American Media Creating An Idiocracy...

LibocalypseNow

Jul 30, 2009
All Americans should see the movie 'Idiocracy' to see where our Media is taking our nation. All the debates & discussions you see on the Media don't add up to much unless you see the Movie 'Idiocracy.' Our Media is systematically and purposely dumbing our Nation down. They have merged Entertainment with real news. They have blurred the lines. They figure the dumber you are,the more you'll buy. Why report on World Peace and World Hunger when you can report on Charlie Sheen getting drunk and puking in his Hotel Room? Or report endlessly on who won or didn't win on American idol? Or how bout what Lady Ga Ga is wearing today?

They just don't want Americans to think anymore. They just want them dumber so they can shop till they drop. It's just not as easy for them to sell those I-Phones or I-Pads after reporting on all the starving children in the World. After watching that,many Americans may actually choose to send money to help those starving children rather than buying that new I-Pad. Obviously the Media can't have that so it's all about which celebrity is getting drunk or high that day. It's much easier to sell those I-Phones after that. Real News stories make people think and that's just not good for business. So Americans are getting dumber & dumber by the day and the Media is responsible. An Idiocracy seems inevitable. Ok,my rant is over. Thanks for listening. :)

Yeah, I saw Idiocracy a couple of weeks ago on either Spike or the Comedy Channel. It was pretty dopey, it kind of put me to sleep.
But I did catch the point of the movie. There's no doubt that Americans have been dumbed down by the media and constant commercials.

It's the lack of real news.

No news has talked about the new Ayatollah in Iraq.

Or why we need the "start" treaty.

Or any of the hundred things we should know.

The media is controlled by the right wing.

All Americans should see the movie 'Idiocracy' to see where our Media is taking our nation. All the debates & discussions you see on the Media don't add up to much unless you see the Movie 'Idiocracy.' Our Media is systematically and purposely dumbing our Nation down. They have merged Entertainment with real news. They have blurred the lines. They figure the dumber you are,the more you'll buy. Why report on World Peace and World Hunger when you can report on Charlie Sheen getting drunk and puking in his Hotel Room? Or report endlessly on who won or didn't win on American idol? Or how bout what Lady Ga Ga is wearing today?

They just don't want Americans to think anymore. They just want them dumber so they can shop till they drop. It's just not as easy for them to sell those I-Phones or I-Pads after reporting on all the starving children in the World. After watching that,many Americans may actually choose to send money to help those starving children rather than buying that new I-Pad. Obviously the Media can't have that so it's all about which celebrity is getting drunk or high that day. It's much easier to sell those I-Phones after that. Real News stories make people think and that's just not good for business. So Americans are getting dumber & dumber by the day and the Media is responsible. An Idiocracy seems inevitable. Ok,my rant is over. Thanks for listening. :)

Your welcome LibocalypseNow. As surprising as I know this makes you (or concerns you) I agree. Of course some network and cable broadcasts are better (more newsy if you will) than others.

Yea real News stories make people think. The Media just can't have that. It really is much easier to sell those I-Phones after reporting on another stupid celebrity getting drunk or high. A report on all the starving kids in the World just isn't gonna help push those I-Phones and I-Pads. After seeing that,many Americans might actually decide to send some money to help those starving kids rather than buy that I-Pad. Obviously the Media can't have that. So it's back to obsessing over what Lady GaGa is wearing that day and another celebrity getting drunk and puking. It's pretty sad.

Forum List

Back