American Cowboy

Bullypulpit said:
No, the rest of America isn't stupid. But those who voted for Dubbyuh are sorely misguided.

You know I'm really starting to feel sorry for you pulit. You live in a world of delusion with the constant smell of shit from having your head up your ass. It really sucks to be you I know, but hey, let me know if you ever decide to have your head extracted from your anus. I'll be glad to throw a chain around your neck and contect it to the bumper ball hitch on my 4X4, because I'm sure, since your head has been up your ass for so long, it's going to take quite a jerk to get it out.

Let me know when you're ready.

Pulit in bathroom this morning...
yikes.jpg

Pale Rider said:
You know I'm really starting to feel sorry for you pulit. You live in a world of delusion with the constant smell of shit from having your head up your ass. It really sucks to be you I know, but hey, let me know if you ever decide to have your head extracted from your anus. I'll be glad to throw a chain around your neck and contect it to the bumper ball hitch on my 4X4, because I'm sure, since your head has been up your ass for so long, it's going to take quite a jerk to get it out.

Let me know when you're ready.

Pulit in bathroom this morning...
yikes.jpg

that's not just this morning...his (or her) entire existence from the time he (or she) knew what politics was

freeandfun1 said:
Sage,

Actually, a weaker dollar will lead to higher interest rates which will help retired people as they will earn more on their savings (CD's, savings accounts, etc.) with much less risk.

The same goes for our debt. As our dollar weakens, the rates paid on the notes will increase and our debt becomes cheaper for internationalists to buy.

Furthermore, the weaker dollar will make US products CHEAPER than imports, so actually, your dollar will buy more US made products and that will mean that there will be more demand for US products, which will lead to less outsourcing and therefore, more US jobs.

The dollar is only weak against the Euro. It is still very strong against the Yen, the Yuan, the Won, etc. The Euro is strong because their economy sucks. Our dollar gained all its strength while our economy was tanking. Now that our economy is growing, our dollar is weakening as there are more dollars on the open market and less hid away.

Like I said economics is a complicated issue, people can see absolutely opposite outcomes to the same set of circumstances. Like a weak dollar, some worry about it, some dont.

I do know that our current account deficit (the money we have to borrow) is
going up. Up over 540 billion . This includes the trade deficit and the US has reversed itself from a producing nation to a consuming one.

My worries are that the foundation of our economy is weak, not just the $$$.
I think the ideas of a balanced budget, lowering the debt, and tax reform are positive ideas for a stronger economy. I think loopholes and gimics have no place in our economic policy (like offsetting certain deficits with the social security trust fund, or the airline tax which is frozen due to it being an offset)
I believe in user taxes and a pay as you go, or a save before spending attitude.

I think we all want the money we work hard for to have a strong purchasing power and a strong foundation so that we can all have some sense of our economic future.

sagegirl said:
Like I said economics is a complicated issue, people can see absolutely opposite outcomes to the same set of circumstances. Like a weak dollar, some worry about it, some dont.

I do know that our current account deficit (the money we have to borrow) is
going up. Up over 540 billion . This includes the trade deficit and the US has reversed itself from a producing nation to a consuming one.

My worries are that the foundation of our economy is weak, not just the $$$.
I think the ideas of a balanced budget, lowering the debt, and tax reform are positive ideas for a stronger economy. I think loopholes and gimics have no place in our economic policy (like offsetting certain deficits with the social security trust fund, or the airline tax which is frozen due to it being an offset)
I believe in user taxes and a pay as you go, or a save before spending attitude.

I think we all want the money we work hard for to have a strong purchasing power and a strong foundation so that we can all have some sense of our economic future.

you have not changed from a producing nation to a consuming one. Our trade deficit is out of whack right now because over the last few years, it has been cheaper to import than produce products domestically. as the dollar "weakens" we will start producing more at home. as I mentioned, the dollar is only weakening against the Euro and it is still quite strong against many of the Asian currencies. Way too much emphasis is being put on the $ vs the Euro and it is all because of politics.

as you said, economics are difficult. I just get tired of the folks that complain about a supposed weak dollar now when it was even weaker under Clinton. Where were they then? Also, you have to look at the deficit as a % of GDP - period.

Don't fall into the political trap of this debate. Look at the fundamentals, compare it to the past and be realistic. Right now the left is trying to make much more out of the "weak" dollar and deficit than is justified - especially from a historical standpoint. Again, it is all politics.

Forum List

Back