American evangelical Christians seen as impetus behind ..

I think this issue demonstrates that if you go around spewing hate speech against homosexuals or any other group you bear some responsibility if that same group suffers persecution. If you are presenting yourself as some sort of important religious leader from a dominant country to a poorer one more the shame on you for encouraging the kind of climate in which laws like these one have been enacted in Uganda.

Um, they are a threat to the family. They are one of the biggest organized groups trying to destroy it.

:lol::lol:
Where do you come up with this bullshit and why are you spreading that crap?

But I'll bite what exactly are the gays doing that will destroy the family?

Um, they are a threat to the family. They are one of the biggest organized groups trying to destroy it.

By being born.

It's actually the Christian faith that is teaching families to hate their own gay children. How many children are "raised" gay? None, of course. I don't know how many Christians say, "I don't know why they are gay? I didn't raise them that way".

Just for your information, I'm not an evangelical.

He isnt going to accept that two non-evangelicals are here pointing out how foolish he looks. He is just going to chalk it up to some evangelical conspiracy.

Compared to you I look foolish?

Quote:
Listen, American Evangelicals believe the world is only a few thousand years old and "Noah's Ark" was a true historical event. The contamination here, you idiot, is that wacko religion and it's moronic indoctrination.

And because you disagree, somehow you are right and they are wrong? You are making alot of assumptions, the main one being that you cant be wrong.

So, is "Noah's Ark" a true historical event or isn't it?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXGhvoekY44[/ame]

By being born.

It's actually the Christian faith that is teaching families to hate their own gay children. How many children are "raised" gay? None, of course. I don't know how many Christians say, "I don't know why they are gay? I didn't raise them that way".

1. Your changing the subject. The point of this post was to suggest that somehow a law being made in Uganda could be tied to activity in America.
2. People have every right to teach whatever values they please in their homes just as much as homosexuals have every right to be homosexual in the privacy of their own homes. I'm 100% for gay marriage, like I said if that's you, do you. I have no problem with it. But don't subject other people and other people's children to your beliefs because you feel as if someone else's opinion is "hate speech".

Just for your information, I'm not an evangelical.

He isnt going to accept that two non-evangelicals are here pointing out how foolish he looks. He is just going to chalk it up to some evangelical conspiracy.

Compared to who? Someone who has religious beliefs that may not fit in with your perception of the world? Sure, and you call evangelicals bigoted, and they may be, but that's a big stone to throw in a glass house.

:lol: Unless Noah was gay I have to take note of this horrible DODGE of the issue at hand. :clap2:

Let's go back to how evangelicals in America are responsable for a law being made in Uganda...

Compared to who? Someone who has religious beliefs that may not fit in with your perception of the world? Sure, and you call evangelicals bigoted, and they may be, but that's a big stone to throw in a glass house.

:lol: Unless Noah was gay I have to take note of this horrible DODGE of the issue at hand. :clap2:

Let's go back to how evangelicals in America are responsable for a law being made in Uganda...

If Evangelicals go to Uganda and teach hate against gays, repeatedly for years, calling themselves "experts", saying gays are the source of evil in the world and want to destroy their families, their country, their children, then shortly after the last big orgy of gay hatred Uganda enacts a law calling for the death of gays, there is hardly enough evidence to make even a slight connection. Even when the pastor behind the law learned his calling at the Saddle-back church as a protege of Rick Warren? There is still not enough evidence to make the tiniest connection? Is that what you are suggesting?

Last edited by a moderator:
If Evangelicals go to Uganda and teach hate against gays, repeatedly for years, calling themselves "experts", saying gays are the source of evil in the world and want to destroy their families, their country, their children, then shortly after the last big orgy of gay hatred Uganda enacts a law calling for the death of gays, there is hardly enough evidence to make even a slight connection.

First, again I'll make my position clear, one more time and hope you can understand it. These evangelical "experts" do not go anywhere they are no invited. Ugandan preachers have been preaching the same hatred for YEARS. This IS NOT a sudden development in that culture. Your acting as if Uganda was the gay-friendly San Fran-like paradise of Sub-Saharan Africa before American evangelicals showed up. Not the case. Ugandans are responsable for their own laws and their own actions. Period.

Even when the pastor behind the law learned his calling at the Saddle-back church as a protege of Rick Warren? There is still not enough evidence to make the tiniest connection? Is that what you are suggesting?

What I'm suggesting I've re-written above. Check it again, and if your going to come back with the same ol' bullshit they went to Uganda and said some bad things about gays (bigeted or not) so now they're to blame for predjudices that have existed in subsaharan African culture for years... don't bother.

Nope. Not an evangelical either. I just think the choice of words is interesting.

In the minds of you people these evanelicals recommended the death penalty. You will carry that foolish belief to your graves.

Its kind of like the people who think suicide bombers and terrorists are a representation of Islam.

I was just watching Father Corapi on the Religion channel talking about the gays. He said, gay relationships are the greatest danger to American Families. That allowing gays to even have relationships, much less marriage will buckle the foundation of America and cause the nation to go down in flames. That gays were the single greatest threat to American Families and accepting them would destroy all families. I just watched this not 15 minutes ago.

He said second was feminism. Not regular feminism. He believes in equal pay for equal work. No, "radical" feminism where women wanted to be priests and pastors and refused to be led by men.

When religious leaders come out with this inflammatory rhetoric and then parishioners react the way they do, can that pastor say, "Hey, I'm not responsible for that. I didn't tell them to go out and kill. I just said these gays were the greatest danger possible to their wives, their children, their families, their country. Who knew they would react like that?"

By being born.

1. Your changing the subject. The point of this post was to suggest that somehow a law being made in Uganda could be tied to activity in America.
2. People have every right to teach whatever values they please in their homes just as much as homosexuals have every right to be homosexual in the privacy of their own homes. I'm 100% for gay marriage, like I said if that's you, do you. I have no problem with it. But don't subject other people and other people's children to your beliefs because you feel as if someone else's opinion is "hate speech".

Talk about changing the subject. There's a far far gap between letting people live, and not letting them shove values down your throat.

Avatar said gays are a threat to the family and want to destroy it.

I asked how they could possibly be a threat, and still no response, he was just providing me with what he thought was the "logic" behind Avatar's tremendously stupid accusation.

I can't count the number of times the conservative right wing Republcian Confederates go nuts when I bring up this stuff.
These Evangelicals are all over the Internet with their "message" of Jesus love and acceptance.

Now, this is a hoot. Here is a video by Rick Warren:

Rick Warren - Letter To The Pastors of Uganda from Dr. Rick Warren

Just before Obama spoke at Warren's church, he had to clean up his website and get rid of the rhetoric that "gays were NOT welcome" in his church.

340x_warrenchurchbansgays.jpg

"If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives." Leviticus 20:13 NAB

This in the same book as "Noah's Ark" and "Samson" and "Jonah and the Whale" and "The Flintstones" and "Casper the Friendly Ghost". Oh, wait, did I get the right "ghost"?

Rick Warren put aside his true feelings because he was receiving a "national spotlight". Evangelical Conservatives Republicans want to do that here. Only the law protects gay Americans from their violence. If you spread hateful religious beliefs against patriotic Americans, who have done nothing wrong, then you should have the balls, stand up, and admit it.

You mean in a similar way to his racist church in Chicago did?

Nope. Not an evangelical either. I just think the choice of words is interesting.

In the minds of you people these evanelicals recommended the death penalty. You will carry that foolish belief to your graves.

Its kind of like the people who think suicide bombers and terrorists are a representation of Islam.
Good point. However nowhere does the article blame Christianity as a whole for what happened after these three pastors spread their hate speech in Uganda.

First, again I'll make my position clear, one more time and hope you can understand it. These evangelical "experts" do not go anywhere they are no invited. Ugandan preachers have been preaching the same hatred for YEARS. This IS NOT a sudden development in that culture. Your acting as if Uganda was the gay-friendly San Fran-like paradise of Sub-Saharan Africa before American evangelicals showed up. Not the case. Ugandans are responsable for their own laws and their own actions. Period.
The Ugandan legislators are of course responsible for the laws they passed. But to claim it's just coincidence that these powerful preachers had no influence is just silly.

To pretend that they only went there because they were invited is also silly. The Ugandans listened to them because they were also providing materiel goods to the people there and in order to get them the people had to sit through the sermons railing against homosexuals.

The blame lies firsthand with the Ugandan legislators but these pastors had hand in it.

Forum List

Back