American servicemember reportedly shoots, kills Afghan civilians ...

I have a major problem with article.....I am going to bookmark this and if this isn't so ala drunk laughing "soldiers" as opposed to one, and whats with the "western forces" btw? . Reuters needs to fold their tent,...this sounds like they just took eye witness accounts and published them as headlines...neither the BBC or CNN have references to drunk soldeirS...

By Ahmad Nadem

KANDAHAR, Afghanistan | Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:38am EDT

KANDAHAR, Afghanistan (Reuters) - Western forces shot dead 16 civilians including nine children in southern Kandahar province on Sunday, Afghan officials said, in a rampage that witnesses said was carried out by American soldiers who were laughing and appeared drunk.

Western forces kill 16 civilians in Afghanistan: Kabul government | Reuters
Trajan, the article IS the problem; all other sources, and Karzai report ONE soldier, possibly having a nervous breakdown, yet the Afghani source reports "SOLDIERS".

Might wanna get the whole story before you rush to judgement. Could be mental/psychological issues here. Too many deployments, too much stress, not saying that's the case here but it used to be we reserved judgement until we at least knew what happened.

I did post if the military finds him guilty.

Scuttlebutt is that a SpecOps guy had a nervous breakdown.... and sick freaks like blu sit around on their asses playing keyboard warriors.

Might wanna get the whole story before you rush to judgement. Could be mental/psychological issues here. Too many deployments, too much stress, not saying that's the case here but it used to be we reserved judgement until we at least knew what happened.

I did post if the military finds him guilty.

So you did, I wasn't aiming at you or anyone else in particular.

"Get the whole story before you rush to judgment"; best advice to all.

I have a major problem with article.....I am going to bookmark this and if this isn't so ala drunk laughing "soldiers" as opposed to one, and whats with the "western forces" btw? . Reuters needs to fold their tent,...this sounds like they just took eye witness accounts and published them as headlines...neither the BBC or CNN have references to drunk soldeirS...

By Ahmad Nadem

KANDAHAR, Afghanistan | Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:38am EDT

KANDAHAR, Afghanistan (Reuters) - Western forces shot dead 16 civilians including nine children in southern Kandahar province on Sunday, Afghan officials said, in a rampage that witnesses said was carried out by American soldiers who were laughing and appeared drunk.

Western forces kill 16 civilians in Afghanistan: Kabul government | Reuters
It is Reuters reporting what an Afghani paper is reporting; beyond bad, nearing a crisis. Afghanis killed US troops for the burning of the Koran. This may be much, much worse, to put it mildly.

and reuters should employ more scrutiny, the immediate headlines even if later proven false, as we have seen several times after lives are lost, don't matter much as the damage is done.

Whats worse is, I looked up this Ahmad Nadem hes as stringer for Rueters working for the pajhwok afghan news....so that means that the story is also going out in the aghan natives languages.....so, what do you think will a greater degree of uproar and angst; 'US soldier snaps, kills 16 afghans'...or ' Laughing Drunk US soldiers kill 16 Afghans....? And they need to broadcast it to in the West?

They won't care if later its a lone soldier gone nuts, they will have a narrative the taliban will love and use to full effect.

One soldier snapped, most likely as a result of having the US regime do nothing about the wanton murders of soldiers in Afghanistan and justifying those killings.

If the military finds him guilty he should be turned over to the Afghans for punishment.
Or do we not respect their sovernty as a nation with an elected government?

No.
I agree Geaux, HELL NO. No "turnover" to Afghani authorities.

So other countries should not turn over people who commit crimes against the USA to us either?

Remember now this is IF WE find them guilty first.
If they are guilty of this why should we protect them?
Our servicement need to realize that if they do such things that they are on their own.

Last edited:
Scuttlebutt is that a SpecOps guy had a nervous breakdown.... and sick freaks like blu sit around on their asses playing keyboard warriors.

Nevermind our fighting men have to watch the Commander in Chief grobbling for forgiveness all the time.

Im sure that weighs on their minds alot... it would me.

I agree Geaux, HELL NO. No "turnover" to Afghani authorities.

So other countries should not turn over people who commit crimes against the USA to us either?

Remember now this is IF WE find them guilty first.
If they are guilty of this why should we protect them?
Our servicement need to realize that if they do such things that they are on their own.
Afghanistan is not yet a stable nation; Karzai says one thing, the news sources report another, more heinous version of the story. WHICH authorities should US troops be "turned over" to?

Forum List

Back