American Drug War Economics

Aug 17, 2008
[YOUTUBE]lqd_C9ISPjA[/YOUTUBE]

Ending drug prohibition and focusing on addiction as a sickness, like alcohol and prescription drugs, could save the U.S. economy and millions of lives. Please pass this video on to as many people as you can.

Agreed. The war on drugs is a waste of time and resources that could certainly be spent on better things.

So then you admit smokers should get free stuff to ... cool. I could use from free nicotine. Bah, addiction is NOT a sickness, we chose our chains and have to live with them no matter what substance it is (except the babies born with the addiction, that's the parents mistake they are paying for). Just toss them all into jail, stop these stupid revolving door programs that don't work (AA, Methedone, crap like that). Or better, let them all OD. Hell, I don't care if people just let me die of lung cancer, just don't give any other addicts anything more than they give us smokers.

Agreed. The war on drugs is a waste of time and resources that could certainly be spent on better things.
Being a former coke head I also think the war on drugs is useless and they will never stop people from taking them. Do I think they should offer treatment to these people yes, it doesn't just destroy their life!

Being a former coke head I also think the war on drugs is useless and they will never stop people from taking them. Do I think they should offer treatment to these people yes, it doesn't just destroy their life!

The government should offer nothing to these people, if that's what you mean. These people chose to do the drugs, the consequences are well known at this point. That being said, if private institutions want to help these people, or their family, or church, then I'm absolutely all for that. It's simply not the role of the government to intervene in our private lives.

The government should offer nothing to these people, if that's what you mean. These people chose to do the drugs, the consequences are well known at this point. That being said, if private institutions want to help these people, or their family, or church, then I'm absolutely all for that. It's simply not the role of the government to intervene in our private lives.

Exactly, for some reason people still do not understand that the government cannot protect people from themselves.. Prohibition proved that point years ago, unfortunately our tax dollars continue funding this war we cannot win.. Here we are today and what do we have to show for the money and effort spent? Our streets have more drugs at cheaper prices.. :clap2:

The war on drugs is nothing more than a war on the constitutional rights of citizens of the United States.

Land of the free?

Please, don't make me laugh.

Exactly, for some reason people still do not understand that the government cannot protect people from themselves.. Prohibition proved that point years ago, unfortunately our tax dollars continue funding this war we cannot win.. Here we are today and what do we have to show for the money and effort spent? Our streets have more drugs at cheaper prices.. :clap2:

That's right. And we should make it right here in the good ol' USA :razz:

Forum List

Back