American Muslims and the Right To Bear Arms.

As we all know, today marks Fifteen Years since the Domestic Terror Attack by Tim McVeigh in Oklahoma City. Over One Hundred Sixty (160) Men, Women and Children (and not to mention for you righteous Right To Lifers celebrating your gun rights, Pregnant Woman) were murdered when McVeigh's bomb went off.

The attack on the Alfred P. Murrah Building in Oklahoma City remain the single worst domestic terrorist attack in the history of our Country. Timothy McVeigh was a Veteran of Desert Storm, who came home angry at the Army and at the U.S.

In honor of his wanton murder of 160+ Americans, gun nuts from across the country are gathering across the U.S. to celebrate their right to keep and bear arms.

So, will U.S. Citizens, who practice the faith of Islam (as guaranteed under the 1st. Amendment [freedom of religion] just as the Right to Keep and Bear Arms is guaranteed under the 2nd. Amendment) who form militia's be welcome at one of these rallies.

They are American Citizens, excerising their Right To Keep and Bear Arms.

If those hypothetical muslim militias gain legal access to protest thru permit or other legal means, and carry any weaponry in a legal fashion, and follow all rules and laws in their protest, they can knock themselves out

As we all know, today marks Fifteen Years since the Domestic Terror Attack by Tim McVeigh in Oklahoma City. Over One Hundred Sixty (160) Men, Women and Children (and not to mention for you righteous Right To Lifers celebrating your gun rights, Pregnant Woman) were murdered when McVeigh's bomb went off.

The attack on the Alfred P. Murrah Building in Oklahoma City remain the single worst domestic terrorist attack in the history of our Country. Timothy McVeigh was a Veteran of Desert Storm, who came home angry at the Army and at the U.S.

In honor of his wanton murder of 160+ Americans, gun nuts from across the country are gathering across the U.S. to celebrate their right to keep and bear arms.

So, will U.S. Citizens, who practice the faith of Islam (as guaranteed under the 1st. Amendment [freedom of religion] just as the Right to Keep and Bear Arms is guaranteed under the 2nd. Amendment) who form militia's be welcome at one of these rallies.

First nice connection with RTL and blowing up a federal building.

Second McVeigh held anti-government feelings way before desert storm. Disgruntled soldiers are not very common when on the winning side.

Third, if they were protesting for the right ot bear bombs, I would be concerned, and quite frankly horrified. guns had nothing to do with the OK City bombing

And the muslims, if they promoted sharia as rule of law in the US would probably not be welcome at these railies. not because of the muslim thing, but because of the Sharia thing.

If I were an American Muslim I'd carry and I'd take fighting courses aimed at crippling an opponent as opposed to protecting myself. The kind of hate spread about American Muslims is scary. The only hate I see similar is the hate spread about Jews and Gays.

• Thanks
Reactions: del

Second McVeigh held anti-government feelings way before desert storm. Disgruntled soldiers are not very common when on the winning side.

Third, if they were protesting for the right ot bear bombs, I would be concerned, and quite frankly horrified. guns had nothing to do with the OK City bombing

And the muslims, if they promoted sharia as rule of law in the US would probably not be welcome at these railies. not because of the muslim thing, but because of the Sharia thing.

Tim McVeighs own words are not good enough for you? You must watch cable news or listen to talk radio where ignoring fact is par for the course.

Tim McVeighs own words are not good enough for you? You must watch cable news or listen to talk radio where ignoring fact is par for the course.

I did a wikiquote search and looked at the wiki article. From what is there his anti-authority feelings developed during adolescence and his true radicalization happened after he left the army. if you have a better reference specifically to how the army radicalized him in particular desert storm please provide.

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

YouTube - Freight Train Meets Tornado and Derails!

keep watchin

I did a wikiquote search and looked at the wiki article. From what is there his anti-authority feelings developed during adolescence and his true radicalization happened after he left the army. if you have a better reference specifically to how the army radicalized him in particular desert storm please provide.

I didn't say the Army did, but every whining Vietnam era vet I know say just joining up, forget about fighting, has scared them.

McVeigh was a typical angry white male who had issues with authority. He ended up going right and it took him down a path most ringers only dream about. Of course many were horrified with the aftermath, but they fed the beast,. They are doing so now.

The right is feeding the beast of hatred and violent reaction to every move Obama makes.

I'm pretty confident that the Constitution doesn't prevent Muslims from bearing arms. A religion has no more bearing on ones Americanism than color does.

If I were an American Muslim I'd carry and I'd take fighting courses aimed at crippling an opponent as opposed to protecting myself. The kind of hate spread about American Muslims is scary. The only hate I see similar is the hate spread about Jews and Gays.

Remember some muslims being attacked after Oklahoma City.

I didn't say the Army did, but every whining Vietnam era vet I know say just joining up, forget about fighting, has scared them.

McVeigh was a typical angry white male who had issues with authority. He ended up going right and it took him down a path most ringers only dream about. Of course many were horrified with the aftermath, but they fed the beast,. They are doing so now.

The right is feeding the beast of hatred and violent reaction to every move Obama makes.

He's not typical.

And the #1 domestic terror threat historically comes from the left:

"...the decades-long war with militant environmentalists on American soil has not ended.

"It remains what we would probably consider the No. 1 domestic terrorism threat, because they have successfully continued to conduct different types of attacks in and around the country," said FBI Special Agent Richard Kolko."

FBI: Eco-Terrorism Remains No. 1 Domestic Terror Threat - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com

"Together, eco-terrorists and animal rights extremists are one of the most serious domestic terrorism threats in the U.S. today…for several good reasons:

The sheer volume of their crimes (over 2,000 since 1979);
The huge economic impact (losses of more than $110 million since 1979);
The wide range of victims (from international corporations to lumber companies to animal testing facilities to genetic research firms); and
Their increasingly violent rhetoric and tactics (one recent communiqué sent to a California product testing company said: “You might be able to protect your buildings, but can you protect the homes of every employee?”). "
FBI — Eco-Terrorism - Press Room - Headline Archives 06-30-08

"According the group's 1970 "Declaration of War" against the United States, its goal was to "lead white kids into armed revolution."
Weatherman (aka Weather Underground) -- Profile of Domestic Terrorism Group Weatherman

"May 2, 1967: About 30 armed Black Panther members entered the California legislature to protest consideration of outlawing the right of private citizens to bear arms. There was no violence, but the spectacle is well remembered and brought the group into public light..
1967-1968: A number of shootouts between Black Panther members and the police, leave a number of both parties dead
April 6, 1968: An armed confrontation between Black Panthers and police led to a 90 minute confrontation at a building housing Panthers. Eventually, the Panthers surrendered. Over the course of the day, at least four policemen were wounded and one killed. One Panther member, Bobby Hutton, was killed by the police and seven others were arrested."
Black Panthers

The OP made it a point to state desert storm and that it made McVeigh angry. What I read made no such case.

What you bring up about vietnam goes along with my point that wars that are percieved as not won can scar. But desert storm was a resounding victory.

McVeigh was not a "typical" angry white male. If what he did was typical half the buildings in the country would be smouldering ruins.

I agree that there are some people on the right side who's rhetoric is in favor of a violent resistance to the government. What I do not agree with is that any anti government sentiment is a lead on to violence. Most tea party people want to work in the system to change what they see is an unfair government. If that was not the case, again we would have buildings blowing up left and right.

And the reacting with hatred to every move a president makes has been happening since Reagan as far as I can remember (and thats the first president I remember.) You are only really noticing it now because its against your guy. Im sure you were having a hoot referring to GWB as a chimp and an idiot and calling him pResident (your avatar is a dead givewaway for that one)

I'm pretty confident that the Constitution doesn't prevent Muslims from bearing arms. A religion has no more bearing on ones Americanism than color does.

that's not what White Southerners during the LBJ years, and the Founding Fathers thought. :eek:

That was local laws and perversion of the constitution. Also. yes some of the FF were slaveholders, and color did matter. Guess what do we throw away all thier other more nifty ideas because of that?

Different age, different morals. In the end the consitutuon and the 13th and 14th amendments weathered the Jim Crow law era and were enforced as they were meant to be in the 50s and 60s.

McVeigh's bomb made completely and totally out of guns can never be allowed to be constructed ever again. Ban all firearms!

American Muslims have just as much a right to form militias to protect their Constitutional rights as anyone else

Forum List

Back