American democracy...is there such a thing...

As far as democratic principles go, I think the US in practice would be great. The reality is much less so. As it stands, I think your current political system is one of the worst in the Western World....maybe even worse than the FFP system we used to have (and Britain still has)....

Nothing really that wrong with the system ... it's the people. Sure then system needs work, but I would n-e-v-e-r support a constitutional convention during times like these.

I kind of agree with that. Still think your Pres has too much power...

As far as democratic principles go, I think the US in practice would be great. The reality is much less so. As it stands, I think your current political system is one of the worst in the Western World....maybe even worse than the FFP system we used to have (and Britain still has)....

Nothing really that wrong with the system ... it's the people. Sure then system needs work, but I would n-e-v-e-r support a constitutional convention during times like these.

I kind of agree with that. Still think your Pres has too much power...

My Pres? President Obama is the President of the United States of America, not mine

btw, the Executive has powers that are what they are. How each occupant of the office attempts to define and use those powers and how the other two branches of government reacts is what fascinates me the most.

Forum List

Back