American By Birth!

and the republicans nor the democrats are gonna do a damned thing about mexicans...big business enjoys the cheap labor...if the government was serious they would go after people employeeing illegals and shut that down....how hard is it...they would stop all the phone ss numbers and illegals being able to obtain them...they would stop this crap of when they find numbers that are wrong and go to employoers they say they didnt know.....shut the money off and they will go home...

bones has it right,. Neither party wants to end anchor babies, period. The GOP wants cheap labor for business, and the Dems know that new citizens normally vote for them.

Let me give an objective thought here for those politicians who oppose anchor babies citizenships. Keep it up, and eventually they, their cousins, and their other relatives will have the numbers to vote such numb nuts out office.

The GOP recognizes that, and it will not get involved in any effort to deny them the rights.

Last edited:
and the republicans nor the democrats are gonna do a damned thing about mexicans...big business enjoys the cheap labor...if the government was serious they would go after people employeeing illegals and shut that down....how hard is it...they would stop all the phone ss numbers and illegals being able to obtain them...they would stop this crap of when they find numbers that are wrong and go to employoers they say they didnt know.....shut the money off and they will go home...

bones has it right. Neither party wants to end anchor babies, period. The GOP wants cheap labor for business, and the Dems know that new citizens normally vote for them.

Let me give an objective thought here for those politicians who oppose anchor babies citizenships. Keep it up, and eventually they, their cousins, and their other relatives will have the numbers to vote such numb nuts out office.

The GOP recognizes that, and it will not get involved in any effort to deny them the rights.

bones has it right. Neither party wants to end anchor babies, period. The GOP wants cheap labor for business, and the Dems know that new citizens normally vote for them.

We the people are going to have to demand they do something about it before we become over run.

We the People, froggy, have done something about it. We the People overwhelmingly accept the 14th, and that is never going to change.

We the people are going to have to demand they do something about it before we become over run.

I think it's already too late. The only question I have is which comes first? The civil war, or the revolution?

Neither, againsheila, neither. We will adapt into a younger, darker, multilingual, and technologically savvy United States that will once again compete very evenly against the rest of the world.

That might not have been the intention, of course they didn't really have too many immigration laws back then, but it doesn't mean it isn't protecting "anchor babies". And the fact you don't see the similarities between slaves who were not considered full citizens, and illegals, is somewhat funny.

When the 14th ammendment was ratified in 1868 (which is what we are talking about) the United States did not limit immigration. "Thus there were, by definition, no illegal immigrants and the issue of citizenship for children of those here in violation of immigration laws was nonexistent. Granting of automatic citizenship to children of illegal alien mothers is a recent and totally inadvertent and unforeseen result of the amendment and the Reconstructionist period in which it was ratified."

:)

You will enjoy reading this link The 14th Amendment to the United States Constitution - Fourteenth Amendment - anchor babies and birthright citizenship - interpretations and misinterpretations - US Constitution lots of good and accurate info about the 14th ammendment. (BTW the part I italicized in my post above is from the link)

So in reality, unless we change the laws, any person born here(unless restricted by certain citizenship laws) they are a citizen. And " subject to jurisdiction thereof" has nothing to do with illegal aliens. :D

Correct. As the 14th ammendment stands it does say what you are claiming above. Its original intent was not for illegal immigrants however it has "progressed" into that. (See what i'm doing, original intent vs living document ;))

Maybe the issue goes deeper. Should citizenship be based on the accident of birth? Should illegal acts be rewarded? Most of the Founding Fathers were not born in this country, The first seven presidents were foreign born. Were they not citizens? Something else that desperately needs clarification. Not by the courts, but by amendment to our constitution. Let the debate begin. Pappadave.

Forum List

Back