American Followership and Leftist Hypocrisy

Discussion in 'Politics' started by The Rabbi, Mar 13, 2011.

1. The Rabbi

The Rabbi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,215
    So the Obama Administration is waffling on Libya, while Gaddafi bombs and machine guns his own citizens into submission. THe Obamarrhoids are deferring to the UN, which is counciling with NATO, which is consulting with allies, which is...you get the idea.
    Meanwhile there is no, none, protest from the Left, the same people who brought you "NOt on our watch-Darfur" posters. Where are those posters? They all went away after the inauguration. Has anything changed in Darfur? No. Did the Left really care about people there? No. Do they care about Libyans? No.

2. JBeukema

JBeukema BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,705
  3. spectrumc01

spectrumc01 I give you....the TRUTH

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +260
    you can care all you want but the fact of the matter still remains...we have no money to do anything about it. Further more it is none of our business. Lastly think back to when you were raising your children, reading your bible, or some of the good advice you may have received in your life. Do you remember these...You appreciate it more when your work for it yourself, just not having it given to you, i.e. the Libyan peoples demand for reform and freedom. "Personal Responsibility", it is their country let them take responsibility for it.

4. JBeukema

JBeukema BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,705
    So if I see someone in your house hacking your children to death with a machete, I should stay out of it and keep walking? Or I should shoot the bastard and call an ambulance to try to save your loved ones?

5. spectrumc01

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +260
    It sucks when the Democrats apply Republican philosophy to foreign events. It always pisses off the Republicans.

6. spectrumc01

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +260
    depends, do you have to mobilize thousands of troops, spend billions of dollars, and get congress to "pass an act of war" declaration?

7. JBeukema

JBeukema BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,705
    So how many dollars are your children's lives worth?

If two of us go in, is that okay? Three? How many people are allowed to try to save your children's lives?

BTW, history's shows that Congress doesn't have to approve all intervention- or colonialism, for that matter

8. spectrumc01

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +260
    Have we learned nothing from history? The best thing for the US to do is absolutlely nothing, heck we're good at it. I know it sound cruel and disenfranchised but in reality it isn't. The rest of the world just sits around and lets the US jump into every conflict we feel morally obligated to interfere in. By morally obligated I mean where the oil is, Libya has oil...Darfur doesn't, just asking for consistency. We spend billions of dollars and thousands of American lives giving people what we think they want or what we want them to have. Looking at the results of our foriegn policies over the last several decades and the results, i.e. AL Queda, and the rest of the terrorist organizations, we would be better served to stay out of it. The Israel/Palastinian conflict has been going on for decades. These dictators in Syria, Libya, Egypt, Jordan, Suadi Arabia, etc. have been ruling their countries with iron fists for decades as well, yet we do nothing. If we are going to use morality to justify our interference than we must not appear as hypocritical when it comes to the same situation or worse in other countries i.e. Darfur. Other nations will start to worry about their sovreignty if they feel that they are in violation of Americas morality code, or have alot of oil.

9. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,617

10. The Rabbi

The Rabbi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,215
    We have no money? I thought we were the wealthiest country in the world?
    It is plenty of our business. Ghaddafi controls oil. He has had a nuclear weapons program, that he dismantled thanks to the leadership of GW Bush.
    Sometimes people need a hand up. The Libyan opposition is in just such a position. They are sacrificing their lives. What more would you want, you raging hypocrite?