American Students vs Islamic Propaganda

Academics or Agitprop Artists?

April 10, 2013
By Fjordman

In late 2012, the academics Øystein Sørensen, Bernt Hagtvet and Bjørn Arne Steine, among others, published a work in Norway called Høyreekstremisme. Ideer og bevegelser i Europa (“Right-wing extremism. Ideas and Movements in Europe”) I figure prominently in this book, which in my view symbolizes the decay and intellectual dishonesty in modern academia.

Co-editors Bernt Hagtvet and Øystein Sørensen, both of them professors at the University of Oslo, suggest that my ideology is anti-democratic and dangerous and will lead to oppressive and authoritarian societies. It is unclear how this could be the case, since I want to move power away from unelected supranational organizations such as the EU, and back to the people, and reduce state interference in the lives of individual citizens. I must be the first alleged “Fascist” in history who wants less state power over the lives of individual citizens.

The chapter written by Vidar Enebakk on “Fjordman’s radicalization” is particularly incompetent and ridiculously politicized. For example, he refers totally uncritically to the report “Fear, Inc. The Roots of the Islamophobia Network in America” from 2011, which was published by the left-wing organization The Center for American Progress, with several Muslim collaborators.

This report was clearly intended to smear people in North America and other Western countries who oppose Islamization and sharia law in any significant way. It also tied Breivik’s terror attacks directly to the emergence of so-called “organized Islamophobia.”

Yet instead of applauding me for doing this, Enebakk responded by accusing me of engaging in shady and possibly illegal activities. Clearly, this is a person who is not interested in honest debate.

Vidar Enebakk is engaged in systematic character assassination, not research. His obsessive preoccupation with me gives Mr. Enebakk a profile resembling that of a cyber-stalker — a bit like Anders Behring Breivik once was.

He is a living symbol of the decline of modern academia.

Academics or Agitprop Artists? | FrontPage Magazine

bombingheadline.jpg

Senior Boston Bomber Recently Turned Religious, Attended Anti-American Mosque

April 19, 2013
By Daniel Greenfield

The media is still baffled, completely baffled as to the motives of the terrorists. Dzhokhar Tsarnaev’s favorite song was “We Will Dedicate Our Lives to the Jihad“. But what can a little detail like that tell us about him?

Nothing.

His aunt is equally baffled.

Baffling.

He dropped out of the university and became more religious and listened to Jihadist sermons and music. And he attended a mosque which wasn’t terribly pro-American.

Again baffling.

Americans for Peace and Tolerance has been saying the same thing over and over again about Islamist mosques in Boston only to be jeered and abused for sounding the alarm.

Perhaps the owner of this car with the Coexist bumper sticker hijacked by a member in good standing of the Religion of Peace could ponder the practical implications of that. But like the media, he is almost certainly baffled.

The one thing we all know is that Islam has nothing to do with it. Nothing at all.

Coexist.

HijackCoexist.jpeg

Senior Boston Bomber Recently Turned Religious, Attended Anti-American Mosque | FrontPage Magazine

UC Berkeley "Islamophobia" prof Hatem Bazian equates Boston jihad bombings with "Islamophobia"

Posted by Robert on May 15, 2013

The aptly-named professor Hatem Bazian some years ago called for an "intifada" in the U.S. Here, he completely ignores the fact that the Tsarnaev brothers were Muslims acting, in their own words, in the defense of Islam. He offers no action on the part of Muslim communities in the U.S. to prevent other young Muslims from getting the idea that murdering Infidels is a way to defend Islam. Instead, as one would expect from a charter member of the "Islamophobia" propaganda industry, he equates the Tsarnaevs' murders, which he calls "horrific crimes," with those who spoke accurately about what motivated those murders, whom he accuses of "crimes against our collective consciousness."

UC Berkeley "Islamophobia" prof Hatem Bazian equates Boston jihad bombings with "Islamophobia" - Jihad Watch

“Islamic Science” or Islamic Propaganda?

June 14, 2013 By Bruce Bawer

sultans_of_science.jpg

For years now, as we all know, newspapers, magazines, and book publishers around the Western world have shrunk from publishing texts that touch on some of the more uncomfortable truths about Islam, preferring instead to give us all but idyllic accounts of Muslim history and belief and hagiographies of its prophet. Similarly, film, TV, and theater producers have gotten into the habit of scrubbing scripts free of anything that might be considered critical of Islam, even as they’ve given the green light to one project after another that has done a thoroughgoing job of whitewashing the Religion of Peace.

Museums, too, have played this same timid game, quietly removing centuries-old images of Muhammed from display and putting them into storage for fear of offending believers. Meanwhile, museumgoers have been treated to shows that are sheer Islamic propaganda.

Who’s behind this boatload of B.S.? Was it put together, as most traveling museum exhibitions are, by a legitimate museum of international standing? Was it curated by a respected, credentialed historian of science? Well, no. Officially anyway, the exhibition was created, and is sponsored, by an outfit called MTE Studios, which describes itself as “a specialized consultancy firm focused on themed architecture and interactive learning experiences.” Indeed, “Sultans of Science” is said to be the “traveling version” of an exhibition that is on permanent display in a mall in Dubai and that MTE put together in partnership with an institution called the Research House for Islamic Studies & Heritage Revival. (The website of the Norwegian Museum of Science and Technology, by the way, links to an MTE press release that, making even great claims for Islamic science than does the museum’s own website, refers to “the remarkable achievements of Muslim civilization” and promises that Europeans who drop in on “Sultans of Science” will “be amazed to learn about the significant role the Islamic scholars have played in modern science, from astronomy to medicine to engineering to navigation and optics.”)

Somebody on Facebook had the following to say about this vexing situation: “A public institution that threatens to report critics to Facebook administrators…that’s something I never would have thought possible in Norway.” Well, we’d all better get used to it – or start making a lot of noise about this nasty business in other public fora before they get closed down, too.

?Islamic Science? or Islamic Propaganda? | FrontPage Magazine

Islamic Supremacist Nominated as UC Student Regent

June 13, 2013 By Robert Spencer

reg-338x350.jpg

A UC Berkeley senior who is a venomous supporter of the jihad against Israel and member of several Islamic supremacist groups with links to jihad terror has been nominated to become the University of California student regent for the 2014-15 academic year.

The student regent participates in a board that sets policies for the entire University of California system, which consists of ten campuses throughout the state. Sadia Saifuddin is expected to be confirmed as student regent by the full Board of Regents next month.

The hijabbed Saifuddin would be the first Muslim student regent. “My faith,” she explained, “is a big part of my life. What I love the most about Islam is that it preaches tolerance and love, which is the reason that I have close friends and networks outside of the Muslim community as well.”

Yet Saifuddin’s record at UC-Berkeley is hardly one of tolerance and love. She co-sponsored a BDS resolution in the Berkeley student Senate, calling on the entire University of California system to divest companies that do business with Israel, based on the spurious premise that Israel is “occupying” Palestinian territory.

Islamic Supremacist Nominated as UC Student Regent | FrontPage Magazine

All these guy does is post hilarious gibberish from FrontPagemag= David Horowtiz loon opinion articles.

:lol:

Open Letter to the UC Regents

June 18, 2013 By David Horowitz and Jeffrey Wienir

Editors’ note: Sadia Saifuddin, a UC Berkeley senior and a member of the MSA and Students for Justice in Palestine, Muslim Brotherhood front groups that regularly sponsor “Israel Apartheid Weeks,” was recently nominated to become the University of California student regent for the 2014-15 academic year. In addition to sponsoring anti-Israel resolutions on campus including one calling for divestment from companies that do business with Israel, she is behind the vicious attack on Tammi Rossman-Benjamin, a lecturer at UC Santa Cruz and one of the lone defenders of Israel amongst faculty within the University of California system. The following is an open letter to the Regents of the University of California, urging them not to confirm Saifuddin when they convene next month.

Sign This Letter and Send the UC Regents a Message:

Open Letter to the UC Regents | FrontPage Magazine

The Lies and Misrepresentations of Reza Aslan

August 5, 2013 By Majid Rafizadeh

Reza-Aslan-009.jpg

FOX interview http://theweek.com/article/index/247698/watch-fox-news-defends-terrible-interview-with-reza-aslan

Among the Islamists and supporters of Sharia law, there is one individual in particular who has been capable of making money by misrepresenting himself and his credentials: the tireless self-promoter, Reza Aslan. After 9/11, Reza Aslan found the environment ripe in the United States to make profits by exaggerating and fabricating his qualifications.

First of all, Reza Aslan has continuously presented himself as a professor of religion. This is done in an attempt to sell his few books, which lack academic and credible references. In one of his recent interviews, Aslan claims, “I am a scholar of religions with four degrees including one in the New Testament . . . I am an expert with a Ph.D. in the history of religions . . . I am a professor of religions, including the New Testament – that’s what I do for a living, actually . . . To be clear, I want to emphasize one more time, I am a historian, I am a Ph.D. in the history of religions.” Aslan also recently said on Twitter, “I have a BA, MA and PhD in the history of Western Religions so yes, again, I am an ACTUAL expert in Judaism.”

In actuality, Reza Aslan is not a “professor of religion,” and what he claims he does “for a living” is an outrageous inaccuracy. Reza Aslan is an associate professor in the Creative Writing program at the University of California, Riverside. He teaches there based on his Master of Fine Arts degree in fiction from Iowa, his relevant academic credential.

The Lies and Misrepresentations of Reza Aslan | FrontPage Magazine

Last edited:
Anti-Zionism Arrives, in Disguise, at Indiana U.

October 1, 2013 By Edward Alexander

anti-semitism-450x304.jpg

A Panglossian sociologist writing in the Chronicle of Higher Education assured readers that “calls to destroy Israel, or to throw it into the Mediterranean Sea…are not evidence of hatred of Jews,” but merely “reflect a quarrel with the State of Israel.”

When questions were raised in November 2003 about the indecency of Harvard and Columbia honoring and playing host to Oxford poetaster Tom Paulin after he had urged that Jews living in Judea/Samaria “should be shot dead” and announced that he “never believed that Israel had the right to exist at all,” his apologists in Cambridge and Morningside Heights defended his right “to criticize Israeli policy.”

The learned Swedish Chancellor of Justice (Goran Lambertz) in 2006 ruled that repeated calls from the Grand Mosque of Stockholm to “kill the Jews” by dispatching suicide bombers to Israel were not unlawful racial incitement to murder. Rather, ruled this Swedish Solomon, they

should be judged differently and therefore be regarded as permissible because, although highly critical of the Jews, they were used by one side in an ongoing…conflict where calls to arms and insults are part of the everyday climate in the rhetoric that surrounds it.

Anti-Zionism Arrives, in Disguise, at Indiana U. | FrontPage Magazine

The Brotherhood on Campus: Your Tax Dollars at Work

October 30, 2013 By Ryan Mauro

va-shenandoah-450x337.jpg

The National Endowment for the Humanities says it “strengthens our republic by promoting excellence in the humanities.” Apparently, the federal agency believes that funding student outreach by the International Institute of Islamic Thought (IIIT), a U.S. Muslim Brotherhood entity, fits this description.

On October 24, IIIT held an outreach event at Shenandoah University in Winchester, VA with the school’s Muslim Students Association, another group founded by the Muslim Brotherhood.

The IIIT summary states that the program “is offered in cooperation with the National Endowment for the Humanities” and the event is supported by Student Life’s Intercultural Programs, the College of Arts and Sciences and the Alson H. Smith Jr. Library.

The FBI had informants inside the U.S. Muslim Brotherhood network that warned about IIIT’s plan to “institute the Islamic Revolution in the United States” as far back as 1988. A declassified FBI document shows that a spy recalled the leadership “stated that the Muslims in the United States have to be prepared for martyrdom.”

The spy said that IIIT was currently focused on “peacefully get[ting] inside the United States government and also American universities.” Therefore, in this case, IIIT is using a taxpayer-funded federal agency to pursue the objective it has pursued for decades.

A 1991 U.S. Muslim Brotherhood memo, later seized by the authorities, substantiated the FBI informant’s reporting. The secret document listed IIIT as one of the Brotherhood’s secret fronts as part of its “work in America as a kind of grand jihad in eliminating and destroying the Western civilization from within.”

Readers are encouraged to send this article and the Clarion Project’s full profile of IIIT to Shenandoah University. The listed contact for the event is Dean Cal Allen ([email protected]). The school can also be contacted at [email protected] and 540-665-4500.

The National Endowment for the Humanities can be contacted at [email protected] and 202-606-8400. You can also write the agency at 1100 Pennsylvania Ave, NW, Washington, D.C., 20506.

Every cent given to a Muslim Brotherhood-linked organization is a cent wasted. American taxpayers need to make their voices heard.

The Brotherhood on Campus: Your Tax Dollars at Work | FrontPage Magazine

Palestinian Nazis

December 3, 2013
by Ari Soffer

pn.jpg

Just over a week since an American university severed ties with the Hamas-linked Al-Quds University in Jerusalem, after pictures emerged showing a Nazi-style on-campus rally by Islamic Jihad in November, further evidence of fascist-style events at the flagship Palestinian Arab institution has emerged.

Video footage, posted by MEMRI (the Middle East Media Research Institute), shows clips from two separate rallies at Al-Quds University, in which Islamic Jihad members, cheered on by other students, take part in a live performance at which they brandish imitation assault rifles and black Islamist flags, and give Nazi salutes.

Palestinian Nazis | FrontPage Magazine

---> Amin Al Husseini: Nazi Father of Jihad, Al Qaeda, Arafat, Saddam Hussein and the Muslim Brotherhood - Tell The Children The Truth - Homepage

Georgetown’s Interfaith Sham

December 2, 2013 by Ryan Mauro

Natana-J.-DeLong-Bas.jpg

Georgetown University’s Saudi-funded interfaith center is in hot water. A speaking engagement with an Egyptian Nazi was cancelled but Islamists need not worry: Muslim Brotherhood supporters and 9/11 Truthers are still welcome, as is a senior Obama Administration official allied with the U.S. Muslim Brotherhood.

The Prince Alwaleed bin Talal Center for Muslim-Christian Understanding is led by Dr. John Esposito, arguably the strongest non-Muslim defender of the U.S. Muslim Brotherhood network. It receives significant Saudi funding, such as a $20 million donation in 2005.

On November 21, it held its 20th annual conference themed, “Muslim-Christian Relations in the 21st Century: Challenges and Opportunities.” The chairman of the first panel was Natana DeLong-Bas, a known 9/11 Truther.

She said in 2006, “I do not find any evidence that would make me agree that Osama Bin Laden was behind the attack on the Twin Towers of the World Trade Center.” She is also a defender of Wahhabism, one of the most tyrannical practices of Islam, and disagrees that it bears responsibility for inspiring the 9/11 attacks.

DeLong-Bas also says that the Hamas terrorist group is a better promoter of democracy and human rights in the Middle East than the U.S. government. She says American efforts do “not rise to the level of what Hamas has achieved,” complimenting their work in health care and education.

The recent reporting on Georgetown University’s Prince Alwaleed bin Talal Center for Muslim-Christian Understanding shows that the Muslim Brotherhood never quit its plan to influence American academia.

Georgetown?s Interfaith Sham | FrontPage Magazine

American Studies and Israel-Hatred

December 26, 2013 by Bruce Bawer

Jews_israel_nazi-300x193.jpg

Today, alas, American Studies has devolved into yet another of those academic “studies” – Cultural Studies, Queer Studies, and so on – that exist for no other purpose than to brainwash naïve, ill-educated students into embracing far-left ideology and hating their country. Accordingly, the emphasis isn’t on America’s accomplishments but its purported offenses. For these folks, the West is synonymous with colonialism, imperialism, and capitalism – all of which they view as thoroughly abhorrent phenomena – and America is the very Ground Zero of evil, the heart of the West’s darkness. (Meanwhile other civilizations are viewed as the West’s innately benign, guiltless victims, whose offenses are justified as understandable consequences of, or legitimate reactions to, Western exploitation and oppression.)

As Chayfitz’s apologia inadvertently underscores, the question he and his comrades in arms aren’t willing to face up to is this: if you’re going to boycott Israeli universities as a way of pressuring Israel to give up “colonialism,” why not boycott American universities until America gives itself back to the Indians? Why target a mere outpost of the evil West and not the West’s red hot center? This question is especially interesting when one considers that the European “imperialists” who made possible the founding of Purdue, Cornell, and other such institutions had no historical claim whatsoever to the North American continent, whereas the Jewish “imperialists” who founded Israel were, as it happens, the heirs of people who had lived in that very place thousands of years ago. And the only answer to the question, of course, is that if the buffoons for the ASA acted consciously upon what they claim to be their own principles, they’d be obliged to boycott their own employers, and quit their own jobs. But that ain’t happening, because the ASA’s action has nothing to do with principle or conscience, and everything to do with a cynical, self-serving devotion to a reality-challenged ideological party line – that, and raw bigotry.

American Studies and Israel-Hatred | FrontPage Magazine

Muslims, Our Natural Allies?

February 6, 2014 by Robert Spencer

er.jpg

World Hijab Day was February 1, and Princeton Professor Robert P. George marked the occasion by publishing a piece in the Catholic journal First Things entitled “Muslims, Our Natural Allies.” He included in his article a video in which a World Hijab Day organizer stoutly defended her right to cover her hair; George proclaimed: “I stand with the young woman in the above video in defense of modesty, chastity, and piety.” Michael Potemra at National Review led the cheering: “Let’s take a moment to praise the intellectual fearlessness of NR’s friend Robby George.”

Modesty is a virtue only when it is freely adopted, not enforced by threats. Yet George takes no notice of the fact that many Muslim women don the hijab not out of modesty, but out of fear. The woman in his featured video defends her freedom to wear the hijab, but it is far more likely that women will be victimized for not wearing it than for wearing it. Aqsa Parvez’s Muslim father choked her to death with her hijab after she refused to wear it. Amina Muse Ali was a Christian woman in Somalia whom Muslims murdered because she wasn’t wearing a hijab. Forty women were murdered in Iraq in 2007 for not wearing the hijab.

Will Robert George and Michael Potemra pause to say a few words in memory of Aqsa, Amina, and the forty Iraqi women? Will they honor the memory of Amira, an Egyptian girl who committed suicide after being brutalized for her family for refusing to wear the hijab? Will they defend the freedom of Alya Al-Safar, whose Muslim cousin threatened to kill her and harm her family because she stopped wearing the hijab in Britain; and of Amira Osman Hamid, who faces whipping in Sudan for refusing to wear the hijab; and of the Muslim and non-Muslim teachers at the Islamic College of South Australia who were told that they had to wear the hijab or be fired; and of the women in Chechnya whom police shot with paintballs because they weren’t wearing hijab; and of the women also in Chechnya who were threatened by men with automatic rifles for not wearing hijab; and of the elementary school teachers in Tunisia who were threatened with death for not wearing hijab; and of the Syrian schoolgirls who were forbidden to go to school unless they wore hijab; and of the women in Gaza whom Hamas has forced to wear hijab; and of the women in Iran who protested against the regime by daring to take off their legally-required hijab; and of the women in London whom Muslim thugs threatened to murder if they didn’t wear hijab; and of the anonymous young Muslim woman who doffed her hijab outside her home and started living a double life in fear of her parents, and all the other women and girls who have been killed or threatened, or who live in fear for daring not to wear the hijab?

Qaradawi even said last year: “If they had gotten rid of the apostasy punishment, Islam wouldn’t exist today.” The persecutions of apostates from Islam (including, but by no means limited to, Mohammed Hegazy in Egypt, Youcef Nadarkhani in Iran, and Said Musa and Abdul Rahman in Afghanistan) demonstrates that for all too many Muslim authorities, there is no religious liberty in Islam. In working for religious liberty, Asma Uddin would be putting her life in jeopardy in many Muslim countries.

Then there’s Omar Ahmad, CAIR’s co-founder and longtime Board Chairman, who told a Muslim crowd in California in 1998 that “Islam isn’t in America to be equal to any other faith, but to become dominant. The Koran…should be the highest authority in America, and Islam the only accepted religion on Earth.”

Resistance to jihad terror and Islamic supremacism is now almost universally reviled as “hate,” with the George/Potemra approach considered to be the broad-minded, open-hearted alternative. But it is not “hate” to stand for justice even when the perpetrators of injustice are Muslims acting in the name of Islam. It is not “bigotry” to notice that Islamic jihadists are in virtually every case devoted adherents of Islam and indefatigable Qur’an-quoters, and to call upon peaceful Muslims to work against their influence within Muslim communities. It is not “racism” to stand against an ideology and societal model against which millions of Egyptians demonstrated last summer, not wanting to live under a system that institutionalizes oppression of women and non-Muslims and destroys the freedom of speech any more than non-Muslims do.

In fact, those who are truly heeding the “better angels of our nature” are standing up fearlessly against Sharia injustice and violence incited by the Qur’an, even despite the pressure from Robert George and Michael Potemra to join the herd of those who wink at these injustices in the interests of a spurious and ultimately self-defeating “natural alliance.”

Muslims, Our Natural Allies? | FrontPage Magazine

Stealth Islamic Propaganda Shown to Six Million American Students

5/25/12 By Larissa Scott

On May 16 and 17 of 2012, Channel One Network, a national distributor of educational videos and newscasts viewed daily by over 8,000 middle and high schools, aired a two-part video series, titled "Young and Muslim in America" and "Islam in America."

In "Young and Muslim in America: How being a part of Islam changed ten years ago, Part 1," students watch as Muhtasham Sifaat, 18, kneels on a prayer rug inside an empty classroom. His voiceover explains how he moved around a lot when he was younger, but Islam has given him stability. What is not revealed is that Mr. Sifaat is a political activist serving as a chapter president of the Muslim Students Association (MSA), one of the most radical Muslim Brotherhood front groups in America.

Articles: Stealth Islamic Propaganda Shown to Six Million American Students

Funny about that.
Why am I not surprised.

The Agony of Moral Defeat

March 7, 2014 by Richard L. Cravatts

Perhaps when literary critic C.S. Lewis despaired of “omnipotent moral busybodies . . . who torment us for our own good,” he was speaking about those well-meaning, but naïve college students who “torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.” Lewis’s observation seemed to have been given credence in the past weeks by the very public, tendentious rants of two coeds, one at Harvard University and one at UCLA, as they railed against a world in which their dreams of social justice for the oppressed and weak was not being realized, despite their best efforts.

In the first instance, in an op-ed in the Harvard Crimson entitled “The Doctrine of Academic Freedom,” Sandra Y.L. Korn, majoring at Harvard, tellingly, in the history of science and studies of women, gender and sexuality, decided that academic freedom was undeserved by those who hold beliefs different than hers and her fellow “moral busybodies”— those who have decided what is moral, what is right, and what is acceptable speech and behavior on Harvard’s campus and in the world beyond. “Why should we put up with research that counters our goals simply in the name of ‘academic freedom?’,” she asked, seemingly without embarrassment. Academic freedom, she contended, should be put in check so that unwelcomed viewpoints can be suppressed. As an alternative virtue, she suggested “a more rigorous standard: one of ‘academic justice.’”

The Agony of Moral Defeat | FrontPage Magazine

Forum List

Back