American problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Ralph Wiggums
I fail to see what this person did to get banned. I did not find any offensive language, at least no more than what is being directed at him by the mob. There did not seem to be any personal attacks, or what the RULES section has listed. In fact from what I've read here, he was merely defending his positions much the same as most here have the right (I guess it's more of a privilege depending on what party you're aligned with). The responses to his banning actually break the RULES more than anything I have seen from this J fellow. It appears that when the moderator jumps into the fray, or in this case starts it, there is little chance for a true discussion. That apparently is the green light to drop all decorum and even trivial attempts at meaningful dialogue. You say this persons mind is made up so there is no point in trying to communicate? With the responses here, I can see why that thought pattern is prevalent. Since you have banned him, and he cannot get a word in edgewise, I feel it has to be up to someone other than those who have jumped on the J-bashing wagon to re-discuss the rhetoric of the so called enlightened people here. Bravo. You all are very well versed in one-sided dialogue. Of course even when he was able to post, that again was the prevalent pattern.

Apparently discourse is only an ideal that can be acheived by people willing to learn more about opposing viewpoints.

Bottom line, you have absolutely no say in what goes on around here. You did not read any of the several posts I had to remove. You aren't owed any type of explanation. How about you just mind your own business? If you have a problem with the way the board is ran, send me a PM. If that's too much to ask, feel free to take a hike - you won't be missed.

14 posts on the board and I guess he feels he has earned the right to tell us how to run the board.

You state in your post that I started what happened here. I suggest you read the thread again and get your facts straight.

He was a troublemaker that took the time to throw names at each and every person who posted in this thread. He was solely here to start trouble. Not one single rule was broken by any other members as you have implied.

Originally posted by Ralph Wiggums
Missed that one. Sorry. That was not right to say obviously. I have seen as bad posted here before, without the same repercussions. I have seen this type of thing at other boards, and it is always a sad day when someone is banned for something others aren't. There should only be one standard. If the mods feel like picking and choosing who they are going to ban, then that policy should be posted upfront. It is usually no point in even staying when this type of discrimination is tolerated. Of course most people here are in the majority view of this mod, so they obviously don't need to care about that as an issue, and that is the real tragedy.

It is a big net, so maybe I will see some of you that are not fettered by poltical one-sidedness, out there.

This guy didn't get banned because of his political views or affiliations, he got banned because he was on the attack from the get go. I mean when you bring somebodys dauhter into it thats reason enough right there. Jimmy doesn't ban people I believe for their political views but rather their "style" of debate. Heck if he did really ban liberals, anti-U.S. and just plain fringe posters there would be a whole lot of people missing from here. This guy bottom line wasn't interested in debating with Americans as we are all stupid sheep to him, he just wanted to piss on us today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back