American journalism is collapsing before our eyes

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
A “journalist” unloads on a biased media? Where's this coming from? He probably went to a liberal college to learn his “trade” and then turns his back on what he was taught. Heresy.

The largest broadcast networks — CBS, NBC and ABC — and major newspapers like the New York Times and Washington Post have jettisoned all pretense of fair play. Their fierce determination to keep Trump out of the Oval Office has no precedent.

Indeed, no foreign enemy, no terror group, no native criminal gang suffers the daily beating that Trump does. The mad mullahs of Iran, who call America the Great Satan and vow to wipe Israel off the map, are treated gently by comparison.

I note this - “the largest broadcast networks” makes me wonder. Really? For the week of Aug 15. 2016, here is the viewership:

NBC = 9.8 million (Olympics?)

ABC = 7.8 million

CBS = 6.2 million

I have no idea how many watched Fox and CNN but I'm sure it was a lot more. And there are no sources about how many get their “news” through social media.

Story @ http://nypost.com/2016/08/21/american-journalism-is-collapsing-before-our-eyes/

Oh brother…

The guy has gone through 3 campaign managers, flip flopped on every major issue, insulted nearly every voting block there is and you guys blame the media.

Trump vs. the Establishment
Trump vs. the Establishment

Actually, some of those tricks were already under way against Trump before the Politico article appeared. One of the 1964 slime attacks employed the favorite libel of liberals, that conservatives and Republicans are racist KKKers. (The inconvenient reality is that, historically, it has been the Democratic Party and Democratic politicians that have been most closely associated with the Ku Klux Klan.) Myers and Wright led the team that filmed LBJ’s commercial featuring a KKK cross-burning with voice-over endorsements of Goldwater. Over the past several months, Big Media reporters and commentators have been churning and rechurning a contrived non-story: that Donald Trump received a KKK endorsement that he did not “immediately” disavow. Why is that a contrived non-story? Well, for several reasons. First of all, there’s good reason to believe that this is a “political stunt,” which is to say that it is very likely that the whole “endorsement” was a set-up by Trump’s opposition to create precisely that slime effect it is having — or that they hope it is having.

The Myers-Wright LBJ hitmen parlayed the KKK smear into another infamous ad known as “Confessions of a Republican,” a four-minute monologue in which actor William Bogert, posing as a lifelong Republican coming from a long family history of Republicans, worriedly explained that Goldwater “scares me.” “When the head of the Ku Klux Klan, when all these weird groups, come out in favor of the candidate of my party — either they’re not Republicans, or I’m not,” Bogert said.

Truth be told, Bogert was/is a Republican In Name Only (a RINO), as his most recent performances confirm. The 80-year-old actor has been trotted out by Team Hillary and her media allies over the past several months to reprise his anti-Goldwater “Confessions” against the current Republican presidential nominee. As the Republican National Convention was getting under way in Cleveland this past July, the Clinton campaign released a new ad featuring Bogert replaying his 1964 role and explaining why Trump “scares me.” However, before the Clinton/Bogert spot was actually run as a commercial, Bogert was featured in friendly interviews with CNN’s Don Lemon and MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow, and in articles for Time, U.S. News & World Report, and other similar organs, where he has invariably been presented as a “moderate” Republican, the same as in 1964.

But how “moderate” is a Republican who can support left-wing “Progressive” Democrat Lyndon Johnson in 1964 and left-wing “Progressive” Democrat Hillary Clinton in 2016? Rather, Bogert, like other (real or alleged) Republicans jumping on the anti-Trump/pro-Clinton bandwagon, may be best described as a “Rockefeller Republican.” That was a much-used and well-understood political term in the 1960s and 1970s, and still is a very relevant label today describing the pro-Big Government, liberal-left, globalist, one-world GOP operatives that masquerade as “moderates.” Specifically, it referred to the elitist wing of the GOP led by Nelson Rockefeller (governor of New York, 1959-1973, and vice president, 1974-1977). Nelson, the scion of the ultra-rich Rockefeller banking dynasty and a perennial presidential wannabe, was ignominiously defeated by Goldwater in the 1964 primaries. But for those in the know, “Rockefeller Republican” more accurately described (and still describes) the GOP leaders and agents associated with the “Eastern Establishment” presided over by Nelson’s brother David, then chairman of the Chase Manhattan Bank, as well as chairman of the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR), the “brain trust” of the Eastern Establishment.

Dominant Political Desires

Dr. Quigley, a professor of history at Princeton, Harvard, and Georgetown Universities, and a mentor of Bill Clinton, was one of the rare academics who was privileged to study the “secret records” of the Council on Foreign Relations and the “network of power” of which it is a key component.

“There does exist,” wrote Quigley, “and has existed for a generation, an international Anglophile network which operates, to some extent, in the way the radical Right believes the Communists act. In fact, this network, which we may identify as the Round Table Groups, has no aversion to cooperating with the Communists, or any other groups, and frequently does so.” The chief Round Table Groups to which he refers are the CFR (in the United States) and the Royal Institute of International Affairs (RIIA, also known as Chatham House, in Britain). “I know of the operations of this network,” Quigley explained, “because I have studied it for twenty years and was permitted for two years, in the early 1960’s, to examine its papers and secret records.” “I have no aversion to it or to most of its aims and have, for much of my life, been close to it and to many of its instruments,” he continued. “I have objected, both in the past and recently, to a few of its policies … but in general my chief difference of opinion is that it wishes to remain unknown, and I believe its role in history is significant enough to be known.”

Indeed, now more than ever, the role of this secretive power network “is significant enough to be known.” But, unfortunately, far too few are courageous enough to truly “speak truth to power” and expose the increasing stranglehold it exercises over our entire nation, and much of the planet.

Hillary Rodham Clinton’s close ties to the globalist establishment, particularly as embodied in its chief operations arm, the CFR, explains why the world government lobby — both Republicans and Democrats — has rushed to her aid and is viciously attacking Trump. By both word and deed, she has proven herself to be a thoroughgoing internationalist, an anti-national sovereignty one-worlder. Although she is not herself a CFR member, her daughter, Chelsea, and husband, Bill, are both members. However, official membership is a mere formality that she, undoubtedly, is forgoing for the time being to avoid needless controversy. Like Bill, she is certain to become an official member when it is expedient. In the meantime, she has left no doubts as to where she stands, having infamously lauded the CFR for guiding the U.S. State Department in “what we should be doing and how we should think,” and having referred to Pratt House, the CFR headquarters in New York City, as “the mother ship.”

Those paeans of praise came from Hillary Clinton during a July 2009 speech she delivered at the CFR’s new Washington, D.C., headquarters, while she was still serving as President Obama’s secretary of state. She was introduced by her “good friend,” CFR President Richard Haass, who leads the organization’s calls for “global governance” and regularly supports ceding U.S. national sovereignty to international bodies. (Naturally, he is also harshly critical of Trump.)

Following her introduction by Haass, Secretary Clinton made this remarkable admission:

Thank you very much, Richard, and I am delighted to be here in these new headquarters. I have been often to, I guess, the mother ship in New York City, but it’s good to have an outpost of the Council right here down the street from the State Department. We get a lot of advice from the Council, so this will mean I won’t have as far to go to be told what we should be doing and how we should think about the future.

As U.S. senator for New York and secretary of state, Hillary Rodham Clinton has reliably promoted the CFR “mother ship’s” agenda: the UN’s International Criminal Court, the UN’s Small Arms Treaty, the UN’s Convention on the Rights of the Child, the UN’s Law of the Sea Treaty, the UN’s population control and sexual perversion agenda, the World Trade Organization, the Trans-Pacific Partnership, the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership, and much more. She has also pushed many of these same (and related) programs through the Bill and Hillary Clinton Foundation, while also enriching herself under the guise of philanthropy.

Clinton’s words and deeds more than confirm the severe critique of the organization by the late Admiral Chester Ward, who was himself a CFR member for nearly two decades. Admiral Ward, writing in 1977 on the powerful control the private and secretive CFR exercises over official U.S. policy, noted:

Once the ruling members of CFR have decided that the U.S. Government should adopt a particular policy, the very substantial research facilities of CFR are put to work to develop arguments, intellectual and emotional, to support the new policy, and to confound and discredit, intellectually and politically, any opposition. The most articulate theoreticians and ideologists prepare related articles, aided by the research, to sell the new policy and to make it appear inevitable and irresistible. By following the evolution of this propaganda in the most prestigious scholarly journal in the world, Foreign Affairs, anyone can determine years in advance what the future defense and foreign policies of the United States will be. If a certain proposition is repeated often enough in that journal, then the U.S. Administration in power — be it Republican or Democratic — begins to act as if that proposition or assumption were an established fact.

Admiral Ward, a former judge advocate general of the U.S. Navy and a CFR member from 1959-1977, became one of the organization’s chief critics. According to Ward, the goal of the CFR is the “submergence of U.S. sovereignty and national independence into an all-powerful one-world government.” He charged that “this lust to surrender the sovereignty and independence of the United States is pervasive throughout most of the membership.” The CFR elite and their allied globalists in the RIIA, the Trilateral Commission, the Bilderberg Group, the Brookings Institution , the Aspen Institute, the Ford Foundation, and other internationalist centers, have for decades referred to their world government plans as the New World Order.

The roadblock of national sovereignty, and specifically the U.S. Constitution with its structural checks and balances, is standing in the way of this grand scheme. This is why, Admiral Ward noted, “In the entire CFR lexicon, there is no term of revulsion carrying a meaning so deep as ‘America First.’”

Trying to Tame Trump

It was Goldwater’s “America First” philosophy that caused the CFR establishment to unleash the hellish hordes of Mordor against him, and it is Trump’s “America First” comments that have, likewise, sent the orchestrated waves of revulsion crashing upon him from the globalist chorus. . .

Forum List

Back