American Beer Map

If I were a college student again, I might get myself one of these.

gabf_medal_map.jpg

369 - Best Beer Map of America « Strange Maps

I must say, it is no surprise where the best beers are made.
Blue state!

And the best IPA I have to say is made in Eugene Oregon. If you like IPA and ever see Inversion IPA buy it. Trust me!

Easy to explain, really.

Czechs and Bohemians.

Texas is one of those places where Czech/Bohemians settled in the late 19th and early 20th century.

Since the Czech/Bohemians are the beer-drinkingest people on earth, they also are the beer-brewingest people on earth.

The original brewers of the major Mexican breweries were ALSO Czechs (or Bohemians)

The original Brewers of Budweiser were ALSO bohemians (In fact they named Bud after their original Bohemian Budwiezer STILL make in Bohemia.

Hey, didn't the US Budweiser [well... formerly US, or whatever] sue the smaller Czech company that ACTUALLY made beer in the town of Budweizer for "copyright infringement" and bankrupted it or ate it or something of the sort? I remember hearing something about that.

Well, anyway, anyone here ever had a beer called "Kozel"? I had Czech friends in high school who brought some back this one time, and it was seriously the holy grail of beers. This stuff tasted absolutely unbelievable. Haven't found it since, though. =\

I heard they sued and failed to win their suit since Budwieser of Bohemia was continuously brewing since before Budweiser
America existed.

I also heard that Busweiser tried to buy out the older company but was rebuffed. Don't really know if any of this is true, though.

I drank some of the original Budwieser a decade or so ago.

It was good. A tad bitter because of the hops, I think.

Yeah, they lost the suit... but you can buy the beer in the US under the name of 'Czechvar', but in Europe (I think) and Czech republic (I know) it is known as 'Budvar'.

New Topics

Forum List

Back