American Muslims Stone Christians in Dearborn, MI

They weren't the ones rioting. The muslims did. Do you think those muslim rioters would give a shit about an ordinance? They think Dearborn is the same as the West Bank and this shit is normal.

If the Muslims had corrupted a Christian nativity scene in the same manner, saying things like "Your god is a fraud" and "the mother of your savior was a whore", how do you think average Christians would respond? I live in the south, and I'm pretty sure that it would have been a similar kind of response, particularly if there were hot-blooded young men involved.

Or should we all assume that it would be peaceful and calm, and that no fisticuffs would occur?
I see nothing equivalent to going to a defilement of a nativity scene. I have never heard of Christians trying to stone or riot over seeing muslim statements on placards peaceably assembled?

If muslim fundies went to a christian fundie retreat and did the exact same things you'd see the exact same response.

They weren't the ones rioting. The muslims did. Do you think those muslim rioters would give a shit about an ordinance? They think Dearborn is the same as the West Bank and this shit is normal.

If the Muslims had corrupted a Christian nativity scene in the same manner, saying things like "Your god is a fraud" and "the mother of your savior was a whore", how do you think average Christians would respond? I live in the south, and I'm pretty sure that it would have been a similar kind of response, particularly if there were hot-blooded young men involved.

Or should we all assume that it would be peaceful and calm, and that no fisticuffs would occur?

I'd love to hear a christian fundamentalist explain why what Catz said in this post was incorrect and to address her question.

In general, I would say that while most Christians probably couldn't be provoked to fight, using religious fighting words (for a variety of reasons, not least of which is their overwhelming dominance in this country), I am fairly certain that most Christians COULD be provoked to fight using other sorts of fighting words....racial slurs, gender slurs, implications of negative behavior, etc. And that's what the fighting words exception to free speech is about...The are some words that provoke an emotional response in people and may lead to violence. That's why those words were excluded by the Supreme Court from free speech protections in the 1940s.

A person who attempts to start a confrontation with another person that turns into violence is often seen to be equally responsible for that confrontation in the eyes of the law.

It's called "free speech", you miscreant bitch. Get your slimy goat fuckers out of my country. There is going to be blood in the streets if you keep pushing us.
So you retards are going to publicly slit your wrists when you can't get your way? Cool!! :badgrin: :cuckoo:

We'll see who laughs last.

I'm guessing those of us above the fray will laugh last.

God knows you crack me up.:badgrin:

All kidding aside here.

If you go provoking a crowd, any crowd, there is a chance you may get attacked by them.

Yes, you have free speech, but you also have common sense too. Use common sense in public and you will not complain about getting attacked.

Yes--the muslims that attacked the Christian group is wrong. But those Christians are just stupid. I don't feel sorry for them. In fact, I kind of laugh at them for whining about their rights after pulling such a stupid stunt!

Why are they filming? Are they making a christian version of "Jackass"?

This is the kind of thinking that condones this and allows it to become entrenched. We are a nation of laws and the Christians were breaking no laws.

If I was at a carnival and I saw a group of Christians or any religion doing their thing I'd just look and move on. Many posters are missing the point and missing it deliberately rather than face the cold hard facts.

Notice that the Adult American Arabs did Not take the bait just the Kids

Notice that the Adult American Arabs did Not take the bait just the Kids

The kids are the front the adults hide behind. Do you want to see some adults at previous Dearborn festivals and how they acted? They're on youtube. See for yourself.

All kidding aside here.

If you go provoking a crowd, any crowd, there is a chance you may get attacked by them.

Yes, you have free speech, but you also have common sense too. Use common sense in public and you will not complain about getting attacked.

Yes--the muslims that attacked the Christian group is wrong. But those Christians are just stupid. I don't feel sorry for them. In fact, I kind of laugh at them for whining about their rights after pulling such a stupid stunt!

This is the kind of thinking that condones this and allows it to become entrenched. We are a nation of laws and the Christians were breaking no laws.

If I was at a carnival and I saw a group of Christians or any religion doing their thing I'd just look and move on. Many posters are missing the point and missing it deliberately rather than face the cold hard facts.

So, if you walk into the ghetto and start yelling about *******, it's your claim that people will just ignore you and move on? I think that claim is bullshit, but I would suggest that you probably can prove me wrong today. Why don't you go stand in front of a local high school or recreation center, and start screaming insults designed to be as offensive as possible to the group that makes up the majority of the students/users at that facility. Make sure you take along a camera to record your findings. And, then, post them here to make your case.

As stated above, repeatedly, attempting to verbally provoke or incite people to attack you falls into the category of fighting words. It's not constitutionally protected free speech.

Last edited:
Wrong question. Try again.

No such thing as a "wrong question" unless you're speaking to a totalitarian.

It's the wrong question to ask logically in the context of the argument, because no one has claimed that the Christians broke a law. Thus, it's the equivalent of a strawman argument.

If the Christians broke no law, then why were the muslims allowed to break the law?

All kidding aside here.

Yeah but if you were at a carnival and I saw a group of Muslims doing their thing You would call them slimy goat fuckers and wonder why you got knocked on your ass.:cuckoo:

What the lovely Christians were doing prior to the riot at the festival:

Arab International Festival - YouTube

I don't ever espouse vigilanteism, but I wonder how close this comes to meeting the level of "fighting words."

Fighting words - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I have to ask, too: Is this how Jesus wants his believers to spread his message to the world?

I will admit, seeing and hearing this gives you a much different perspective! These guys were passive protestors, they were aggitators saying some vile things. You can understand the reaction.

However it's hard to have sympathy for the Muslims, since they are usually on the other side saying worse things and not being non-violet like the Christians were. Go to a Jewish festival and you see Muslim scumbags doing horrendous thing. They don't even allow Israeli speakers to speak.

Funny how the Muslims don't like the table turned on them!

I don't ever espouse vigilanteism, but I wonder how close this comes to meeting the level of "fighting words."

I have to ask, too: Is this how Jesus wants his believers to spread his message to the world?

Well how about that... I don't see these Christians, as provocative as they are, THROWING ROCKS, PISS AND WATER BOTTLES AT THE MUSLIMS!

Too many bubble heads out there dismissing violence from muslims. Is it because you're fucking SCARED of them? SCARED LITTLE PUSSIES?

Why aren't you jerk off leftists in here DEFENDING the RIGHT TO FREEDOM OF SPEECH?

Yeah, well, I know why, because everyone is supposed to have freedom of speech EXCEPT CHRISTIANS. Muslims can TURN VIOLENT and that's OK, you'll just blame the Christians. You fucking POS liberals make me just as sick as these filthy muslims do. When was the last time a Christian flew two planes into sky scrappers in a huge city IN AMERICA killing 3,000+ INNOCENT PEOPLE? You forget that already? When did the Christians declare WAR ON AMERICA?
If there is a scared little pussy on this thread, it is you. :thup:

All kidding aside here.

Yeah but if you were at a carnival and I saw a group of Muslims doing their thing You would call them slimy goat fuckers and wonder why you got knocked on your ass.:cuckoo:

Oh my, yes. You can see it all so clearly in your warped little mind just how it would go down. LOL.

In my opinion, this is an example of why we need limits on Free Speech in this country.

The Westbrough Church protesting military funerals is another example.

Free Speech was advocated by our Founding Fathers in order for citizens to be able to air their grievences against the Government.

Not to harasses or incite other citizens.

I'd love to hear a christian fundamentalist explain why what Catz said in this post was incorrect and to address her question.

In general, I would say that while most Christians probably couldn't be provoked to fight, using religious fighting words (for a variety of reasons, not least of which is their overwhelming dominance in this country), I am fairly certain that most Christians COULD be provoked to fight using other sorts of fighting words....racial slurs, gender slurs, implications of negative behavior, etc. And that's what the fighting words exception to free speech is about...The are some words that provoke an emotional response in people and may lead to violence. That's why those words were excluded by the Supreme Court from free speech protections in the 1940s.

A person who attempts to start a confrontation with another person that turns into violence is often seen to be equally responsible for that confrontation in the eyes of the law.

Well they had a plan, here's what it was.

Bring cameras, do everything they can to provoke the muslims, film them reacting to their provocations, then play the victim card and garner sympathy from other muslim-hating christian fundamentalists.

As we see in this thread, goal achieved.

Both groups involved in the discussion are idiots. The small group of hate filled christians in the video, and the small group idiot muslims who gave the christian group exactly what they wanted.

Well how about that... I don't see these Christians, as provocative as they are, THROWING ROCKS, PISS AND WATER BOTTLES AT THE MUSLIMS!

Too many bubble heads out there dismissing violence from muslims. Is it because you're fucking SCARED of them? SCARED LITTLE PUSSIES?

Why aren't you jerk off leftists in here DEFENDING the RIGHT TO FREEDOM OF SPEECH?

Yeah, well, I know why, because everyone is supposed to have freedom of speech EXCEPT CHRISTIANS. Muslims can TURN VIOLENT and that's OK, you'll just blame the Christians. You fucking POS liberals make me just as sick as these filthy muslims do. When was the last time a Christian flew two planes into sky scrappers in a huge city IN AMERICA killing 3,000+ INNOCENT PEOPLE? You forget that already? When did the Christians declare WAR ON AMERICA?
If there is a scared little pussy on this thread, it is you. :thup:

Isn't that sweet. Another stone thrower has joined the miscreants.

In my opinion, this is an example of why we need limits on Free Speech in this country.

The Westbrough Church protesting military funerals is another example.

Free Speech was advocated by our Founding Fathers in order for citizens to be able to air their grievences against the Government.

Not to harasses or incite other citizens.

Gee, kids. Looky here. A muslim wanting limits on free speech. Who woulda thunk.

I will admit, seeing and hearing this gives you a much different perspective! These guys were passive protestors, they were aggitators saying some vile things. You can understand the reaction.

I think that when people (of any shape, stripe, or religion) attempt to incite others to fight or to provoke a confrontation, I tend to have very little sympathy when they get exactly what they've asked for.

Forum List

Back