American Legion Opposed to Obama's Plan to Charge Wounded Heroes for Treatment

The VA has been doing this for a while already....

My husband is a disabled vet and when he goes to the Doc at the VA, he was told to bring his Private Medical Insurance card if he had one....this began about 6 years ago in massachusettes and now that he has been scheduling his appointments at the VA here in Augusta, they TOO requested he bring his private insurance card with him if he had private insurance.

I happen to agree with this program.

If you are paying astronomical amounts for your private insurance...about $10,000 k a year for the two of us, then why shouldn't this insurance cover my husband's care? It covers it for every hospital he goes to, why not the VA Hospital services also?

This could save us, as a country, an awful lot of money and it does not affect the care of the military one bit!!!

It saves us all tax dollars!

I suppose some state VA's have enacted this already, due to the fact that it has been going on in massachusetts and Maine...

I don't understand the outrage....this is SMART!

care

The VA has been doing this for a while already....

My husband is a disabled vet and when he goes to the Doc at the VA, he was told to bring his Private Medical Insurance card if he had one....this began about 6 years ago in massachusettes and now that he has been scheduling his appointments at the VA here in Augusta, they TOO requested he bring his private insurance card with him if he had private insurance.

I happen to agree with this program.

If you are paying astronomical amounts for your private insurance...about $10,000 k a year for the two of us, then why shouldn't this insurance cover my husband's care? It covers it for every hospital he goes to, why not the VA Hospital services also?

This could save us, as a country, an awful lot of money and it does not affect the care of the military one bit!!!

It saves us all tax dollars!

I suppose some state VA's have enacted this already, due to the fact that it has been going on in massachusetts and Maine...

I don't understand the outrage....this is SMART!

care

Hmmmm....... Now that puts this in a differant light. No wonder the supporters of the Insurance Companies profit margins are coming out of the woodwork. If a Vet has no private insurance, then the government covers the cost.

Of course, if we had universal health care as does all other rational industrial nations, this would not be an issue. The Vets would be taken care of. As all of us would be.

The increasing number of unemployed, and those that have lost their coverage because of it, will change a lot of peoples minds concerning the need for a real health care system in this nation.

Forum List

Back