American road trip

If you're driving there is one thing you will definitely notice and soon you might start wondering if you're actually left the last place you were at. The restaurant rows, just off the highways all have many of the same chains in them so they all start to look alike.

When you're done at the Grand Canyon head north east to the four corners where Colorado, Utah, New Mexico and Arizona meet then head a little further north east to Mesa Verde National Park.

Mesa-Verde-National-Park-Cliff-Palace-2.jpg

Nearby Is Durango where you can take the Durango to Silverton train ride.

Durango_and_Silverton_Narrow_Gauge_Railroad_Train_1.jpg

Home | Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad Train

My family and I are flying over from Ireland at the end of March for a three week road trip. We would like to hear from people about attractions that we should see, good eating places
(especially local places for breakfast), and interesting places to stay.

Our route is;

Nashville-Memphis-New Orleans-Louisiana-San Antonio-El Paso-Tombstone-Tucson-Grand Canyon-Utah-Yellowstone-Vegas-Yosemite-San Francisco-Los Angeles

We would appreciate any suggestions. Thank You.

If you want to eat, just hole up for your 3 weeks in New Orleans.

My family and I are flying over from Ireland at the end of March for a three week road trip. We would like to hear from people about attractions that we should see, good eating places

Our route is;

Nashville-Memphis-New Orleans-Louisiana-San Antonio-El Paso-Tombstone-Tucson-Grand Canyon-Utah-Yellowstone-Vegas-Yosemite-San Francisco-Los Angeles

If you want to eat, just hole up for your 3 weeks in New Orleans.

The food in New Orleans is great, but you can find good food throughout the southwest. We are looking forward to Chef Roy's in Louisiana, which was our favorite restaurant on our last road trip 15 years ago.

Our route is;

You're coming from Ireland and you're not going to see Boston?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkzGqzRLq4g]HD Dinah Shore "See the U.S.A. in Your Chevrolet" from "Dinah Shore Chevy Show" (1956-1963) - YouTube[/ame]

Our route is;

You're coming from Ireland and you're not going to see Boston?

Nope. My Irish wife does not like Boston, too much like being in Dublin.

There's more to Boston (and the history of the Irish in Boston) than running guns to the IRA in the 80s and early 90s.

Forum List

Back