American Sniper

Not surprisingly, we continue to glorify war and violence in the name of country while hypocritically condemning it when it's being done against us. We made a movie about a sniper who killed scores of people, gave him medals for killing well, and mourned his murder. Yet when a foreign combatant kills one our guys we condemn that but not when our guys do it to their's. Perfectly udnerstandable of course, but at the same time perfectly hypocritical.

Did you even see the movie?

I saw no glorification of war at all, unless you think that showing the terrible damage that these soldiers and the citizens endured.

Good god, that movie sure as hell showed the mental, phyisical and emotional damage all endure(d)

A recruiting tool it is not

Our country has attacked Canada more times than Iraq has attacked the US. Our country has engaged in human rights violations on a scale Saddam could not even imagine, and it's used chemical weapons on innocent human beings from Korea to Kandahar. American Sniper is just the latest attempt to whitewash a history based on genocide and slavery: blood on the leaf; blood at the root.

Holy Cow - I didn't know we had a college jr. professor...obviously must be

Not surprisingly, we continue to glorify war and violence in the name of country while hypocritically condemning it when it's being done against us. We made a movie about a sniper who killed scores of people, gave him medals for killing well, and mourned his murder. Yet when a foreign combatant kills one our guys we condemn that but not when our guys do it to their's. Perfectly udnerstandable of course, but at the same time perfectly hypocritical.

The only thing you know about Combat is you never experienced it. The only place your dumb statements make sense is in your delusional world. If you are enjoying your freedom thank a Combat Veteran. There is no glory in War. You fight the enemy and hope to live through it.

The only thing you know about Combat is you never experienced it. The only place your dumb statements make sense is in your delusional world. If you are enjoying your freedom thank a Combat Veteran. There is no glory in War. You fight the enemy and hope to live through it.

Never claimed I did. While I served in the US Navy, I never saw combat no.

But trying to claim you're a flag-waving patriot while blindly supporting the current misuse of the military by our corrupt government is oxymoronic. A true patriot calls a spade a spade.

Forum List

Back