American Presidents, and Israel

A little more detail fleshing out your thesis, please.
It's from the first farewell address.

quote-the-nation-which-indulges-towards-another-an-habitual-hatred-or-an-habitual-fondness-is-in-some-george-washington-311591.jpg

Passionate-attachment.png

Usually it is only the wise that learn from history and their fathers.

For clarity....your position is that the United States encourage the seventh century savages be encouraged to develop a nuclear bomb, their major ballistic missile program not be covered by the proposed treaty, and if it means the destruction of Israel....so be it?

Yes or no?

I don't know what "seventh century savages" you are talking about.

1. Two questions I've asked that you have dodged.

a. .... if LBJ is a traitor with respect to the Liberty incident, what do you surmise would be the correct term for Obama in the light of Iran's hand in the US Embassy Hostages, the Beirut bombing and Khobar towers attack, and his efforts to give them a nuclear weapon?

b. For clarity....your position is that the United States encourage the seventh century savages be encouraged to develop a nuclear bomb, their major ballistic missile program not be covered by the proposed treaty, and if it means the destruction of Israel....so be it?

2. "First off, your characterization of the Iranian revolution shows a lack of knowledge of how the US and the west has manipulated internal Iranian politics."
I haven't 'characterized' the Iranian revolution, but would be happy to compare my knowledge of same with yours.

3. "I don't know what "seventh century savages" you are talking about."
You've gone from disingenuous to totally liar.
I never lie, I'm only well read and immune to propaganda.
The revolution is over
After decades of messianic fervour, Iran is becoming a more mature and modern country, says Oliver August
The revolution is over The Economist

“The government tries to put up controls, but people are well versed in evading them,” says one of Iran’s first bloggers. A lot of effort has gone into trying to mimic China’s strategy of nurturing local websites that can be controlled, such as salam.ir, a search engine. But most of these have failed spectacularly because access to superior foreign competitors is easy. So-called VPNtrepreneurs sell the software and access codes to bypass controls. A 21-year-old wearing cordless headphones says he charges a dollar a month or $10 a year and has 80,000 clients. His day job at an IT company is a cover. Occasionally he pays the cyber-police a few hundred dollars in bribes.

The hunger for free information is fuelled by rising education levels, which are now comparable to those in Western countries. In 2009, 34% of Iranians in the relevant age group went to university. Three years later the number had gone up to 55% and is said to have climbed further since then, mostly thanks to the huge expansion of Azad University, which now has over 100 campuses and 1.5m students. Iran’s cabinet has more members with PhDs from American universities than that of America itself; the president, Hassan Rohani, got his in Scotland. According to SCImago, a Spanish firm that monitors academic journals, Iran’s scientific output has increased by 575% in the past decade. The country also publishes three times more books than all Arab nations combined.

The vastly expanded education system, which makes particular efforts to reach poor and rural families, has acted as a catalyst for independent thinking. The art world has opened up. Film scripts still require approval, but religious themes have faded. Culture is no longer a mere propaganda tool."

That's not a backward nation. The Iranians I've met are more knowledgeable than most Americans.

"...Iran is becoming a more mature and modern country, says Oliver August
The revolution is over The Economist"

The 'Economist'???

No wonder you don't know anything.
"Iranian President Prepares For 12th Imam's Reappearance
CBN.com – NASHVILLE, Tennessee (BP) -- Aug. 22 could be an ominous date for Israelis and Americans based on its significance this year as one of Islam’s most revered holy days, according to a Princeton professor who says Iran may be planning “cataclysmic events” to prepare the way for Shiite Muslims’ awaited messiah.
....Ahmadinejad’s fascination with the return of Shiite Muslims’ messiah and what that means if Ahmadinejad is armed with nuclear weapons.

“Ahmadinejad belongs to the mainstream of Shi’a Islam, known as ‘Twelvers,’” an article posted at www.kairosjournal.org stated. “They recognize a historical succession of Imams, connected by family ties, commencing with Muhammad and concluding with the 12th Imam.”

The 12th Imam was born around 868 A.D. at a time of great persecution of Shiites, the journal explained, and in order to protect him, his father, the 11th Imam, sent him into hiding. He appeared in public briefly at the age of 6 when his father died but then went back into obscurity. Shiites believe he continues to guide Muslims, and they expect his “messianic” return to bring order from chaos and righteousness from unbelief, Kairos said.

“President Ahmadinejad seems to think that the time is ripe for the 12th Imam’s reappearance and that, as president, he should play a role in opening the way for his return,” the journal said. “He is reported to have said in one of his cabinet sessions, ‘We have to turn Iran into a modern and divine country to be the model for all nations, and which will also serve as the basis for the return of the 12th Imam.’”

Iranian President Prepares For 12th Imam s Reappearance -- Spiritual Life CBN.com

It's from the first farewell address.

quote-the-nation-which-indulges-towards-another-an-habitual-hatred-or-an-habitual-fondness-is-in-some-george-washington-311591.jpg

Passionate-attachment.png

Usually it is only the wise that learn from history and their fathers.

For clarity....your position is that the United States encourage the seventh century savages be encouraged to develop a nuclear bomb, their major ballistic missile program not be covered by the proposed treaty, and if it means the destruction of Israel....so be it?

Yes or no?

a. .... if LBJ is a traitor with respect to the Liberty incident, what do you surmise would be the correct term for Obama in the light of Iran's hand in the US Embassy Hostages, the Beirut bombing and Khobar towers attack, and his efforts to give them a nuclear weapon?

b. For clarity....your position is that the United States encourage the seventh century savages be encouraged to develop a nuclear bomb, their major ballistic missile program not be covered by the proposed treaty, and if it means the destruction of Israel....so be it?

2. "First off, your characterization of the Iranian revolution shows a lack of knowledge of how the US and the west has manipulated internal Iranian politics."
I haven't 'characterized' the Iranian revolution, but would be happy to compare my knowledge of same with yours.

The revolution is over
After decades of messianic fervour, Iran is becoming a more mature and modern country, says Oliver August

“The government tries to put up controls, but people are well versed in evading them,” says one of Iran’s first bloggers. A lot of effort has gone into trying to mimic China’s strategy of nurturing local websites that can be controlled, such as salam.ir, a search engine. But most of these have failed spectacularly because access to superior foreign competitors is easy. So-called VPNtrepreneurs sell the software and access codes to bypass controls. A 21-year-old wearing cordless headphones says he charges a dollar a month or $10 a year and has 80,000 clients. His day job at an IT company is a cover. Occasionally he pays the cyber-police a few hundred dollars in bribes.

The hunger for free information is fuelled by rising education levels, which are now comparable to those in Western countries. In 2009, 34% of Iranians in the relevant age group went to university. Three years later the number had gone up to 55% and is said to have climbed further since then, mostly thanks to the huge expansion of Azad University, which now has over 100 campuses and 1.5m students. Iran’s cabinet has more members with PhDs from American universities than that of America itself; the president, Hassan Rohani, got his in Scotland. According to SCImago, a Spanish firm that monitors academic journals, Iran’s scientific output has increased by 575% in the past decade. The country also publishes three times more books than all Arab nations combined.

The vastly expanded education system, which makes particular efforts to reach poor and rural families, has acted as a catalyst for independent thinking. The art world has opened up. Film scripts still require approval, but religious themes have faded. Culture is no longer a mere propaganda tool."

That's not a backward nation. The Iranians I've met are more knowledgeable than most Americans.

The 'Economist'???

CBN.com – NASHVILLE, Tennessee (BP) -- Aug. 22 could be an ominous date for Israelis and Americans based on its significance this year as one of Islam’s most revered holy days, according to a Princeton professor who says Iran may be planning “cataclysmic events” to prepare the way for Shiite Muslims’ awaited messiah.
....Ahmadinejad’s fascination with the return of Shiite Muslims’ messiah and what that means if Ahmadinejad is armed with nuclear weapons.

“Ahmadinejad belongs to the mainstream of Shi’a Islam, known as ‘Twelvers,’” an article posted at www.kairosjournal.org stated. “They recognize a historical succession of Imams, connected by family ties, commencing with Muhammad and concluding with the 12th Imam.”

The 12th Imam was born around 868 A.D. at a time of great persecution of Shiites, the journal explained, and in order to protect him, his father, the 11th Imam, sent him into hiding. He appeared in public briefly at the age of 6 when his father died but then went back into obscurity. Shiites believe he continues to guide Muslims, and they expect his “messianic” return to bring order from chaos and righteousness from unbelief, Kairos said.

“President Ahmadinejad seems to think that the time is ripe for the 12th Imam’s reappearance and that, as president, he should play a role in opening the way for his return,” the journal said. “He is reported to have said in one of his cabinet sessions, ‘We have to turn Iran into a modern and divine country to be the model for all nations, and which will also serve as the basis for the return of the 12th Imam.’”

Iranian President Prepares For 12th Imam s Reappearance -- Spiritual Life CBN.com
Cbn?
Ahmadinejad isn't the iranian president

Yes or no?

The revolution is over

The 'Economist'???

Cbn?

So the Revolutionary Guard stopped believing as they did when Ahmadinejad left?

Really?

The revolution is over

The 'Economist'???

Cbn?

Really?
Your "news" article was about Ahmadinejad

You also havent told me why israel should be our favorite, and why citizens here should work for her interests to the detriment of our own

The revolution is over

The 'Economist'???

Cbn?

Really?
Your "news" article was about Ahmadinejad

You also havent told me why israel should be our favorite, and why citizens here should work for her interests to the detriment of our own

1. Answer the question:
"So the Revolutionary Guard stopped believing as they did when Ahmadinejad left?

a. "The Army of the Guardians of the Islamic Revolution (Persian: سپاه پاسداران انقلاب اسلامی ‎ / Sepāh-e Pāsdārān-e Enqelāb-e Eslāmi, or Sepāh for short), often calledRevolutionary Guards, is a branch of Iran's military, founded after the Iranian revolutionon 5 May 1979.....
The Ansar-Ul-Mehdi (Followers of Imam Mehdi(a.s) (12th Shia Imam) Corps is primarily responsible for the protection of top officials of government and parliament (excluding the Supreme Leader). As an elite, secretive force within the I.R.G.C Ground force, its officers are entrusted with many other special assignments, such as Counter Intelligence & Covert Operations beyond Iran's borders.

The corps has four layers of protection for top officials and the agents go to each layer according to their experience and loyalty. The current commander of Ansar-Ul-Mehdi is Colonel Asad Zadeh.[25][26]"
Army of the Guardians of the Islamic Revolution - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

b. "Shiites, whose clerics rule Iran with an iron fist, believe that at the end of times, the 12th Imam, Mahdi, a 9th century prophet, will reappear with Jesus Christ at his side, kill all the infidels and raise the flag of Islam in all four corners of the world. Many analysts believe Iran is seeking nuclear capability to bring on that Armageddon."
LiveLeak.com

2. Since Iran follows the same doctrines as the Nazis did, and, in fact is named in honor of Nazis....
...does this mean that you can't find any reasons why the United States should be anti-Nazi?

Are you pretending to be a fool....or authentically so?

"The Iranian regime’s view of the world is centered aroundthe appearance of the Mahdi, also known as the Hidden 12th Imam in Shia Islam. It also explains its strategy in the context of prophecies surrounding the Mahdi’s arrival on the scene, including issues related to Yemen, Saudi Arabia and other countries.

Supreme Leader Khamenei’s beliefs are not different. He likewise preaches that the 1979 Islamic Revolution in Iran is the fulfillment of prophecy to set the stage for the Mahdi to defeat Iran’s enemies.

Like Ahamdinejad, Khamenei believes Iran has a responsibility to consciously fulfill prophecy in order to trigger this event. His representative in the Revolutionary Guards said in June that Iran needs to shape the necessary “regional preparedness” for it to happen.

In July 2010, a senior Iranian cleric said that Khamenei told his inner circle that he had met with the Mahdi, who promised to “reappear” during his lifetime. A sermon by a top cleric in Qom and shown on state television claimed that Khamenei said “May Ali protect you” the second he was born."
12th Imam in Shia Islam The Counter Jihad Report

You're great at finding legitimate, non-biased sources, aren't you? CBN, now counterjihadreport.com

You're great at finding legitimate, non-biased sources, aren't you? CBN, now counterjihadreport.com

Ever notice how, when some fool can't dispute the fact, they argue that they aren't satisfied with the source?

I've noticed it.

Ever notice how, when some fool can't dispute the fact, they argue that they aren't satisfied with the source?

I've noticed it.
Why should anyone take your clearly biased sources seriously? Surely if they're reliable you could find a reasonable source to back it up.

That said, i dont care what you think the republican guard believes. I only care about what negotiations can gain us, and negotiations would not be necessary if there was already total agreement

I've noticed it.
Why should anyone take your clearly biased sources seriously? Surely if they're reliable you could find a reasonable source to back it up.

That said, i dont care what you think the republican guard believes. I only care about what negotiations can gain us, and negotiations would not be necessary if there was already total agreement

Google 'Iran- apocalyptic"

Over 1 million sites in less than one second.

Now get lost.

I've noticed it.

Now get lost.
A million sites, and yet you cant cite one legitimate source.

So why should israel be our favorite, such that we work towards her goals at the detriment of our own and grant special privileges to her that we deny other countries?

I've noticed it.

Now get lost.

So why should israel be our favorite, such that we work towards her goals at the detriment of our own and grant special privileges to her that we deny other countries?

I've explained that this is not government school.

Unable to process the information provided, you've been dismissed.

Step off.

I've noticed it.

Now get lost.

Step off.
Actually you haven't.
you gave some crap answer about shared values, but i believe that's the type of thing Washington would call "the illusion of common interest"

I've noticed it.

Now get lost.

Step off.
Actually you haven't.
you gave some crap answer about shared values, but i believe that's the type of thing Washington would call "the illusion of common interest"

What????

Only a fool or a liar would deny how obvious the reason is.

Only "the illusion of common interest"?????
Really?

Here is Lyndon Johnson's answer to that question:

13. " Soon after the 1967 war, Soviet premier Aleksei Kosygin asked Johnson at the Glassboro Summit why the US supported Israel when there were 80 million Arabs and only three million Israelis. "Because it is right," responded the straight-shooting Texan.

.... prime minister Levi Eshkol's successful appeal for these weapons on a visit to the LBJ ranch. Israel won the 1967 war, and Johnson worked to make sure it also won the peace. "I sure as hell want to be careful and not run out on little Israel," Johnson said in a March 1968 conversation with his ambassador to the United Nations, Arthur Goldberg, according to White House tapes recently released.

The crafting of UN Resolution 242 in November 1967 was done under Johnson's scrutiny. The call for "secure and recognized boundaries" was critical. The American and British drafters of the resolution opposed Israel returning all the territories captured in the war. In September 1968, Johnson explained, "We are not the ones to say where other nations should draw lines between them that will assure each the greatest security. It is clear, however, that a return to the situation of 4 June 1967 will not bring peace. There must be secure and there must be recognized borders."
A friend in deed - Features - Jerusalem Post

Lyndon Johnson: "..."We are not the ones to say where other nations should draw lines between them that will assure each the greatest security. It is clear, however, that a return to the situation of 4 June 1967 will not bring peace."

Barack Obama: "Obama calls for Israel's return to pre-1967 borders"Obama calls for Israel s return to pre-1967 borders - CNN.com

This what happens when those unprepared to be informed voters put in office a man unprepared to be the President of the United States.

Last edited:

Now get lost.

Step off.
Actually you haven't.

What????

Really?

13. " Soon after the 1967 war, Soviet premier Aleksei Kosygin asked Johnson at the Glassboro Summit why the US supported Israel when there were 80 million Arabs and only three million Israelis. "Because it is right," responded the straight-shooting Texan.

.... prime minister Levi Eshkol's successful appeal for these weapons on a visit to the LBJ ranch. Israel won the 1967 war, and Johnson worked to make sure it also won the peace. "I sure as hell want to be careful and not run out on little Israel," Johnson said in a March 1968 conversation with his ambassador to the United Nations, Arthur Goldberg, according to White House tapes recently released.

The crafting of UN Resolution 242 in November 1967 was done under Johnson's scrutiny. The call for "secure and recognized boundaries" was critical. The American and British drafters of the resolution opposed Israel returning all the territories captured in the war. In September 1968, Johnson explained, "We are not the ones to say where other nations should draw lines between them that will assure each the greatest security. It is clear, however, that a return to the situation of 4 June 1967 will not bring peace. There must be secure and there must be recognized borders."

Lyndon Johnson: "..."We are not the ones to say where other nations should draw lines between them that will assure each the greatest security. It is clear, however, that a return to the situation of 4 June 1967 will not bring peace."

Barack Obama: "Obama calls for Israel's return to pre-1967 borders"Obama calls for Israel s return to pre-1967 borders - CNN.com

This what happens when those unprepared to be informed voters put in office a man unprepared to be the President of the United States.
Saying something is right doesn't make it so. Again, that's just the Illusion of commonality. Neither should past support dictate unconditional support in the future. That's just the habit of alliance.

So what's the reason once again?

Now get lost.

Step off.
Actually you haven't.

What????

Really?

Saying something is right doesn't make it so. Again, that's just the Illusion of commonality. Neither should past support dictate unconditional support in the future. That's just the habit of alliance.

Step off.
Actually you haven't.

What????

Really?

Here it is, once again.
Soon after the 1967 war, Soviet premier Aleksei Kosygin asked Johnson at the Glassboro Summit why the US supported Israel when there were 80 million Arabs and only three million Israelis. "Because it is right," responded the straight-shooting Texan.

Forum List

Back