American Freedoms and Liberties.................

"b0xcar*girl*

Jun 19, 2009
Gosport, Indiana
Isn't it rather rediculous and absurd that we should begin to tell people they can't speak out AGAINST something they personally don't agree with??????? Like homosexuality????? Or abortion?????? Or big givernment??????

How about telling people that they can perform abortions or else sit in jail?????

Isn't this supposed to be a free country, where we can hold our own opinions, and speak our minds in a more or less civil manner?????

Doesn't this philosophy defeat America's very purpose???????

Wouldn't that be becomming just about like Iran, and other countries where we actually encourage them to speak their minds, and to an extent rebel???????

Just wondering.................

Who is stifling your free speech?

And of course just because you disagree with something (like abortion or homosexuality) doesnt mean that it is not a right of another person and shouldnt be protected.

Obama is Bill O, that's who!

Just look at what took place to those who dared to question him.

Well said Elizabeth!

Well said Elizabeth!

Damn, you know! I guess our evil plot to put political dissenters of Obama in Alaskan "gulags" payed for by stimulus funds has been discovered.

But seriously who is really trying to stifle your free speech? There are consequences to what you say. I mean look at the Dixie Chicks who said some shit about Bush in London and all the shit they caught for it afterwards. If people who had previously bought their material no longer wanted to simply because the Dixie Chicks pissed of about 80% of their music base then thats their right. So were ensuing boycotts and demonstrations where the bulldozed Dixie Chick's albums attacks against free speech that defeat America's very purpose? Hardly. But those who threatened or issued death threats are outright idiots.

Last edited:

Well said Elizabeth!

Republicans are questioning him ALL the time. What exactly has happened to them? I mean they are losing electorally, but yeah thats a consequence of trying to block any and all legislation that comes down the pike.

Who is stifling your free speech?

And of course just because you disagree with something (like abortion or homosexuality) doesnt mean that it is not a right of another person and shouldnt be protected.

Nobody right now, but I guess it is supposed to go up for discussion in Congress and what not.

Lots of things in life we think are "rights" are actually preversions of nature (I am not just referring to any on thing here) we have set out to "protect" and "justify" beccause people have no common sence, morality or concept of a greater power than themselves (in other words, God).

Also, why is it one has to walk on ice in regards to race, sexuality, religion, etc., but when "Christians" decide something is morally wrong or incorrect, we are supposed to shut up and "love one another"???????????????

Sorry, but I just don't get it.

The gay "community" can talk and hollar all they please, and so can the abortionists, and we bow the knee to them, but when Christans want to put up a Nativity scene in a mall at Christmas time, or display the Ten Commandments, it's considered "offensive". Well, pardon me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe worshiping Buddah, or killing innocent folks in the name of Allah offends me, but I'm told to KEEP QUIET!!!!!!!!!!!

Freedom of religion and speech my foot.

Now I will clarify that I think Christians are obligated to do things in the proper way, and not rejoice when abortionists are killed, or damn people to burning fire nad brimstone. I told somebody on here that if that is their way of converting Christians, they had better start recondsidering.

The problem is Christians have a bad reputation because they argue all the time about petty things, cheat on wives/husbands, and steal like any other joe. I will say that as a majority we have the tendency not to look any different that anybody else. Hypocrites don't have many convincing statements.

Sorry I hopped on my soap box there earlier.

Americans are fucking idiots ( just like people in other parts of the world )

We were given these rights that people elsewhere could only dream of and we just piss them away.

We don't have free speech any more.

I recently said "FUCK ISRAEL" in a thread and the whole thread was deleted. Some free speech.

What we have in this motherfucker is freedom to agree with the establishment.

And yes, JEWS ARE HALF THE PROBLEM !

Last edited:
Nobody right now, but I guess it is supposed to go up for discussion in Congress and what not.

Are you talking about the hate speech bill? If you give a speech about homosexuality being wrong or immoral, that wouldn't be illegal according to the new bill. If you give a speech telling people that homosexuals should be killed or beaten, then you would be committing a crime, if the bill passes. It doesn't matter where you are, so if you are in a church and preach that homosexuals should be killed, then you are breaking the law. Does that seem like its infringing on your freedom of speech or does it sound like protection against someone fomenting violence against a group of people simply because of who they are?

Lots of things in life we think are "rights" are actually preversions of nature (I am not just referring to any on thing here)

Other than your opinion of homosexuality, to what are you referring?

we have set out to "protect" and "justify" beccause people have no common sence, morality or concept of a greater power than themselves (in other words, God).

Do you really think you have the authority to say that people have no common sense, no morality, and no concept of a greater power than themselves except those people who believe in God? Do you realize how arrogant that statement is?

Also, why is it one has to walk on ice in regards to race, sexuality, religion, etc., but when "Christians" decide something is morally wrong or incorrect, we are supposed to shut up and "love one another"???????????????

When has that ever happened. You can go to your local Family Planning and shout at the women who arrive that they are committing murder and no one can do anything to stop you! You can go out on the street with a sign that says "God hates homosexuals!" or "All fags go to Hell!" and you can't legally be stopped from doing so. You could even do the same about black people and your sign could say the "N" word. There is no law in this nation against bigotry. Its perfectly legal to BE a bigot, its just not legal to practice it. Kinda like pedophilia.

Sorry, but I just don't get it.

Obviously not. I think you are listening to too much Limbaugh, Hannity, Beck, and rightwing conservatives and not exposing yourself much to what you have been taught against.

The gay "community" can talk and hollar all they please, and so can the abortionists,

And so can you.

and we bow the knee to them,

You do? But I thought Prop. 8 passed? Oh, it did. Then what are you complaining about?

but when Christans want to put up a Nativity scene in a mall at Christmas time, or display the Ten Commandments, it's considered "offensive".

Its our right as non-Christians to find Christian things offensive. That doesn't mean the mall has to remove the Nativity Scene. That's up to the Mall, not nonbelievers. And considering the government is not a Christian government and we do not live by the Christians' God's Laws (only 2 of the Ten Commandments are law: Thou Shalt Not Kill - except in the US there are exceptions to THAT Commandment - and Thou Shalt Not Steal) it is an infringement on the Freedom of Religion and the separation of church and state to have the Ten Commandments in a tax-paid-for public place like a courthouse or park.

Well, pardon me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe worshiping Buddah, or killing innocent folks in the name of Allah offends me, but I'm told to KEEP QUIET!!!!!!!!!!!

By whom are you told to keep quiet?

You're playing the victim. Let me just remind you the Christians make up the vast majority or Americans - the last I saw it was something like 74%. Many Christians go to huge multi-million dollar mega churches. You have your own tv stations. And Prop. 8 passed. So whose the victim and who suffers under the tyranny of the majority?

Last edited:

We were given these rights that people elsewhere could only dream of and we just piss them away.

I recently said "FUCK ISRAEL" in a thread and the whole thread was deleted. Some free speech.

Well this forum is not a government run, not a democracy, and you're subject to the discretion of the mods and if they see fit to delete a thread... oh fucking well.

What governmental entity is stifling your free speech?

And, no, the Jews arent half the problem. You're the problem.

Free speech in a private venue is not protected by the feds, smart guy. This is a private board, and the moderators can adjust your posting and delete whatever they like, and that is NOT a violation of your right to free speech. They are not obligated to support your idiocy, nor are they obligated to give up space for your rants on a site they pay for.

Now if you were to get your OWN site, or if you were to use loudspeakers on your own land, or you wanted to print flyers, all those things are defended by the law. So long as they aren't violating the rights of others.

Now go and educated yourself about freedom of speech, and come back when you can talk intelligently about it.

Are you talking about the hate speech bill? If you give a speech about homosexuality being wrong or immoral, that wouldn't be illegal according to the new bill. If you give a speech telling people that homosexuals should be killed or beaten, then you would be committing a crime, if the bill passes. It doesn't matter where you are, so if you are in a church and preach that homosexuals should be killed, then you are breaking the law. Does that seem like its infringing on your freedom of speech or does it sound like protection against someone fomenting violence against a group of people simply because of who they are?

Lots of things in life we think are "rights" are actually preversions of nature (I am not just referring to any on thing here)

Other than your opinion of homosexuality, to what are you referring?

Do you really think you have the authority to say that people have no common sense, no morality, and no concept of a greater power than themselves except those people who believe in God? Do you realize how arrogant that statement is?

When has that ever happened. You can go to your local Family Planning and shout at the women who arrive that they are committing murder and no one can do anything to stop you! You can go out on the street with a sign that says "God hates homosexuals!" or "All fags go to Hell!" and you can't legally be stopped from doing so. You could even do the same about black people and your sign could say the "N" word. There is no law in this nation against bigotry. Its perfectly legal to BE a bigot, its just not legal to practice it. Kinda like pedophilia.

Obviously not. I think you are listening to too much Limbaugh, Hannity, Beck, and rightwing conservatives and not exposing yourself much to what you have been taught against.

And so can you.

You do? But I thought Prop. 8 passed? Oh, it did. Then what are you complaining about?

Its our right as non-Christians to find Christian things offensive. That doesn't mean the mall has to remove the Nativity Scene. That's up to the Mall, not nonbelievers. And considering the government is not a Christian government and we do not live by the Christians' God's Laws (only 2 of the Ten Commandments are law: Thou Shalt Not Kill - except in the US there are exceptions to THAT Commandment - and Thou Shalt Not Steal) it is an infringement on the Freedom of Religion and the separation of church and state to have the Ten Commandments in a tax-paid-for public place like a courthouse or park.

Well, pardon me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe worshiping Buddah, or killing innocent folks in the name of Allah offends me, but I'm told to KEEP QUIET!!!!!!!!!!!

By whom are you told to keep quiet?

You're playing the victim. Let me just remind you the Christians make up the vast majority or Americans - the last I saw it was something like 74%. Many Christians go to huge multi-million dollar mega churches. You have your own tv stations. And Prop. 8 passed. So whose the victim and who suffers under the tyranny of the majority?

Nope, no victim. Just making points. I do not feel sorry for myself one bit.

I refer to human race as the whole in their lack of common sense (including myself), and also, if the United States is 74% Christian, why don't we act like it??????? Need I mention the ACLU?????? Real Christian organization.

Proposition 8 covers what, the whole United States???????????????

Why was the ACLU created, and if free speech/demonstration was so great and wonderful, why do they come knocking on the door every time they hear of something they don't like and raise a suit???????????? It's not the mall........ACLU.

Nope, no victim. Just making points. I do not feel sorry for myself one bit.

Then why are you complaining? Because Christians don't have the most power of any other organization (besides huge multinational corporations like Walmart and BP, etc. etc.) in this country?

I refer to human race as the whole in their lack of common sense (including myself), and also, if the United States is 74% Christian, why don't we act like it???????

What do you mean? Christmas is the biggest holiday in the nation (and the Western World); even the government is closed during Christmas. The military gets Christmas off (except for a few poor bastards in the field, on duty, or out fighting). There are more churches in this country than there are non-profit charity organizations, synagogues, mosques, temples, and homeless shelters all put together. The US is the most Christian country in the industrialized world and it is regarded by all other industrialized nations as just that.

UCB Libraries | GovPubs | Religion Statistics lists numerous studies and statistics on religion in the US.

Need I mention the ACLU?????? Real Christian organization.

Nope, not religious at all. They fight for American civil liberties. What have you got against that?? Also, they aren't a government organization and have no authority outside of the courtroom.

Proposition 8 covers what, the whole United States???????????????

No, but its the biggest population in the US. And California typically sets the standard for the rest of the nation. And that's just one of many examples of legislated Christian beliefs, which is unconstitutional.

Why was the ACLU created, and if free speech/demonstration was so great and wonderful, why do they come knocking on the door every time they hear of something they don't like and raise a suit???????????? It's not the mall........ACLU.

The ACLU was created to ensure that Americans' civil liberties weren't illegally infringed upon or revoked. That doesn't mean they aren't a liberal organization, but that's pretty much the nature of the beast as liberals aren't attempting to revoke anyone's civil liberties. Since Christians are attempting to make edifices in public places to their religion, the ACLU steps in to ensure that the separation between church and state is maintained, otherwise all those who aren't Christian will have their Freedom of Religion inringed upon. No religion in this nation should have preferential authority or power or more importance than any other.

And since a mall is a private place, its the mall owners who are responsible for removing the Christian symbols or message, not the ACLU.

I rest my case, but do not give up my view. Each to his own!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No use arguing with somebody who always has a come-back. I'll think what I think, and you think what you think.

Forum List

Back