American kids denied food stamps in Alabama

your compassion is lacking

I quoted a gentleman who came here by the proper means. I don't blame him for feeling that way. He went thru a lot to come here.

Now that being said the immigration system in the U.S. is a dog's breakfast. But I wish some of the people elected to Washington would get their shit together and for once just fix freaking something.

I personally feel horribly for anyone who is sane, not a criminal or in a gang in Mexico who is just an average Joe or Manuel just wanting to make a decent living and live in safety with his family.

It's nuts down there. Mexico is lawless and I can't see it getting better anytime soon. The drug wars are crazy. Tourists are being targeted and watch tourism plummet then they'll really be in deep shit as a country.

You read the news and you know why people run north of the border. I truly pity them.

I just wish we could get past the "ship them all back" extreme and the "oh poor people let's let everyone stay and collect welfare" and come up with a sane solution to this issue.

Cripes this shit has been going on since forever. Why does anyone in Washington deserve a paycheck when they can't accomplish jack shit?

Bi partisan slag there. :eusa_angel:

why do you want American children to go hungry for the sins of their fathers?

yeah to feed hungry American kids

That's not what the SPLC is about.

The DHS is claiming that they do not ask for proof of citizenship.

Note to self: next trip to Florida stop in and get food stamps :eusa_angel:

Now to get serious, here's the deal. As a nation America is broke. Really really broke.
Something has to give.

Instead of spending billions in foreign aid why not at least attempt to balance the books at home and still be able to help the needy and impoverished in America.

Sadly when one falls on tough economic times, although you can still give to charity aka Foreign Aid one has to give less to protect one's own family aka the American people.

I never said that.

And why aren't the parents going immediately to a food bank? Here TM. If you know these children are starving and in dire need of help I can get you a list for Alabama from right up here in Canada.

I donate to two up here in particular that I have confidence in their distribution system.

There are safety nets so children don't starve. Oh and this link I'm giving you will also set you up to help these families in dire need if they are in other States.

Let me know if you need more help.

Alabama has several food banks that can provide you with free food. To help you get started, we have provided some Alabama Food Bank links below.
Food Banks in Alabama

Food Banks in Alabama serve hundreds of churches and other nonprofit agencies in distributing free food to those in need.

Additionally, the phone book is a good place to find local churches, synagogues, and food kitchens that may be able to help you with food and clothing needs. We have listed a few Alabama food bank websites to help you get started, but there are more if you take the time to search for them.

Food Bank of North Alabama
United Way of Central Alabama
Montgomery Area Food Bank
Bay Area Food Bank
West Alabama Food Bank

Food Banks in Alabama

I never said that.

And why aren't the parents going immediately to a food bank? Here TM. If you know these children are starving and in dire need of help I can get you a list for Alabama from right up here in Canada.

I donate to two up here in particular that I have confidence in their distribution system.

There are safety nets so children don't starve. Oh and this link I'm giving you will also set you up to help these families in dire need if they are in other States.

Let me know if you need more help.

Alabama has several food banks that can provide you with free food. To help you get started, we have provided some Alabama Food Bank links below.
Food Banks in Alabama

Food Banks in Alabama serve hundreds of churches and other nonprofit agencies in distributing free food to those in need.

Additionally, the phone book is a good place to find local churches, synagogues, and food kitchens that may be able to help you with food and clothing needs. We have listed a few Alabama food bank websites to help you get started, but there are more if you take the time to search for them.

Food Bank of North Alabama
United Way of Central Alabama
Montgomery Area Food Bank
Bay Area Food Bank
West Alabama Food Bank

Food Banks in Alabama

Good information, and thank you, TD. Sadly, I believe that TM (and her ilk) would rather government brownshirts rob the rest of us at gunpoint so that she won't have to feel bad about hungry children.
Thanks again for the info!

American kids denied food stamps in Alabama under immigration law

By Liz Goodwin

Protesters outside the Alabama statehouse in November. (AP/Dave Martin)Some U.S.-born children with parents who are illegal immigrants have been denied food stamps under Alabama's new immigration law, Southern Poverty Law Center President Richard Cohen told Yahoo News on Monday.
American kids denied food stamps in Alabama under immigration law | The Lookout - Yahoo! News
Just one more reason why automatic birthright citizenship should be repealed. Illegal aliens are getting welfare when they children get it. No fair and not right.
And yet those same stupid mother fuckers vote republican?

Either the vote is rigged in these super red states or the citizens are really stupid.

More cuts should befall Alabamans

The reason why they don't give out food stamps in Alabama is that they ran out of them. You have to just stop being so Oliver Twist about it.

This is like when shelters run out of spaces for abandoned puppies after every xmas.

The solution is more abortions and more sterilizations.

By Liz Goodwin

Protesters outside the Alabama statehouse in November. (AP/Dave Martin)Some U.S.-born children with parents who are illegal immigrants have been denied food stamps under Alabama's new immigration law, Southern Poverty Law Center President Richard Cohen told Yahoo News on Monday.
American kids denied food stamps in Alabama under immigration law | The Lookout - Yahoo! News
Just one more reason why automatic birthright citizenship should be repealed. Illegal aliens are getting welfare when they children get it. No fair and not right.

Either the vote is rigged in these super red states or the citizens are really stupid.

Dude this thread is over 5 years old. This all happened under Obama.

By Liz Goodwin

Dude this thread is over 5 years old. This all happened under Obama.
So what? Looking at them now I think we need to get fiscally conservative with Alabama. Thank god the government is cutting food stamp to alabamians

Forum List

Back