"American Jesus" . . . Huh?!

And if Jesus came back looking like He did back in the day, you right wing assholes would be calling Him a hippy and a communist.
Then he would strike them with blindness and toss them into hell.

And there will be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Who did Christ strike blind and send to hell, ever, and wouldn't that be a stupid thing to do, knowing that He would be paying for that exact sin very soon?
The wailing and gnashing of teeth has 0 to do with Christ's salvation of our souls. If they are wailing in Heaven, then they made it. Something else has caused their grief. Leading His sheep astray will cause preachers and Bible teachers, who are not permitted in the inner city, to wail. In Heaven.
And yes, some would call Him a hippy and a communist. Then He would show them the holes in His hands and forgive them, and say, Blessed are the ones I didn't have to prove myself to....

And if Jesus came back looking like He did back in the day, you right wing assholes would be calling Him a hippy and a communist.

Who did Christ strike blind and send to hell, ever, and wouldn't that be a stupid thing to do, knowing that He would be paying for that exact sin very soon?
The wailing and gnashing of teeth has 0 to do with Christ's salvation of our souls. If they are wailing in Heaven, then they made it. Something else has caused their grief. Leading His sheep astray will cause preachers and Bible teachers, who are not permitted in the inner city, to wail. In Heaven.
And yes, some would call Him a hippy and a communist. Then He would show them the holes in His hands and forgive them, and say, Blessed are the ones I didn't have to prove myself to....

Right and God became a little baby boy in diapers on christmas morning and all the angels were singing.

When will you be done with all of that maudlin crap?

Sober up dear, tomorrow is already here.

Right and God became a little baby boy in diapers on christmas morning and all the angels were singing.

When will you be done with all of that maudlin crap?

Sober up dear, tomorrow is already here.
You know who believes that? JW's.

God was plenty happy filling hell up for thousands of years. But hell, what an I doing debating an ancient, fictional story anyways.

And poorly, I might add. You just accused someone in whom you don't believe of committing machinations against the human race. :eusa_doh:
If he does exist, then he’s a sick, death worshipping monster

He defeated death. He is a life giving gentle soul, willing to die in our place. And provide His blood as a gift to cover anyone who accepts it. Bad, bad Jesus to spend His life on earth healing and forgiving....
Jesus is an admirable character. But his pop is a psychopathic murderer. Too bad Jesus’ teachings have no bearing on the 100+ million strong evangelical plague that infects this country.

My Father and I are one. As Jesus is, so is Pop. Our Father is so in love with His children that from the very beginning, He forgave us WHILE we were sinning. <That quick to forgive He is. There were no 600+ rules and regulations given to Adam and Eve.
These rules that send you to hell if you break one, apply to one group and one group only. The Jews that bet God they could be righteous on their own and asked for the Law to prove they could keep it. God gave it to the haughty Jews that came out of Egypt, just as they asked for. BUT ONLY TO THEM. Not to Adam, not to Abraham, not to us.
They turned a forgiving Father into a by the book Judge. He didn't like that role and said so. Emanuel came to fulfill the Law for the Jews so that God could go back to a loving and forgiving on the spot Father, in their case A new covenant. The Jews said, "No thank you." The Gentiles said, "Please." And so we were grafted in to the new covenant that is Christ.
I give that story a 2 out of 5. Not very compelling.

IF the kid is really Jesus reincarnated ...

that's probably their way of expressing that religion without breaking copyright laws ... the same as was done in the 4th century to the original religion of Antiquity.

the christians get a little of their own medicine and they cry like babies.

I can always count on you to mindlessly mouth the word "antiquity" while saying something that makes utterly no sense. I should have taken bets on it.
I can always count on you to mindlessly mouth the word "antiquity" while saying something that makes utterly no sense. I should have taken bets on it.

I should have taken bets on it ...

Antiquity denotes the true religion of the 1st century as opposed to the 4th century political agenda disguised as a religion you use to justify the irresponsibility you claim for your own behavior.

the American Jesus would not exist but for your own misguided principles. embracing your own medicine may even work to help cure your own spirit.

Not if, but when. His mission the first time was to remove the condemnation of our sins from us. He was our sacrificial Lamb. He will not a Lamb on his next and final trip, but a Lion of the Tribe of Judah. His mission will be to prevent us from destroying all life on earth. He'll be staying next time...
His mission the first time was to remove the condemnation of our sins from us.

you can only do that yourself, Ram the mission was simply for all humanity, the assent of innocents. and was murderer, the perpetrators are yet to be brought to justice there will be no peace till they are. they have ruled long enough.

Title a film "American Jesus" and Democrats will go nuts deciding whether to go see it because, to them, it's obviously an Obama biopic......or whether to protest it because of that hateful word "Jesus".

Netflix has put multiple projects based on properties from Mark Millar’s Millarworld into development as original series, Variety has learned.

One of those projects is “American Jesus,” based on the Millarworld comic of the same name. The series follows a twelve-year-old boy who suddenly discovers he’s returned as Jesus Christ. He can turn water into wine, make the crippled walk, and, perhaps, even raise the dead.

Netflix to Develop Series Based on Mark Millar’s ‘American Jesus,’ ‘Jupiter’s Legacy’

'American Jesus' follows a 12-year-old boy who suddenly discovers he’s returned as Jesus Christ. He can turn water into wine, make the crippled walk, and, perhaps, even raise the dead! How will he deal with the destiny to lead the world in a conflict thousands of years in the making?

Mark Millar 1st Netflix Slate Includes TV Series About Reincarnated Jesus

Does anyone else think this is going to be an insultingly disrespectful, theologically illiterate mess, even when you leave aside the entertainment industry's typical lack of curiosity about the realities of Judeo-Christian religion?

I mean, let's just start with what's obvious at the moment: IF the kid is really Jesus reincarnated, why is reincarnation not so much as mentioned in passing in the Bible? Why is it not part of either Judaism or Christianity? Why is it, precisely, that this little scenario bears no resemblance whatsoever to anything in the Bible, and more specifically, in Christ's own teachings?
Isn’t Jesus supposed to come back? Meaning reincarnate?
And if it doesn’t resemble anything in the bible, were you expecting Jesus to come back in a bible outfit given birth to by a supposed virgin...? Or is this just you with a permanent cob up your ass?
No, the Scriptures do not teach reincarnation. They do not say that Christ comes in the flesh. In fact, they say he is in the church; his body is the church.

The cob is yours, mostly because you don't understand Christianity, and also because that faith appears to be the bane of your existence.

But it does say He comes in the flesh, with the body of Christ, the church, right behind Him. He in His glorified bodies and we in ours. His toe is going to touch the Mt. of Olives and the fault underneath will quake. The Jews will cry bitter tears when they see Him, because He is in the same scarred body He left in. He will speak, He will judge, He will forgive, He will take His place among us in Jerusalem. He will keep His mortal body for eternity, and we, the church will be like Him.

that's probably their way of expressing that religion without breaking copyright laws ... the same as was done in the 4th century to the original religion of Antiquity.

Antiquity denotes the true religion of the 1st century as opposed to the 4th century political agenda disguised as a religion you use to justify the irresponsibility you claim for your own behavior.

the American Jesus would not exist but for your own misguided principles. embracing your own medicine may even work to help cure your own spirit.

Ooh, hey, yet another lecture on how your nonsensical post was somehow deep and meaningful.

Saw that coming, too.

Title a film "American Jesus" and Democrats will go nuts deciding whether to go see it because, to them, it's obviously an Obama biopic......or whether to protest it because of that hateful word "Jesus".

No, no, "Jesus" is fantastic to leftists . . . as long as you're not applying it to the actual Messiah.

Who did Christ strike blind and send to hell, ever, .

"For judgment I have come into this world, so that the blind will see and those who see will become blind."

"If you do not remain in me, you are like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up and thrown into the fire "

Ooh, hey, yet another lecture on how your nonsensical post was somehow deep and meaningful.

Saw that coming, too.

Saw that coming, too.

- your nonsensical post ...

recorded history provides the origin for your 4th century book and its political purpose as well its use through the centuries, the deceit is yours to convey it as a religion stemming from the intent of the 1st century.

Netflix has put multiple projects based on properties from Mark Millar’s Millarworld into development as original series, Variety has learned.

One of those projects is “American Jesus,” based on the Millarworld comic of the same name. The series follows a twelve-year-old boy who suddenly discovers he’s returned as Jesus Christ. He can turn water into wine, make the crippled walk, and, perhaps, even raise the dead.

Netflix to Develop Series Based on Mark Millar’s ‘American Jesus,’ ‘Jupiter’s Legacy’

'American Jesus' follows a 12-year-old boy who suddenly discovers he’s returned as Jesus Christ. He can turn water into wine, make the crippled walk, and, perhaps, even raise the dead! How will he deal with the destiny to lead the world in a conflict thousands of years in the making?

Does anyone else think this is going to be an insultingly disrespectful, theologically illiterate mess, even when you leave aside the entertainment industry's typical lack of curiosity about the realities of Judeo-Christian religion?

I mean, let's just start with what's obvious at the moment: IF the kid is really Jesus reincarnated, why is reincarnation not so much as mentioned in passing in the Bible? Why is it not part of either Judaism or Christianity? Why is it, precisely, that this little scenario bears no resemblance whatsoever to anything in the Bible, and more specifically, in Christ's own teachings?

Relax, it’s a tv show meant to entertain.

You would have to believe in something to comprehend why that's offensive. I'm pretty sure Netflix understands the concept perfectly.

So your a snowflake Christian, understood.

Relax, it’s a tv show meant to entertain.

You would have to believe in something to comprehend why that's offensive. I'm pretty sure Netflix understands the concept perfectly.

So your a snowflake Christian, understood.

Sorry, you’re a snowflake Christian.

And if it doesn’t resemble anything in the bible, were you expecting Jesus to come back in a bible outfit given birth to by a supposed virgin...? Or is this just you with a permanent cob up your ass?
No, the Scriptures do not teach reincarnation. They do not say that Christ comes in the flesh. In fact, they say he is in the church; his body is the church.

The cob is yours, mostly because you don't understand Christianity, and also because that faith appears to be the bane of your existence.
So Jesus isn't coming back for real? What a BUMMER!!!!

But it does say He comes in the flesh, with the body of Christ, the church, right behind Him. He in His glorified bodies and we in ours. His toe is going to touch the Mt. of Olives and the fault underneath will quake. The Jews will cry bitter tears when they see Him, because He is in the same scarred body He left in. He will speak, He will judge, He will forgive, He will take His place among us in Jerusalem. He will keep His mortal body for eternity, and we, the church will be like Him.
Do you listen to yourself? Mortal bodies are not eternal.

And what passage says he returns in the flesh?

So Jesus isn't coming back for real? What a BUMMER!!!!
You can breathe easy now.

Do you listen to yourself? Mortal bodies are not eternal.

And what passage says he returns in the flesh?

Where the vultures gather, there lies the corpse.

Forum List

Back