American Muslims and the Right To Bear Arms.

That was local laws and perversion of the constitution. Also. yes some of the FF were slaveholders, and color did matter. Guess what do we throw away all thier other more nifty ideas because of that?

Different age, different morals. In the end the consitutuon and the 13th and 14th amendments weathered the Jim Crow law era and were enforced as they were meant to be in the 50s and 60s.

I understand, but the FF kept slavery as it was. The Constitution allowed it and encoded it. We had to amend the Constitution to correct the shit the FF allowed.

I do not play that silly game most do about the FF, but I like my history raw. I can take the bitter with the sweet. Ia am a liberal and therefore unlike conservative nitwits I do not feel personally attacked when ideas and 'great' men I admire get attacked.

Local laws? There were SCOTUS decisions that upheld those local laws.

History spun by some has a way of revising itself.

And SCOTUS decisons overturned the ones previously made. The process is ever evolving. The issue in plessy is that the SCOTUS at the time overrode the intnet of the consitutional amendment for the current politics at the time. This was corrected in later courts.

You mistake where I am coming from. Why?

I did not say we in America have not evolved. What I originally stated was (and it has a context)...
I'm pretty confident that the Constitution doesn't prevent Muslims from bearing arms. A religion has no more bearing on ones Americanism than color does.

that's not what White Southerners during the LBJ years, and the Founding Fathers thought. :eek:

I merely pointed out that color did have had a bearing on ones Americanism as far as the FF were concerned.

you responded with (among a few other things):
yes some of the FF were slaveholders, and color did matter. Guess what do we throw away all thier other more nifty ideas because of that?

post #15

Where you got the weird idea that I had said something that would condemn all that the FF proposed is only something you can say. It obviously is not to be found in anything I posted up to then. :eusa_whistle:

I then ask you to stop playing silly games.

I am usually quick to chop off a head by this time in a thread. I don't suffer fools gladly or easily.

please, stop being a fool?

Please show me any post by a Muslim equivalent to the two in my signature.

you fucking idiot. I wasn't talking about a couple of douchebaghs who hang around on internet message boards. The hate is out there. If you don't see what society does to Gays and Jews you're a blind fuck.

Sure Arabs and Muslims are now experiencing a taste of what they dish out and a taste of what 'real' prejudice and hate in America is (forget about it---when it comes to hate in Arab and Muslim countries for Jews and Gays).

Arabs and Muslims in America (as well as Black Americans), have a hatred for Jews and Gays that is despicable.

My response wasn't directed at you, Tinkerbell. Put on a new pair of Huggies and shut the fuck up when grown folks are talking.

Tinkerbell? More like Big Daddy, after the spanking you get

you fucking idiot. I wasn't talking about a couple of douchebaghs who hang around on internet message boards. The hate is out there. If you don't see what society does to Gays and Jews you're a blind fuck.

Sure Arabs and Muslims are now experiencing a taste of what they dish out and a taste of what 'real' prejudice and hate in America is (forget about it---when it comes to hate in Arab and Muslim countries for Jews and Gays).

Arabs and Muslims in America (as well as Black Americans), have a hatred for Jews and Gays that is despicable.

My response wasn't directed at you, Tinkerbell. Put on a new pair of Huggies and shut the fuck up when grown folks are talking.

Tinkerbell? More like Big Daddy, after the spanking you get
Interesting choice of words.

reminder_big.jpg

I understand, but the FF kept slavery as it was. The Constitution allowed it and encoded it. We had to amend the Constitution to correct the shit the FF allowed.

I do not play that silly game most do about the FF, but I like my history raw. I can take the bitter with the sweet. Ia am a liberal and therefore unlike conservative nitwits I do not feel personally attacked when ideas and 'great' men I admire get attacked.

Local laws? There were SCOTUS decisions that upheld those local laws.

History spun by some has a way of revising itself.

And SCOTUS decisons overturned the ones previously made. The process is ever evolving. The issue in plessy is that the SCOTUS at the time overrode the intnet of the consitutional amendment for the current politics at the time. This was corrected in later courts.

You mistake where I am coming from. Why?

I did not say we in America have not evolved. What I originally stated was (and it has a context)...

I merely pointed out that color did have had a bearing on ones Americanism as far as the FF were concerned.

you responded with (among a few other things):
yes some of the FF were slaveholders, and color did matter. Guess what do we throw away all thier other more nifty ideas because of that?

post #15

Where you got the weird idea that I had said something that would condemn all that the FF proposed is only something you can say. It obviously is not to be found in anything I posted up to then. :eusa_whistle:

I then ask you to stop playing silly games.

I am usually quick to chop off a head by this time in a thread. I don't suffer fools gladly or easily.

please, stop being a fool?

This is what people call having a discussion. Having a discussion is not everyone agreeing with you. I am not putting words in your mouth, merely stating my opinions of what you are saying. You are used to people responding in snippets or snark instead of discussion.

and if you want to resort to name calling you can FOAD.

If I were an American Muslim I'd carry and I'd take fighting courses aimed at crippling an opponent as opposed to protecting myself. The kind of hate spread about American Muslims is scary. The only hate I see similar is the hate spread about Jews and Gays.

And the irony is that a lot of muslims are guilty of this "The only hate I see similar is the hate spread about Jews and Gays." for examples: look around on this forum in the Isreal section.

Please show me any post by a Muslim equivalent to the two in my signature.

Hmm maybe you should look at the posts from the past denying the holocaust, that s pretty disgusting: other than that theres plenty "Jew hating posts from muslims there". But then again this forum isn't a good sample to represent reality as the most extremist people come here to express their opinion.

But looking at the way you speak to "jews", I recon you would probably have written some yourself
Don't fool yourself, Jew, I only care about your religion and its adherents insofar as some of them are attempting to establish an oppressive Jewish government in rightfully Islamic territory.
And to answer this ignorant post: It does not rightfully belong to Islam, if we follow your reasoning then the territory would belong to the christian religion as the muslims stole that land from the christian roman empire in the same way that Jews took it from the muslims in the latest century.

My problem is that I do not collect extremist opinions of other like you do, as there already are plenty around here or maybe that is your problem?

But reality shows a so much better picture:
http://www.alarabiya.net/articles/2009/10/14/88058.html
Muslim Parents face prosecution over school ?Gay Week? protest MAJEDS BLOG

but then again, I wouldn't know if a hardcore catholic/protestant footballteam would play against a gay team. I wonder wether the new teams from the catholic church would play them?

Or maybe we should look at how gays are treated in dominant muslim countries (Iran, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, ...) and compare that with a dominant christian country (Italy, France, UK, ...)?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back