American servicemember reportedly shoots, kills Afghan civilians ...

I know loyal Obama supporters wont like to hear this, but i think our Soldiers no longer have any faith in their Commander in Chief. His constant apologies really have worn them down. I'm not surprised at all that this happened. Time to bring em all home.

You know this from your experience serving in the military under what president?

That kid serving. :lol:

The truth is, many of our Soldiers feel completely abandoned by their Commander in Chief. His constant apologizing really has taken its toll on them. They watch six of their fellow Soldiers get slaughtered for nothing, meanwhile their Commander in Chief goes on apologizing. They see it as a No-Win situation now. Their own Commander in Chief doesn't even have their backs at this point. It's a real cluster fuck over there. Time to bring our kids home. That's the only logical solution.

The truth is, many of our Soldiers feel completely abandoned by their Commander in Chief. His constant apologizing really has taken its toll on them. They watch six of their fellow Soldiers get slaughtered for nothing, meanwhile their Commander in Chief goes on apologizing. They see it as a No-Win situation now. Their own Commander in Chief doesn't even have their backs at this point. It's a real cluster fuck over there. Time to bring our kids home. That's the only logical solution.

And you know tbis from you're serving in the military when? Missed your answer before.

Why the fuck are we still there?

Where the fuck is Code Pink?

Obama is a war-mongering statist piece of crap.

Osama is dead, why are we not out yet so that this shit doesn't happen?

They snap and kill American soilders,What do the Afgans do when there soilders Snap? We were trying to help them,we need to get out of that shit hole once and for all...........:cuckoo::cuckoo:

(Reuters) - One or more U.S. soldiers shot dead 16 civilians, including nine children according to Afghan officials, in Afghanistan's south on Sunday in what witnesses described as a massacre.

NATO said they had detained one U.S. soldier in the killings. U.S. officials said the soldier was a staff sergeant.

The incident, one of the worst of its kind since the U.S.-led invasion of Afghanistan in 2001, quickly inflamed the severely strained relations between Washington and Kabul.

The U.S. Embassy in Kabul said anti-U.S. reprisals were possible following the killings, which come weeks after U.S. soldiers burned copies of the Koran at a NATO base, triggering widespread anti-Western protests in which at least 30 people died.

Neighbors and relatives of the dead said they had seen a group of U.S. soldiers arrive at their village in Kandahar's Panjwayi district at about 2 a.m., enter homes and open fire.

A senior U.S. defense official in Washington rejected witness accounts that several apparently drunk soldiers were involved. "Based on the preliminary information we have this account is flatly wrong," the official said. "We believe one U.S. service member acted alone, not a group of U.S. soldiers."

An Afghan man who said his children were killed in the shooting spree accused soldiers of later burning the bodies.

Sixteen Afghan civilians killed in U.S. shooting spree | Reuters

A spokesman for NATO's International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) said the U.S. soldier "walked back to the base and turned himself into U.S. Forces this morning", adding there had been no military operations taking place in the area when the incident occurred.

Panjwayi district is about 35 km (22 miles) west of the provincial capital Kandahar city. The district is considered the spiritual home of the Taliban and has been a hive of insurgent activity in recent years.

"I saw that all 11 of my relatives were killed, including my children and grandchildren," said a weeping Haji Samad, who said he had left his home a day earlier.

BLOOD-SPATTERED WALLS

The walls of the house were blood-splattered.

"They (Americans) poured chemicals over their dead bodies and burned them," Samad told Reuters at the scene.

Neighbors said they had awoken to crackling gunfire from American soldiers, who they described as laughing and drunk.

"They were all drunk and shooting all over the place," said neighbor Agha Lala, who visited one of the homes where killings took place.

"Their (the victims') bodies were riddled with bullets."

A senior U.S. defense official said Defense Secretary Leon Panetta "was deeply saddened to hear last night of this incident and is closely monitoring reports out of Afghanistan."

Sixteen Afghan civilians killed in U.S. shooting spree | Reuters

Forum List

Back