American kids are the dumbest in the world yet liberals support the status quo..????

The majority of dumb Americans are more lazy than unintelligent and live in a society where excelling in school earns you the nerd label, and all the wedgies that come with it.

Yeah and jerks like Romney give the wedgies.

Wrong....Romney would hire someone to give the wedgie.

Then he could fire him and be innocent and smile.

Money is a wonderful thing ain't it.....

This is so strange. Our science is the best in the world. But in Red States, they want to include mysticism into the science class and only a tiny 6% of scientists are Republican.

The most strange. If you do any searches, you can find scientific organizations made up of blacks, Hispanics, gays and other minorities. But you can't find a single one of "conservative white scientists" or "Republican scientists".

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/29/opinion/republicans-against-science.html

The reason blacks and Hispanics and others make these organization is to encourage youngsters to develop the same interest in science they have. Only Republicans have no interest. Except to corrupt science. That's their plan. Corrupt science.

a liberal smart enough to change the subject rather than defend the liberal status quo that has made our kids the dumbest in the civilized world

I agree that many children of the conservatives are the dumbest in the civilized world. Their parents insist:

GOP Opposes Critical Thinking: Party platform paints original ideas as a liberal conspiracy - The Austin Chronicle

"Knowledge-Based Education – We oppose the teaching of Higher Order Thinking Skills (HOTS) (values clarification), critical thinking skills and similar programs that are simply a relabeling of Outcome-Based Education (OBE) (mastery learning) which focus on behavior modification and have the purpose of challenging the student’s fixed beliefs and undermining parental authority."

MMmmm, many of the southern states are 30-40 percent you know what. Don't just blame it on the white republicans. LOL.:eusa_boohoo: You look at the test scores and you will find this is so.

We are 14th. Not the dumbest, but places like Canada, the uk, Australia, and every major Asian nation are kicking are butts.

Compare populations, government control of both education AND the so called test "results"; PLUS the percentage of the populace that remains in school past age 12, then write about it.

wow

someone using logic? ^ :clap2:

Last edited:
This is so strange. Our science is the best in the world. But in Red States, they want to include mysticism into the science class and only a tiny 6% of scientists are Republican.

The most strange. If you do any searches, you can find scientific organizations made up of blacks, Hispanics, gays and other minorities. But you can't find a single one of "conservative white scientists" or "Republican scientists".

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/29/opinion/republicans-against-science.html

The reason blacks and Hispanics and others make these organization is to encourage youngsters to develop the same interest in science they have. Only Republicans have no interest. Except to corrupt science. That's their plan. Corrupt science.

your link is an opinion piece and not scientific

because it is so embarrassing to admit their government programs have failed. It would be like Castro admitting his government programs had failed. To a liberal its better to watch people die than admit to failure.

A voucher system would obviously produce constant capitalistic pressure toward improvement.

The voucher system only improves upon a bad system. It's a compromise I guess though. We need to get government out of education.

Education, intellectual curiosity, creativity and a lust for learning... none of these are at all valued in this country. Materialism, celebrity and vapid, mindless entertainment are the only things most Americans seem to pay attention to - just look at our disposeable society, pop music and fast food - all garbage. That is why our kids are the way they are.

The voucher system only improves upon a bad system. It's a compromise I guess though. We need to get government out of education.

I'd rather have our elected government running it than the children's marketing dept. of McDonalds... Don't you see, that's where privately sponsored schools are heading??? Corporations are even printing textbooks. Check out "Fast Food Nation".

From the perspective of a company that does business internationally:

Americans are lazy drug addicts who are always looking for a reason to sue and retire at 25 with their tort lotto funds.

Interviewing an American is never pleasant. Personal time is more important than job requirements. How long do I have to work before I get a raise is a common question. Tell them salary increases are by merit and the applicant might just get up and walk out. Tell them drug testing is mandatory and random, the interview is over for well over half.

The majority of dumb Americans are more lazy than unintelligent and live in a society where excelling in school earns you the nerd label, and all the wedgies that come with it.

yes and the liberal solution is the liberal union status quo! Its touching the way these treasonous liberal devils love our kids so much!!

1. There are a lot of liberals opposed to the status quo (look at Fenty/Rhee in DC for example).
2. Saying the status quo is doing poorly doesn't mean a proposed alternative is better. A Pinto is far from the best car on the road, but removing its tires won't make it better.

The status quo is supported because a lot of people in government benefit from preserving it and politicians get support both politically and financially by keeping it propped up. That is why public sector unions should have never been allowed to exist and why FDR warned us about allowing it. The public school system today does not exist for the benefit of American children; it exists for the benefit of public school employees.

Support for the status quo has nothing to do with "a lot of people in government" benefiting. If the unions were really the cause of school failure, states under the control of anti-union forces would have the best education systems. Turns out that's not true. The status quo remains because:

1. While people feel like the system sucks overall, most people give high marks to their local schools.
2. People aren't willing to pay higher taxes so that schools can afford to pay teachers higher salaries. Teaching requires a lot of training. Lots of training plus low wages isn't a recipe to recruit the best and brightest in the profession.
3. People are opposed to other types of reforms that would improve outcomes (year-round schooling, tracking, etc.).

"Burn her!!! Let her burn!!!!" Ahh, those were the days, right?

no idea what your subject is, let alone your point. Do you have any idea????????????

See why we are 100% positive a liberal will be slow, very very slow!!!

Ed, your a dick and that's about it. You show your ignorance rather well for a private school graduate. Oh, your not a graduate?

You show your ignorance rather well

ignorance?? if so why be so afraid to show your best example???
What does your fear tell you about your IQ and character??

Hardly is ranting about a debate. i won't debate any issue with you as long as you need to overuse the hyperbole.

translation: As a liberal I always lose when I debate a conservative so I try to change the subject and hope no one will notice!!

Education, intellectual curiosity, creativity and a lust for learning... none of these are at all valued in this country. Materialism, celebrity and vapid, mindless entertainment are the only things most Americans seem to pay attention to - just look at our disposeable society, pop music and fast food - all garbage. That is why our kids are the way they are.

I agree with you...This society must become one that values personal advancement or we're in deep shit.

I agree with you...This society must become one that values personal advancement or we're in deep shit.

actually to advance we need more capitalism and less liberalism.

actually to advance we need more capitalism and less liberalism.

Using your "logic", Liberals (Obama administration) bailed out many of the Capitalists (banks, GM) and they are making more money than they've ever done...could it possibly be a bit more complicated than your simplistic theories can account for?

From the perspective of a company that does business internationally:

Americans are lazy drug addicts who are always looking for a reason to sue and retire at 25 with their tort lotto funds.

Interviewing an American is never pleasant. Personal time is more important than job requirements. How long do I have to work before I get a raise is a common question. Tell them salary increases are by merit and the applicant might just get up and walk out. Tell them drug testing is mandatory and random, the interview is over for well over half.

I remember reading how American workers waste about 2 hours each workday. Plus, they often call in sick and receive sick leave pay even though they were not the least bit ill. They look upon the company as the enemy and do as little work as they can get away with. Today's workforce is not nearly as motivated and committed as those in decades past.

Forum List

Back