American oil Companies?

Rock - get over it, transnationals don't have a country, only self interest. They only pretend to be linked to a country because then they suck money out of gullible national/regional governments.

Rock - get over it, transnationals don't have a country, only self interest. They only pretend to be linked to a country because then they suck money out of gullible national/regional governments.

This is in response to the liberal turds on this board that keep insisting we invaded to steal all the oil , the claim now being we force the Iraq Government to make deals with just our oil companies.

This is in response to the liberal turds on this board that keep insisting we invaded to steal all the oil , the claim now being we force the Iraq Government to make deals with just our oil companies.

Rock - this a left wing turd speaking (the difference between a right wing turd and a left wing turd is that we talk sense, the right wing turds only talk shit).

That's what happened. But the oil wasn't supposed to be liberated. That would make it s-o-c-i-a-l-i-s-t. BIg oil grabbed it to hold onto it to make sure the price went sky high.

Over and out.

Bush and Cheney can expect fat cheques. But I don't think they'll get "Mission Accomplished" banners, that would be a bit too revealing.

Hey, retired, did you see where one of the NeoCons that was in on the war planning is negotiating with Iraq for an oil contract. I don't think he is Chinese.:eek:

And pleasse quit speaking for the left. You don't even truly represent the right except for the extreme.

Show me the quote where all the lefties said what you stated.

You make up more shit than a Christmas goose. Hmmm, maybe that't what you need. I will check with Craig to see if he's busy.:lol:

Hey, retired, did you see where one of the NeoCons that was in on the war planning is negotiating with Iraq for an oil contract. I don't think he is Chinese.:eek:

And pleasse quit speaking for the left. You don't even truly represent the right except for the extreme.

Show me the quote where all the lefties said what you stated.

You make up more shit than a Christmas goose. Hmmm, maybe that't what you need. I will check with Craig to see if he's busy.:lol:

Deflection and bullshit, you think that will work? Sorry but anyone that was not off hiding on another board knows full well that HAS been the claim around here.

Deflection and bullshit, you think that will work? Sorry but anyone that was not off hiding on another board knows full well that HAS been the claim around here.

Just what I thought. You can't show it. You are the ultimate of deflection and partisan bullshit.

And I haven't been hiding on another board. The day I hide from an intellectual giant like you, I will have become a republicant:lol:

Your hatred for the left is really sad. I may disagree with some of the right's positions, but I don't hate the other party like you seem to.

Some people get older and wiser. Some just get older. Have a great life.

Hey Gunny, if we DIDN'T invade Iraq for the oil, then please (as a retired military man, of which I'm one from the Navy), explain to me why in the hell we went into Iraq, when the real perpetrators of 9/11 were a full country away over in Afghanistan/Pakistan? Afghanistan/Pakistan DON'T have oil, yet Iraq does. The idiot in the White House used 9/11 as an excuse to avenge his father's reputation and make some money in the process.

Remember how we were told that the Iraq war would "pay for itself in the oil revenue we will save", and how RumsFAILED said that the war would only last 6 months? Several years and over 4,000 of my fellow brothers and sisters in arms later, we're STILL there, the oil market is screwed, Iraq is screwed, and Bin Laden is still running free.

Oh yeah....Greenspan (who I think knows a thing or two) even said that the war in Iraq was strictly for oil.

Buckle up devil dog, and fly right.

That's because you're a simple minded Con who's spent 8 years defending Bush, and inventing scenarios in your mind about what liberals supposedly said.

No one ever claimed Iraq would never, ever make deals with other countries.

What was said, and what is undeniably true, is that after the BushCo invasion of Iraq, their nationalized oil industry was privatized and opened up on favorable terms to multinational corporations - many of whom were american and british, but not all of course.

LOL@RetiredGySgt: For years American companies make shit loads and have the lions share of contracts, so this hardly proves any point you're trying to make. In fact it strengthens the arguement that the invasion was about American companies getting the oil. Seeing as this deal was done prior to the invasion, it demonstrates Iraq wanted to deal with countries other than America, which was obviously not acceptable.

LOL@RetiredGySgt: For years American companies make shit loads and have the lions share of contracts, so this hardly proves any point you're trying to make. In fact it strengthens the arguement that the invasion was about American companies getting the oil. Seeing as this deal was done prior to the invasion, it demonstrates Iraq wanted to deal with countries other than America, which was obviously not acceptable.

And yet they made the deal. Go figure.

This deal in no way shape or further validates the argument that the US invaded Iraq to take over its oil fields. It does the exact opposite.

Countries do not invade other countries to take over their resources then give away hundreds of millions of dollars of those resources to countries that actively opposed the war.

OMG! American oil companies make peanuts compared to the national oil companies and account for a very small fraction (around 15%) of the oil economy. Also, those huge profits you keep hearing about is what props up your 401K's and pension plans and they become a lot less huge when you subtract out the shareholders piece of the pie, which very likely includes you and your family in some measure. I'd much rather back a publicly owned corporation, who shares their profits with their shareholders (which are millions of average citizens in the US) than national companies where the money ends up in the hands of dictators (Chavez), kings (Middle East), or outright thugs (Russia).

Out of curiosity cbi, if the oil companies are "making peanuts" as you claim, then can you please explain why for the past couple of years they are posting record profits EVERY FUCKING QUARTER?!?!?!?!??

This deal in no way shape or further validates the argument that the US invaded Iraq to take over its oil fields. It does the exact opposite.

Countries do not invade other countries to take over their resources then give away hundreds of millions of dollars of those resources to countries that actively opposed the war.

First of all, the hapless Bush and 50 million of his devout followers thought he could walk into iraq and install the strongly pro-american thug Ahmed Chalabi, and it would be smooth sailing after that........ In spite of the warnings from 90% of the rest of the world that walking into iraq was going to be like walking into a hornets nest.

Second, there are few black and white issues on this planet. It's completely ludicrous to say that American oil companies would get all the oil, and nobody else would get a drop. I don't think anyone in the right mind, or above a 7th grade intelligence level thought that.

The bottom line is that ever since Iraq nationalized their oil resources in the 1960s, western multinational corporations have been dying to get back in. And in 2003, BushCo and the Bremer Occupation Authority dismantled iraq's nationalized oil companies paving the way for privatization and favorable terms for multinational investors.

First of all, the hapless Bush and 50 million of his devout followers thought he could walk into iraq and install the strongly pro-american thug Ahmed Chalabi, and it would be smooth sailing after that........ In spite of the warnings from 90% of the rest of the world that walking into iraq was going to be like walking into a hornets nest.

Second, there are few black and white issues on this planet. It's completely ludicrous to say that American oil companies would get all the oil, and nobody else would get a drop. I don't think anyone in the right mind, or above a 7th grade intelligence level thought that.

The bottom line is that ever since Iraq nationalized their oil resources in the 1960s, western multinational corporations have been dying to get back in. And in 2003, BushCo and the Bremer Occupation Authority dismantled iraq's nationalized oil companies paving the way for privatization and favorable terms for multinational investors.

I'm not defending the incompetence of the Bush administration. Nor am I defending a war that should never have happened. What I'm saying is that the granting of concessions to countries that opposed the invasion, especially one that is becoming a geopolitical rival to the United States, is most definitely NOT further proof that the country was invaded for its oil. That is a ridiculous assertion. It, in fact, is more likely proof that the invasion was not about taking over the oil fields.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back