American kids denied food stamps in Alabama

LilOlLady

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2009
Reno, NV
American kids denied food stamps in Alabama under immigration law

By Liz Goodwin

Protesters outside the Alabama statehouse in November. (AP/Dave Martin)Some U.S.-born children with parents who are illegal immigrants have been denied food stamps under Alabama's new immigration law, Southern Poverty Law Center President Richard Cohen told Yahoo News on Monday.
American kids denied food stamps in Alabama under immigration law | The Lookout - Yahoo! News
Just one more reason why automatic birthright citizenship should be repealed. Illegal aliens are getting welfare when they children get it. No fair and not right.

By Liz Goodwin

Protesters outside the Alabama statehouse in November. (AP/Dave Martin)Some U.S.-born children with parents who are illegal immigrants have been denied food stamps under Alabama's new immigration law, Southern Poverty Law Center President Richard Cohen told Yahoo News on Monday.
American kids denied food stamps in Alabama under immigration law | The Lookout - Yahoo! News
Just one more reason why automatic birthright citizenship should be repealed. Illegal aliens are getting welfare when they children get it. No fair and not right.

Good, kick the illegals out. If the kids want to stay put them in Foster care.

They'll just move to another state that has less rigid laws, like California. I live in Birmingham and alot of illegals are leaving however most of them are not going back to Mexico, they are going to states with less rigid immigration laws.

They'll just move to another state that has less rigid laws, like California. I live in Birmingham and alot of illegals are leaving however most of them are not going back to Mexico, they are going to states with less rigid immigration laws.

You mean looking for better ways to scam the system and where hand outs are better.

You mean looking for better ways to scam the system and where hand outs are better.

Basically, yes, and there are plenty of states willing to accomodate them, the illegals from Alabama may be your new neighbors soon.:(

By Liz Goodwin

Good, kick the illegals out. If the kids want to stay put them in Foster care.

Hell no, we got enough kids in foster care. They go with their parents if they are underage children and are working. They are also Mexican citizens via their parents.

Is an Anchor Baby blessed with DUAL Citizenship?

In 1998, Mexico changed its law to allow Mexican nationals and their children to have dual citizenship. they just have to apply for it here. (i have dual citizenship of US and Mexico)

Is an Anchor Baby blessed with DUAL Citizenship?

Deport them with their parents. If I dumped my child at the welfare office, they would charge me with child abandonment. What kind of parent would dump their children in foster care subject to abuse and neglect. Not I.

Deportations Leave Behind Thousands Of Children In Foster Care
An unprecedented increase in the deportation of undocumented immigrants has left an estimated 5,100 children languishing in U.S. foster homes -- a troubling figure that could triple in the coming years, according to a November report from a New York-based advocacy group.
Deportations Leave Behind Thousands Of Children In Foster Care

This is not about deportation or illegals. Its about hungry children. Yes, they're BROWN children but children nonetheless.

I'm repulsed by the rw's in our country. They've become less than human. They're just mindless animals, no real brain at work and certainly nothing like human compassion or caring.

What disgusting sub-human scum-creatures they are.

That's sad. What is wrong with Alabama that they'd punish American children?

Yes, these are American children and Alabama is denying any knowledge
of them being refused food stamps...They insist it is not the proper policy.

Five people have called into the group's Alabama hotline to say they were denied food stamps because they couldn't prove they were legal residents, even though the food stamps are for their children, who are citizens.

The law makes it a felony for a government employee to engage in "business transactions" with illegal immigrants, which some government employees have interpreted very broadly. Illegal immigrants have been told they can't pay their utility bills or even their taxes because it would count as a "transaction" with the government, according to Cohen.

Barry Spear, a spokesman for Alabama's Department of Human Services, said in an email to Yahoo News that it is not the agency's policy to demand proof of citizenship from the guardians of Americans who need food stamps. "We are unaware of any violations of the policy," Spear said.

Last edited:
That's sad. What is wrong with Alabama that they'd punish American children?

Yes, these are American children and Alabama is denying any knowledge
of them being refused food stamps...They insist it is not the proper policy.

Five people have called into the group's Alabama hotline to say they were denied food stamps because they couldn't prove they were legal residents, even though the food stamps are for their children, who are citizens.

The law makes it a felony for a government employee to engage in "business transactions" with illegal immigrants, which some government employees have interpreted very broadly. Illegal immigrants have been told they can't pay their utility bills or even their taxes because it would count as a "transaction" with the government, according to Cohen.

Barry Spear, a spokesman for Alabama's Department of Human Services, said in an email to Yahoo News that it is not the agency's policy to demand proof of citizenship from the guardians of Americans who need food stamps. "We are unaware of any violations of the policy," Spear said.

I hope that is true.

So let me get this straight.

Some of us are proud that Alabama is willing to let kids go hungry?

Okay, so noted.

Every one of those children are likely dual citizens of their parent's home country. They can all pack up and go home.

Food stamps are not meant to provide all food but only to supplemnt food supply. Those who are working should not need food stamps and illegal aleins are thought to be hard working people who are doing jobs american will not do. My daughter has to work three jobs to feed her children and she do not get food stamps. IF they are not working and taking care of their families they should be deported.

Forum List

Back