American Bulldogs I'd appreciate some updates

tinydancer

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2010
Piney
As many of you know, I lost two foundation dogs this spring. Still waiting on results from the dog food. There are so many call backs I want to puke. But nothing I can prove. But I lost and bear with me non breeders, but for the sake of the breed I will call out their full names.

Sandman Catahoulas American Bad Ass and Sandman Catahoulas Dusty Roads.

I lost them both. Tale to be continued. But now, with only Ruby left at 11years bless her soul, we've talked about how do we continue? Our whole lives are dogs.

I'm thinking Am Bulls one more time. Jump in any time dog people.

oh and please don't be shy. Many think only Johnny Johnson, well I can tell a tale or two and his momma is the sweetest person I met after Lana Lou.......hehehehe. Lana, Lana Lana Lou.

Johnny's momma gave me a heads up even when I was calling from Canada. One cool lady.

She was kind to me and I got thru.

So sorry, tiny, I know exactly nothing about bulldogs...

Except what I saw on an episode of the Dog Whisperer, that is! They're tough little goobers! And potentially quite mean, lol. But what can i say, I have a spastic aggressive terrier....I think they're awfully adorable...

holy crud just looked them up..they aren't like the little English guys, are they? They're balls to the wall monsters!

thumbnail.aspx

Aww. I am such a dog lover, too. I'm so sorry you lost two of your fur babies.
I feed mine California Natural Lamb bites. ButI also cook their meals as well.
Whole chicken boiled in water (cut up first so it's easier to remove the bones).
Two cups dry white rice.
little salt.little pepper. LOTS of chopped raw carrots.
Cook til chicken is done.
Fish out chicken with slotted spoon, let cool.
Pick all meat off, toss back in pot.
Let cool. Bag up in baggies, freeze.
I mix it with their dry California Natural. Lasts about 2 weeks for 3 dogs and costs about 4 bucks total.

Last edited:
btw...I have an australian shepard, yellow lab, rat terrier. Oh, and the cat that thinks shes a dog.

Gluten is pretty much bad for the world in general.

Yep. And people stuff it in their faces every day. And they feed it to their pets too. NOT MINE. I only eat gluten free now. And so do my furkids. We feel much better. Gluten is poison.

Found this browsing. Good info in it for all dog lovers.

Can Dogs Eat Grapes? Canine Health & Pet Nutrition

Toxicity of Grapes and Raisins

There has been limited research on what makes grapes and raisins toxic to dogs, and the results have been inconclusive. No one knows exactly which component in these foods makes dogs ill. Pesticides, heavy metals like zinc and fungal contaminants found in grapes have all been ruled out as possible causes for grape and raisin toxicity in dogs.

But no matter whether grapes and raisins come from a pet owner’s backyard or from the supermarket, they can potentially kill your pet.

However, that doesn’t mean that pet owners should swear off grapes and raisins for themselves, as grapes have several health benefits for humans. If your dog eats one or two grapes, he should be okay, provided that a veterinarian treats him immediately. But large quantities are likely to be harmful.

Other Foods That Can Poison Your Dog

Grapes and raisins aren't the only "people foods" that can be harmful to dogs. According to the ASPCA’s Animal Poison Control Center, all of the following foods can be toxic to your dog:

Chocolate
Coffee and tea
Fatty foods
Macadamia nuts
Raw meats that contain parasites
Moldy or spoiled foods
Onions and onion powder
Salt
Yeast
Garlic
Artificial sweeteners found in sugarless candy
Avocado
Pits, stems, leaves and seeds from fruit
Potato peels or green colored potatoes
Alcohol
Keep in mind that this list contains only the food products that can be toxic for dogs. Many other common household items and products like cleaning supplies, medications and even plants can pose danger to your dog.

If you believe that your dog may have ingested something harmful, call your veterinarian or Animal Poison Control right away: 1-888-4-ANI-HELP (1-888-426-4435).

"Safe" Human Foods

Then there are the "people foods" that are safe -- and actually healthy -- for your dog to eat. What are they? These are just a few of the healthy human foods for your dog.

Apples: Remove the seeds and cut into bite-sized chunks for your dog.
Carrots: They are healthy, and help keep your dog's teeth clean.
Eggs: Cook them to kill any bacteria that may be harmful to your pet.
Flax Seed: It has omega-3 fatty acids for a healthy coat.
Lean Meat: Avoid dark or fatty meats for a healthy source of protein.
Oatmeal: Cook and serve plain; sugar is not healthy for your pet.
Peanut Butter: In moderation, it's a great treat for dogs.
Rice: Brown rice is healthiest, and will help soothe an upset stomach.
Yogurt: It contains both calcium and protein; serve small amounts in moderation.
If your dog likes to eat grapes, you may be wondering why they are bad for dogs. The bottom line is that a dog’s digestive system isn’t meant to handle the chemicals in many of our favorite human foods. Keep your food out of your dog’s reach, and be sure to feed only safe treats to your pet to keep him healthy and happy.

Read more: Can Dogs Eat Grapes? Canine Health & Pet Nutrition

Forum List

Back