American football never got a fair shake in Europe

ginscpy

Sep 10, 2010
Their loss.

What they saw were NFL training camps - not the best players, teams.

At least we didnt try to cram our game down their throats like soccer in America over the past 50 years.

Last edited:
The "American football" is "American" (as the name suggests)

European sport (traditionally, or most popular) is football (or what you call "soccer")

Very few people play "American football" here. The second national sport (at least in France) is the Rugby (and is a little more like your football, and a little more "violent")

also, yesterday held the final of the "Union of European Football Associations Champions League" (Spain against Italy, Spain won 4-0) which is very popular for us, right after "The World Cup" (which is a little like your "Superball")

it was a very very beautiful match!

Last edited:
NFL is just around the corner........................

(they call soccer a "beautifull game" - sounds sort of g ..........)

The "American football" is "American" (as the name suggests)

European sport (traditionally, or most popular) is football (or what you call "soccer")

Very few people play "American football" here. The second national sport (at least in France) is the Rugby (and is a little more like your football, and a little more "violent")

also, yesterday held the final of the "Union of European Football Associations Champions League" (Spain against Italy, Spain won 4-0) which is very popular for us, right after "The World Cup" (which is a little like your "Superball")

it was a very very beautiful match!
The only thing more boring than a Soccer game is ANOTHER Soccer game.

Giant field yet the players can't seem to keep the ball in bounds. Large, oversize goal yet the players can't seem to kick the ball into it.

Typical game ends in a 0-0 or 1-1 tie, how thrilling.

When a goal is made no one can seem to believe it and they run around like they just won 50 billion in a lottery.

I was in Japan when they started the J-League over there and had to import a lot of washed up Euro and South American players. No thanks.

If there was no NFL then I would maybe watch Rugby or Australian Rules Football.

Last edited:
So I think you never saw a "real" soccer game for thinking something like that !

Or not ...

Le last of UEFA (I mentioned above), Spain VS Italia = 4-0.

When a goal is made no one can seem to believe it and they run around like they just won 50 billion in a lottery.
Perhaps simply because it's hard to score a goal ! It's harder than accumulating points as in the "American football"

This is not the same sport my friend ! It's like you said : "When a golfer has come to put the ball in "all in one", it looks like he has win the lottery" no sense !!! Do you think it's easy to do 45-32 in soccer ? Because it's not, it takes a lot of technique, teamwork, having an opportunity, to pierce the defense, etc..

What is this argument seriously ?
"Typical game ends in a 0-0 or 1-1" lol :D

You can say you do not like but not mean it's bad (or worse than the "American football", because this is not the truth)

PS : I personally dont like Soccer (because it's not quite "violent", in the positive sense), or American Football (because it's toooooooo slow for me), I prefer Rugby, but it's my opinion

Last edited:
I've heard people from Europe say there is too much "start stop, start stop" in American Football which is a valid point.

So I think you never saw a "real" soccer game for thinking something like that !

Or not ...

Le last of UEFA (I mentioned above), Spain VS Italia = 4-0.

Perhaps simply because it's hard to score a goal ! It's harder than accumulating points as in the "American football"

This is not the same sport my friend ! It's like you said : "When a golfer has come to put the ball in "all in one", it looks like he has win the lottery" no sense !!! Do you think it's easy to do 45-32 in soccer ? Because it's not, it takes a lot of technique, teamwork, having an opportunity, to pierce the defense, etc..

What is this argument seriously ?
"Typical game ends in a 0-0 or 1-1" lol :D

You can say you do not like but not mean it's bad (or worse than the "American football", because this is not the truth)

PS : I personally dont like Soccer (because it's not quite "violent", in the positive sense), or American Football (because it's toooooooo slow for me), I prefer Rugby, but it's my opinion

That 4-0 score yesterday was a record-breaking performance by Spain, so your argument there is a moot point.

I've always wondered why soccer games have so much hooliganism going on. Riots, fights, even murders. I guess the hooliganism is a bi-product of the fact that the game of soccer is so BORING and TEDIOUS that some of the fans need another "outlet", so they get drunk and fight before, during, and after the game. :razz:

yeah true but who cares. do you really wamt eurpoe following the NFL? Who needs that. They won't get it. Let them have soccer and keep football just American.

The Nips love baseball. What so great has come of that? Ichiro? We could live without him.

Last edited:
Can't expect people who actually enjoy soccer to get football

Who cares if they like it?

Forum List

Back