American Slavery ..Why should Whites feel guilty?

Lumpy 1

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2009
Why should modern day white people feel any sort of guilt over past slavery in America.. just wondering..?

I never have really understand who is telling you to feel guilty? Yeah, there might be a small movement for them to be compensated but it is not talked about much.
Do black people tell you that you should feel guilty about it quite a bit?

I never have really understand who is telling you to feel guilty? Yeah, there might be a small movement for them to be compensated but it is not talked about much.
a little bit out of touch aren't you !!! it's all whites hear from blacks and lefty guilt ridden chicken shits !!

Last edited:

No not really but It seems to be a recurring theme brought up by certain members on the USMB and media sources in the general public.

I figured it was worth an exploratory OP.

Is there a problem with that?

a little bit out of touch aren't you !!! it's all whites here from blacks and lefty guilt ridden chicken shits !!

huh?

No not really but It seems to be a recurring theme brought up by certain members on the USMB and media sources in the general public.

I figured it was worth an exploratory OP.

Is there a problem with that?

Show me where this is recurring?

I want to see where anyone at USMB or the National Media asks you to feel guilty for slavery on a regular basis. Or any other white person....

If we want to celebrate Martin Luther King Jr day you say it us making you feel guilty... Talking about what happened and celebrating someone's life etc is not telling you to feel guilty about it.
Asking you to acknowledge that racism still exists, is also not telling you to feel guilty about it.

I should think the whole idea is just a boogey man issue.
Over dramatization of sorts.

I believe you are creating the drama, imaginary scenarios of your own mind and passing judgements .

It's a rather straight forward question... sheesh

I kinda wanted a rational discussion on the topic... why don't you try that..:dunno:

I believe you are creating the drama, imaginary scenarios of your own mind and passing judgements .

I kinda wanted a rational discussion on the topic... why don't you try that..:dunno:
blacks like to falsely claim Egyptian descent sooo should they feel guilty for enslaving Jews ???

blacks like to falsely claim Egyptian descent sooo should they feel guilty for enslaving Jews ???
Awesome ! Black = anti-Semitic.:eusa_boohoo:

Awesome ! Black = anti-Semitic.:eusa_boohoo:
:clap2::clap2::badgrin::badgrin: i may be anti black but anti Semitic i am not !!

I'd have to read up some more on that one specifically but it seems slavery has been around from the beginning of recorded history for every race and still persists to this day..

I'd have to read up some more on that one specifically but it seems slavery has been around from the beginning of recorded history for every race and still persists to this day..
very true especially in black muslim countries !!

very true especially in black muslim countries !!

Wow.. I was kinda shocked by your statement, so I did some checking around..

I Googled ..slavery in muslim countries..and ..slavery in black muslim countries..

interesting results.. from a quick and incomplete study, I suspect you may be right...

Strangely though .. I don't necessarily like that you may be right....mmm

Why should modern day white people feel any sort of guilt over past slavery in America.. just wondering..?

Who feels guilty about it?

Nobody I know.

And most of my chums are what you might call liberal extremists.

Do YOU feel guilty about it?

Guilty? No.

Add parity to the system to right a wrong? Absolutely.

Even the most mild efforts at this draws wild scorn from conservatives.

Guilty? No.

Add parity to the system to right a wrong? Absolutely.

Even the most mild efforts at this draws wild scorn from conservatives.

How does one right a wrong in 2012, for something that ended over 150 years ago?

Living in Virginia for a time, I continually heard " my great-great-great grandma was a slave, so I am owed something." People who think this way have anger issues passed down from their family that they need to deal with, along with the chip on their shoulder. That's the guilt card that's trying to be played.

When I found the church which my 'Mother' church hooked me up with in VA, after the first service the paster's wife came to me and told me the church had been praying for people of 'color'. We were those people and we come in many colors including white.

I don't and never have owned a slave so why should I feel guilty. Blacks living today have never been slaves so why should they complain about it? How many of white American families living today were here during slave times? My family came through Ellis Island in 1901 and well after slavery was abolished so why should I take the blame? Guilt by skin color? That's racist.

a little bit out of touch aren't you !!! it's all whites hear from blacks and lefty guilt ridden chicken shits !!

No it's not, you paranoid, cowardly racist douche.

Forum List

Back