American companies wooed back to the USA

Eloy

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2016
European Union
With minority president-elect making one of his many promises to entice American companies to relocate their activity to the United States, there are clearly some multinational financial services and computer technology corporations which will want to remain in the European Union (EU) and take advantage of access to a single market covering 27 countries. By returning to the United States, they will forfeit their market advantage to competitors.

The question which economists cannot predict is where financial and technology corporations which are currently headquarted in London will go. There seem to be three big contenders:
Frankfurt am Main because it is the financial center for the biggest and richest economy in the EU.
France because it is ranked the most important financial center in the EU.
Ireland because it has a growing market in financial services and computer technology plus it is English-speaking.

"minority president elect"
w031230b033.jpg

Expansion is necessary for many businesses, but not abandoning your country and workers totally, or customers.

Sent from my YD206 using USMessageBoard.com mobile app
There is reason to believe that some banks, financial services, and multinational computer technology companies will leave London and remain in the European Union in one of the three companies I mentioned.

Expansion is necessary for many businesses, but not abandoning your country and workers totally, or customers.

There is reason to believe that some banks, financial services, and multinational computer technology companies will leave London and remain in the European Union in one of the three companies I mentioned.

Maybe a few with more business in Europe than the UK.............. till the EU breaks apart at the seams

Maybe a few with more business in Europe than the UK.............. till the EU breaks apart at the seams
It is more likely that the United Kingdom will break apart before the European Union.

It is more likely that the United Kingdom will break apart before the European Union.

There are a lot of cracks already

Of course there are challenges. What is in its favor is that the people, especially the young all over Europe have no tolerance of borders and see themselves as Europeans. There were not enough in England who thought like this but Scotland is different and wants to stay in Europe.

Of course there are challenges. What is in its favor is that the people, especially the young all over Europe have no tolerance of borders and see themselves as Europeans. There were not enough in England who thought like this but Scotland is different and wants to stay in Europe.

no.............. now they want to build walls and limit crossings.

I loved traveling europe, but they need self protection as well. Europe is not one national, but differing nations with their cultures and values and uniqueness

I loved traveling europe, but they need self protection as well. Europe is not one national, but differing nations with their cultures and values and uniqueness
Yes many nations becoming one. E pluribus unum, as they say in America.

50 separate states forming a union

50 separate states forming a union
50 states made up of immigrants from the world becoming one nation. Yes it can be done.

With minority president-elect making one of his many promises to entice American companies to relocate their activity to the United States, there are clearly some multinational financial services and computer technology corporations which will want to remain in the European Union (EU) and take advantage of access to a single market covering 27 countries. By returning to the United States, they will forfeit their market advantage to competitors. ...

Eloy, regardless of what the president does, USA purchasers of imported goods (correctly) perceive their decisions to be to their own INDIVIDUAL best interests. For further explanation, refer to 2016 Christmas day, post within the tread,
http://www.usmessageboard.com/threads/obamas-tire-tariff-will-hurt-the-poor-the-most.88240/#post-16145810

It’s more feasible for USA to modify our federal laws promoting “pure” free trade rather than attempting to transform USA purchasers to be altruist angels. I’m among the proponents of USA adopting the proposed unilateral global trade policy described within Wikipedia's "Import Certificates" article.

Refer to Wikipedia's "Import Certificates" article.

Respectfully, Supposn

Forum List

Back