American Revolution Started with a Piece of Paper Signed by 1%ers

They could have easily paid the higher taxes.
But instead they put their necks in the noose and declared to the government it was corrupt and had lost touch with THE PEOPLE.

That's because we do not have a representative government. We have corporate officers that do the bidding of the owners of USA.INC. All of this happened in such small steps that very few noticed and with the intentional "dumbing down" of the people? It didn't have much opposition to it and those that did notice it were marginalized, demonized and called "kooks"....but here we are. If people only knew the things I do (because of the research and reading I have done) there would be a march on D.C with pitchforks and torches and they would start hanging some of these traitors from lamp posts.

But instead they put their necks in the noose and declared to the government it was corrupt and had lost touch with THE PEOPLE.
HIGHER taxes ??

They weren't paying ANY taxes at all.

The American Revolution was merely a tax revolt against a King who was trying to pay for the cost of defending the American colonists against the French and the Indians.

That's because we do not have a representative government. We have corporate officers that do the bidding of the owners of USA.INC. All of this happened in such small steps that very few noticed and with the intentional "dumbing down" of the people? It didn't have much opposition to it and those that did notice it were marginalized, demonized and called "kooks"....but here we are. If people only knew the things I do (because of the research and reading I have done) there would be a march on D.C with pitchforks and torches and they would start hanging some of these traitors from lamp posts.
Sounds like you believed all the bullsh!t and brainwashing of your elementary, middle, and high school education.

Jeeze.

Some people will believe anything if you drill it into them enough.

HIGHER taxes ??

The American Revolution was merely a tax revolt against a King who was trying to pay for the cost of defending the American colonists against the French and the Indians.
Maybe not taxes so much as fees, dues, and rents - assessments incidental to the regulation of transoceanic trade, but assessments nonetheless.

The Americans were begrudging British allies in the war; they were not the ones who mismanaged their economy and tried to get someone else to pay their war debts.

The OP is correct: the Crown attempted to further burden the Americans. As negligible as the Intolerable Acts may have imposed on them by today's Progressive, welfare measures, the British Court, at any rate, did not sympathize with "the people."

Dear Weather-person: Before posting something so ignorant, you could at least read the fucking Declaration of Independence. It is "Independence Day," after all.

Then check back with us.

Yes, the Declaration was signed by people who owned property, and had money income and other capital assets. Do you have a problem with that? Please elaborate.

Sounds like you believed all the bullsh!t and brainwashing of your elementary, middle, and high school education.

Jeeze.

Some people will believe anything if you drill it into them enough.

Actually our public school system didn't teach the real history of this country. I know it and you don't.

HIGHER taxes ??

Your ignorance is what I talk about so much.
They bought tea, paper and goods. They paid higher taxes.

Um, no.

Historical ignorance is as widespread a problem as illiteracy and innumeracy.

The "stamp act" was an attempt by King George to have the Colonists pay for England's adventures through the world including the never ending war with France, Germany and Spain. The Declaration of Independence wasn't just a piece of paper. It was a statement that changed the world. Tyrannical monarchies existed for a thousand years but the world changed forever when the American Colonists declared that "people are endowed by their Creator (not the king) with certain rights". It's a damn shame that the liberal democrats have managed to keep generations of kids ignorant of what this great Country created.

Perhaps it was the vote of the Continental Congress on July 2nd that declared our independence. On July fourth the same Congress voted to accept Jefferson's
written Declaration of independence two days after their vote. The Congress did a lot of rewriting on Jefferson's work.

Forum List

Back