic anti-Semitic tropes goes unchecked at one of America’s finest liberal arts institutions.
March 1, 2016
Richard L. Cravatts

dr.jpg

“Anti-Semitism,” wrote Stephen Eric Bronner, author of the engaging book A Rumor About The Jews, “is the stupid answer to a serious question: How does history operate behind our backs?” For a wide range of ideological extremists, anti-Semitism is still the stupid answer for why what goes wrong with the world does go wrong. It is a philosophical world view and interpretation of history that creates conspiracies as a way of explaining the unfolding of historical events; it is a pessimistic and frantic outlook, characterized in 1964 by historian Richard Hofstadter as “the paranoid style” of politics, which shifts responsibility from the self to sinister, omnipotent others—typically and historically the Jews.

Long the thought product of cranks and fringe groups, Hofstadter’s paranoid style of politics has lately entered the mainstream of what would be considered serious, and respectable academic enterprise. Witness, for instance, the Facebook posts of Joy Karega, an assistant professor of Rhetoric and Composition at Oberlin College, who wildly claimed that Jewish bankers control the world economy and have financed every war since Napoleon, that Israelis and Zionists were not only behind the 9/11 attacks in New York but also orchestrated the Charlie Hebdo attacks in Paris, and that Israeli fingerprints could be found in the downing over Ukraine of Malaysian Air Flight 17 and also in the rise of ISIS.

What troubles observers of this type of intellectual incoherence emanating from academia, is that, unlike its intellectually flabby predecessors from right-wing hate groups or left wing cranks, this political analysis comes complete with academic respectability of Oberlin, a trend that Professor Hofstadter had himself originally found noteworthy. “In fact,” he wrote, “the idea of the paranoid style as a force in politics would have little contemporary relevance or historical value if it were applied only to men with profoundly disturbed minds. It is the use of paranoid modes of expression by more or less normal people that makes the phenomenon significant.”

The Paranoid View of History Infects Oberlin

Simon & Schuster Gets With the Program
A line of Muslim-themed books for children coming soon.
March 7, 2016
Hugh Fitzgerald

salaam-reads.jpg

Reprinted from Jihad Watch.

Last week it was announced that Simon and Schuster will publish a line of Muslim-themed books for children called Salaam Reads. The undertaking appears to have been prompted by one Zareem Jaffery, an executive editor at the publishing house, who says the “aim with the Salaam Reads imprint is in part to provide fun and compelling books for Muslim children” that will also be “entertaining and enriching for a larger non-Muslim audience.” She convinced Simon and Schuster that the time was right to get with this program, the program being to make Muslim children feel at home by reading about Muslim children just like themselves and to make familiar, and palatable, Muslim religious observances and beliefs to non-Muslim children, by showing how kids of four different “faith traditions” — “Musa, Moises, Mo, and Kevin” (can you spot the Catholic?) – become friends, pal around together, and find out about each other’s faiths, without anything to trouble their carefree, innocent friendship as each learns, in turn, about the religious practices and beliefs of each of the three other members of the group.

All this sweetness and light, however, will almost certainly be based on a lie, or rather on a series of lies. Of course, none of the books has yet been published, but we can confidently predict what in them will not be included, and what will. Just imagine, for a minute, how the two most important Muslim holidays, Eid Al-Adha and Eid Al-Fitr, are likely to be presented by Salaam Reads. At both of these feasts, an animal — a lamb, a goat, a cow, a camel — is sacrificed, its throat slit, and then it is left to bleed to death, often in full view of smiling and excited onlookers. You can find photographs of such scenes online, at Muslim websites. If the aim of Salaam Reads is to convey a truthful picture of Islam, then it ought to show how almost all Muslims practice it, and that includes the way those animals are killed, which is part of the violence that suffuses Islam. But do you think those responsible for Salaam Reads will provide any such pictures or photographs of these animals, dying or dead? When it comes to sharing knowledge of this aspect of the Muslim faith, Salaam Reads will not only avoid showing the practice, but in the text will provide only a vague brusque admission that “animals are sacrificed” at the two Eids, while carefully not hinting at how.

Salaam Reads will certainly be sure to include Quran 5:32, in its popular but incomplete and misleading form:

“The Holy Koran teaches that whoever kills an innocent, it is as if he has killed all mankind; and whoever saves a person, it is as if he has saved all mankind.”

But Salaam Reads will not include the modifying verse Qur’an 5:33:

“The only reward of those who make war upon Allah and His messenger and strive after corruption in the land will be that they will be killed or crucified, or have their hands and feet on alternate sides cut off, or will be expelled out of the land.”

And I can just imagine the four boys – Musa, Moises, Mo, and Kevin – visiting each other’s churches, synagogues, mosques as part of Interfaith Outreach, and one of the non-Muslim boys proudly proclaiming that in this great land of ours, the First Amendment guarantees the free exercise of religion, and Mo then replying, “You know, some people seem to think that Muslims don’t respect freedom of religion, but nothing could be further from the truth. Why, more than a thousand years before the First Amendment guaranteed freedom of religion here in our home, we Muslims observed freedom of religion as guaranteed in the Holy Qur’an: ‘There is no compulsion in religion.'” (2.256) What that phrase actually meant in practice is that all non-Muslims have three choices under Muslim rule: death, or conversion to Islam or, if you were a Christian or Jew, and thus of the People of the Book (Ahl al-Kitab) you could be “tolerated” as long as you agreed to a life of indignity and humiliation as a “Dhimmi,” and agreed to pay a special tax, the “Jizyah.” If, in the Salaam Reads series, the word “Jizyah” appears at all, it will no doubt be defined as “an amount non-Muslims pay the Muslim state to protect them.” But protect them from whom? From the Muslims themselves. The exaction of the “Jizyah” is classic extortion.

Muhammad is the central figure in Islam. He is the Perfect Man (al-insan al-kamil) and the Model of Conduct (uswa hasana). But I’m fairly sure that in the Salaam Reads series, there’s a lot you won’t be told about Muhammad. You won’t learn of Muhammad’s consummation of his marriage to little Aisha when she was six, or about the assassination of the poetess Asma bint Marwan or the killing of the elderly Jewish poet Abu ‘Afak, who had mocked Muhammad in verse. You won’t find out about Muhammad’s raid on the Khaybar Oasis, where this “Perfect Man” seized loot from the inoffensive Jewish farmers, and in the afternoon took for himself as a sex slave a Jewish girl, Safiyya, whose husband, father, and brothers Muhammad had had killed that very morning. You won’t hear about the slaughter of 600-900 members of the Banu Qurayza in Medina after they had surrendered.

When the Salaam Reads books start to come out, see if you can find anywhere in their texts “kitman” and “taqiyya.” You won’t find those words printed on the pages. But not to worry: they’ll both be staring you in the face.

Simon & Schuster Gets With the Program

Forum List

Back