American Followership and Leftist Hypocrisy

The Rabbi

Diamond Member
Sep 16, 2009
Nashville
So the Obama Administration is waffling on Libya, while Gaddafi bombs and machine guns his own citizens into submission. THe Obamarrhoids are deferring to the UN, which is counciling with NATO, which is consulting with allies, which is...you get the idea.
Meanwhile there is no, none, protest from the Left, the same people who brought you "NOt on our watch-Darfur" posters. Where are those posters? They all went away after the inauguration. Has anything changed in Darfur? No. Did the Left really care about people there? No. Do they care about Libyans? No.

So the Obama Administration is waffling on Libya, while Gaddafi bombs and machine guns his own citizens into submission. THe Obamarrhoids are deferring to the UN, which is counciling with NATO, which is consulting with allies, which is...you get the idea.
Meanwhile there is no, none, protest from the Left, the same people who brought you "NOt on our watch-Darfur" posters. Where are those posters? They all went away after the inauguration. Has anything changed in Darfur? No. Did the Left really care about people there? No. Do they care about Libyans? No.

you can care all you want but the fact of the matter still remains...we have no money to do anything about it. Further more it is none of our business. Lastly think back to when you were raising your children, reading your bible, or some of the good advice you may have received in your life. Do you remember these...You appreciate it more when your work for it yourself, just not having it given to you, i.e. the Libyan peoples demand for reform and freedom. "Personal Responsibility", it is their country let them take responsibility for it.

it is none of our business... "Personal Responsibility", it is their country let them take responsibility for it.

So if I see someone in your house hacking your children to death with a machete, I should stay out of it and keep walking? Or I should shoot the bastard and call an ambulance to try to save your loved ones?

it is none of our business... "Personal Responsibility", it is their country let them take responsibility for it.

So if I see someone in your house hacking your children to death with a machete, I should stay out of it and keep walking? Or I should shoot the bastard and call an ambulance to try to save your loved ones?

depends, do you have to mobilize thousands of troops, spend billions of dollars, and get congress to "pass an act of war" declaration?

So how many dollars are your children's lives worth?

If two of us go in, is that okay? Three? How many people are allowed to try to save your children's lives?

BTW, history's shows that Congress doesn't have to approve all intervention- or colonialism, for that matter

Have we learned nothing from history? The best thing for the US to do is absolutlely nothing, heck we're good at it. I know it sound cruel and disenfranchised but in reality it isn't. The rest of the world just sits around and lets the US jump into every conflict we feel morally obligated to interfere in. By morally obligated I mean where the oil is, Libya has oil...Darfur doesn't, just asking for consistency. We spend billions of dollars and thousands of American lives giving people what we think they want or what we want them to have. Looking at the results of our foriegn policies over the last several decades and the results, i.e. AL Queda, and the rest of the terrorist organizations, we would be better served to stay out of it. The Israel/Palastinian conflict has been going on for decades. These dictators in Syria, Libya, Egypt, Jordan, Suadi Arabia, etc. have been ruling their countries with iron fists for decades as well, yet we do nothing. If we are going to use morality to justify our interference than we must not appear as hypocritical when it comes to the same situation or worse in other countries i.e. Darfur. Other nations will start to worry about their sovreignty if they feel that they are in violation of Americas morality code, or have alot of oil.

So the Obama Administration is waffling on Libya, while Gaddafi bombs and machine guns his own citizens into submission.
Is he "waffling"? What should he be doing?

THe Obamarrhoids are deferring to the UN, which is counciling with NATO, which is consulting with allies, which is...you get the idea.

Yeah we get the idea. He is acting like a responsible world leader.

Meanwhile there is no, none, protest from the Left, the same people who brought you "NOt on our watch-Darfur" posters.

One needs something worthy of protest.

I don't recall the "left" really taking much a position regarding Darfur, either.

Where are those posters? They all went away after the inauguration. Has anything changed in Darfur? No. Did the Left really care about people there? No. Do they care about Libyans? No.

....a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more: it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

you can care all you want but the fact of the matter still remains...we have no money to do anything about it. Further more it is none of our business. Lastly think back to when you were raising your children, reading your bible, or some of the good advice you may have received in your life. Do you remember these...You appreciate it more when your work for it yourself, just not having it given to you, i.e. the Libyan peoples demand for reform and freedom. "Personal Responsibility", it is their country let them take responsibility for it.
We have no money? I thought we were the wealthiest country in the world?
It is plenty of our business. Ghaddafi controls oil. He has had a nuclear weapons program, that he dismantled thanks to the leadership of GW Bush.
Sometimes people need a hand up. The Libyan opposition is in just such a position. They are sacrificing their lives. What more would you want, you raging hypocrite?

Yeah we get the idea. He is acting like a responsible world leader.

It's responsible to sit back and do nothing? It is responsible to slough off responsibility on the UN, NATO, the Russians, GW Bush--anybody else? It is responsible to waffle, announce one thing one day and another a different day?

It is plenty of our business. Ghaddafi controls oil. He has had a nuclear weapons program, that he dismantled thanks to the leadership of GW Bush.
Sometimes people need a hand up. The Libyan opposition is in just such a position. They are sacrificing their lives. What more would you want, you raging hypocrite?

I'm a raging hypocrite?????????
They are sacrificing their lives for their own freedom. It's what they (the Libyans) should be doing. We have been giving the Iraqi's a hand up for years now, along with Afgahnastan. I guess the people in Darfur don't need a hand up???? you raging hypocrite.

They are sacrificing their lives for their own freedom. It's what they (the Libyans) should be doing. We have been giving the Iraqi's a hand up for years now, along with Afgahnastan. I guess the people in Darfur don't need a hand up???? you raging hypocrite.

No, they should be sacrificing the other jerk's life for their freedom.
If we are helping Iraq and Afghanistan why can't we do something for Libya, where we have an actual interest?

If we are helping Iraq and Afghanistan why can't we do something for Libya, where we have an actual interest?
I don't think you going to get much support around here for invading another Arab country. We can't afford what we doing in Iraq and Afghanistan.

I don't think you going to get much support around here for invading another Arab country. We can't afford what we doing in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Who said anything about invading them??

The comparison to Darfur doesn't hold. Calling for sanctions against Sudan is different that supporting a war in Libya. Also, a lot has changed in Darfur. They're currently making slow progress toward a peace agreement. I'll conclude with saying I don't support an invasion and/or bombing of Libya, but think there could be some merit in provide aid, in the form of food and arms, to rebel forces.

I love right wingers insisting Obama should help those people in Libya because they want democracy. Yea, look how much they wanted Democracy in Iraq.

Women no longer have many of the civil rights they were afforded under Saddam Hussein's regime. Sharia law has been written into Iraq's constitution, women have been barred from certain aspects of public life in many parts of the country, women's freedom of movement has been severely curtailed, sex trafficking, prostitution, abductions and assassinations of women have all risen and women in government no longer get a year of maternity leave - that has been cut to six months.

"In general women were living much better off under Saddam," Yanar Mohammed, a women's rights advocate with the Organisation of Women's Freedom in Iraq told The Media Line. "The Iraq that I grew up in was a very modern Iraq and we had basic human rights."

Houzan Mahmoud: Do Iraq's Women Miss Saddam?

1197542277_f.jpg

BAGHDAD - Religious vigilantes have killed at least 40 women this year in Basra because of how they dressed, their mutilated bodies found with notes warning against "violating Islamic teachings," the local police chief said Sunday.

40 women killed over clothing in Iraq

=============================

In the "binary" world of the right wing, it's either "democracy" or "Gaddafi".

There isn't anything in between. Maybe we could be supporting another "Ayatollah". No, it can't be. It's not what the right wing has "imagined".

Comical. More hypocrisy from the Republicans. They complain about how we need to cut spending, yet here you are insulting Obama for not invading another 3rd world country. Not our problem. Let somebody else deal with it.

Forum List

Back