American children try Russian food ..

Selivan

Gold Member
Jan 17, 2018
USSR
This topic shows how stereotypes and misunderstandings appear ...
-------------------------------------------------- ---------
1. This video is filmed by Americans who think that they know what Russian Food is ..
2. This video is very popular on the Internet and Russian laughs
2. But, In fact, there is NO RUSSIAN FOOD on the video!

================================================== ========
Now let's look at this video:

1. БЛИНЫ С ИКРОЙ ("PANCAKES WITH RED CAVIAR")
American children try this dish and they do not like it ...

But, the Russians never eat such a dish! :04:
This - "fast food", which is eaten only by foreigners who were tourists in Russia ...
- Russians eat БЛИНЫ with sour cream, jam or honey, but never with red caviar! It's disgusting...
- Russians eat red caviar only with bread and butter
- Russian children hate red caviar ...

-------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------- -
2. БОРЩ (Borsch)
American children try this dish and they like it ...
But, Borshch is not Russian, but Ukrainian dish ...
We are one people, but the Americans mixed the dish.
- Russians eat Shchi, and we also love borsch
- I would not eat this "borsch", which is shown in the video .. This is a strange liquid that has the color of chemical manganese, which was put in potatoes and beets ... :04:

-------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------- -
2. ПЕЛЬМЕНИ ("dumplings with cheese" )
I would not like it ...
I lived for 50 years and never saw ПЕЛЬМЕНИ with cheese" ... Perhaps they were seen by these American uncles who feed children with such horror :04:
- Russians eat ПЕЛЬМЕНИ with beef or pork minced meat ...
- Additionally - sour cream or vinegar with pepper

4. ВАТРУШКА (Cheesecake)
American children try this dish and they really like it very much ...
But this is not a ВАТРУШКА!
It's some kind of cake (maybe from McDonald's), which contains cream and jam ..
- Russian ВАТРУШКА is a pie with cottage cheese without jam. Delicious!

• Banned
We do not need your help ..
Rather, we will help you ... - teach how to eat properly

• Banned
Russians eat roots and cabbage. Sometimes the government allows sour cream rations.
One more such message and you will go to ignore, so that the ether does not clog.
I'm not interested in your knowledge, when you eat in the garbage

Russians eat roots and cabbage. Sometimes the government allows sour cream rations.
One more such message and you will go to ignore, so that the ether does not clog.
I'm not interested in your knowledge, when you eat in the garbage
Scavenging from the garbage is another staple of Russian cuisine.

I like Russian cuisine...they have wonderful fish solyanka soup, and other good hearty soups I make quite a bit in winter.

Scavenging from the garbage is another staple of Russian cuisine.
The moderator deleted the smile "you are banned," but, I believe that this moron will receive a message that I do not want to listen anymore ...
Do not strain and do not write me a message

:crying:

2. ПЕЛЬМЕНИ ("dumplings with cheese" )
I would not like it ...
I lived for 50 years and never saw ПЕЛЬМЕНИ with cheese" ... Perhaps they were seen by these American uncles who feed children with such horror :04:
- Russians eat ПЕЛЬМЕНИ with beef or pork minced meat ...
- Additionally - sour cream or vinegar with pepper

It's a plot. It's probably from lumping everyone from the Soviet Union into Russia. It may have been sold that way like this:

s-l640.jpg

Making Cheese Vareniki and Meat Pelmeni (Russian Dumplings)

^^^Foodies aren't making them like a complete Ukrainian menu or a complete Russian menu. Read the comments......add a bottle of vodka and it's a Russian thang. Whoever made the video probably got pelmini confused with vareniki. Somebodies uncle was Ukrainian. 97 views indicates no one is paying attention because most of us are adults and we don't care if kids don't like certain foods.

Lots of Americans love cooking up any other national dishes but the ingredients have to be local OR there has to be a quality substitute and it has to be easy enough to recreate. So start posting some recipes.

Very funny cover for this book.
To begin with, I must say that there are several "Russian cuisines"
-------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------- ---------
1. Russian cuisine of the 19th century before the Revolution ...
Features:
- A lot of products and ingredients. Used products that are now impossible to buy (I mean - vegetables, for example, turnips or ...). In addition, there was a phrase: "I love steamed sturgeon - it's a simple Russian food" :)
Sturgeon and black caviar were just "simple food" ...
Red caviar was considered a "garbage" and thrown away, so I wrote that pancakes with red caviar are a fake .. :)
- There is no "Rules" for the production of food. Each producer produces food as he wants ... Before the Revolution, Russia had capitalism.
- All products are natural
- Literature about the description of this food is not preserved. However, the best books are Pohlebkin ..
William Pokhlyobkin - Wikipedia
-------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------- ---------
2. Soviet cuisine of the 20th century .. Developed by Mikoyan in the 1930s on the orders of Stalin
Features:
- Very few products and ingredients.
- But, Soviet people should get all the necessary calories and vitamins
- The quality of products is regulated by the Government Standard (GOST)
- All products are natural. For violation - a long prison term or execution
- The Soviet cuisine uses the experience not only of "Russian cuisine", but of all peoples inhabiting the USSR, as well as the positive experience of other countries (America is not there)
- Literature is a bestseller "The book about tasty and healthy" food ... This book gives not only cooking methods, it also calculates calories, vitamins, hygiene rules, the arrangement of cooking facilities and many other interesting things. The book has the goal to teach a simple person to cook delicious, having simple ingredients.
The Book of Tasty and Healthy Food - Wikipedia
Here is a link to a free book ...
Unfortunately, there is only in Russian, but it is easily translated using Google
http://russianargentina.com.ar/quant/kovizp_1952.pdf
3. Modern Russian cuisine ...
Features:
- Experience mix: Paragraph 1 + Paragraph 2
- Creating a "Russian fast food" for stupid foreigners ...
This is very funny:
- Foreigners believe in the MYTH that "pancakes with red caviar" is Russian food
- Russian businessmen do not argue with foreigners and sell them this muck

- The quality of products is not regulated by anything ... Very often you can buy "horns and hooves" or soy meat, instead of meat. Punishment for violations - a minor, a small penalty ...

- There is no literature ... Modern Russians (even young people) prefer the Soviet Cuisine. When buying goods in the store, any Russian is looking for an inscription GOST - that is, the goods are manufactured using Soviet technology ...
The best goods are considered to be food from Belarus, since Soviet production rules have been preserved there ...

=================================================
Are you interested in recipes ...
I like to devour, therefore, I will definitely write.
Now, I just wanted to expand the topic.
-------------------------------------------------- --------------------
By the way, it is impossible to describe the recipes of Russian cuisine in one forum, too much ... Russian cuisine is one of the most difficult in the world.

For example, Shchi .. (cabbage soup):
- There are 1-2 recipes that comply with GOST (paragraph 2)
- There is more than 500! recipes that correspond to item 1

... fish solyanka soup ... I make quite a bit in winter.
Thank you..
But the Russian word "Solyanka" has several meanings ..
The meaning of this word is to mix different ingredients
==============================================================
1. This is soup .. Feature:
- You should use as much as possible ingredients that make sense "meat" ... The main ingredient, according to GOST USSR - is the kidneys, then the smoked sausage, then everything else that you can put ..
If you use the main ingredient - chicken or fish, it corresponds to GOST, but according to new concepts in Russia it is not a hodgepodge ... According to the Soviet concept - it corresponds to

In addition, the obligatory Ingredient GOST Solyanka is "salted cucumber" (America does not produce), olives and, after boiling the soup - pieces of lemon. And also potatoes, onions, cabbage ... Everything else you add according to your imagination ...
==============================================================
2. This is the "second dish" .. Feature: cabbage with sausage...
By the way - this is the main product of GOST in Soviet "breakfasts" for kindergartens, schools, hospitals and the Army ,,

Last edited:
The quality of products is not regulated by anything ... Very often you can buy "horns and hooves" or soy meat, instead of meat. Punishment for violations - a minor, a small penalty ...

Americans can't obtain horns and hooves.

For example, Shchi .. (cabbage soup):
- There are 1-2 recipes that comply with GOST (paragraph 2)
- There is more than 500! recipes that correspond to item 1

My kid's paternal grandparents are Polish/Lithuanian.....please, no more cabbage anything.

Americans can't obtain horns and hooves.
:04::04::04::04::04::04::04::04::04::04::04::04::04::04::04::04:

Lady
- I lived in America
- I have an apartment there
- Now I go on the American forums of "survivors"
---------------------------------------------
Or do you want to really communicate, or just do not know the topic ...

My kid's paternal grandparents are Polish/Lithuanian.....please, no more cabbage anything.
This is your problem, but not mine ...
Do not like cabbage to Poles and Litwin - do not answer ...

Your opinion is absolutely uninteresting to me ...
I ask that you no longer answer

This is your problem, but not mine ...
Do not like cabbage to Poles and Litwin - do not answer ...

Your opinion is absolutely uninteresting to me ...
I ask that you no longer answer

Welcome to ignore.

Forum List

Back