American and French attitudes towards marraige

Barb

Carpe Scrotum
Apr 2, 2009
in a house.
Which do you think is more realistic, humane, and sustainable?

The American cultural expectations of marraige or the French model?

The French marry for economic and social security, and fuck for love (the way nature intended), recognizing that people and circumstances change, but that they and their children's future economic and social security depend on maintaining the home base.

The American version is predicated on what I believe to be an ill-advised, unrealistic, and punishing fairy tale that requires one or both parters to die a little every day to keep up the facade, denying their own needs and natures (often everything that made them attractive to their spouse or partner to begin with) for an all-or-nothing suicide pact.

France has a 7.5% lower divorce rate than the US. :eusa_whistle:

DivorceMag: World Divorce Statistics

What do you all think?

Last edited:

The French marry for economic and social security, and fuck for love (the way nature intended), recognizing that people and circumstances change, but that they and their children's future economic and social security depend on maintaining the home base.

The American version is predicated on what I believe to be an ill-advised, unrealistic, and punishing fairy tale that requires one or both parters to die a little every day to keep up the facade, denying their own needs and natures (often everything that made them attractive to their spouse or partner to begin with) for an all-or-nothing suicide pact.

What do you all think?

You said "fuck"?:eek:

:scared1:

Freedom's just another word for no-one left to beat you up.

France

"In France, a woman dies of domestic violence every five days", explains Professor Roger Henrion, member of the National Academy of Medicine and responsible for this study for the health ministry.

The professor's team questioned a random sample of 7,000 women between 20 and 59 years old, living in Paris and its immediate suburbs. They found that 10% have been the victim of domestic violence during the past 12 months. Insults, moral harassment, physical attacks, rape, the list is long of these abuses committed in the intimacy of couples.

source

USA
There are 16,800 homicides and $2.2 million (medically treated) injuries due to intimate partner violence annually, which costs $37 billion. (The Cost of Violence in the United States. 2007. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Centers for Injury Prevention and Control. Atlanta, GA.)

The average prison sentence of men who kill their women partners is 2 to 6 years. Women who kill their partners are, on average, sentenced to 15 years. (National Coalition Against Domestic Violence, 1989)

2-6!

i could have been out in 2 to 6 !

anna one , anna two......

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IH8N4s3pat0&feature=related]YouTube - AC/DC - Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap[/ame]

~S~

The French Model is the most realistic and one I totally agree with. Men and women were not biologically designed to be in love with the one person forever.

The shiny new toy quickly loses its newness and then the the rot sets in..if it were not for kids most marriages would last 5 minutes. Dying a small death every day of your life ? Craaazzzyyy !! :cuckoo:

Last edited:
The French Model is the most realistic and one I totally agree with. Men and women were not biologically designed to be in love with the one person forever.

The shiny new toy quickly loses its newness and then the the rot sets in..if it were not for kids most marriages would last 5 minutes. Dying a small death every day of your life ? Craaazzzyyy !! :cuckoo:

You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

I will get back to you with this.

What do you all think?

You said "fuck"?:eek:

:scared1:

Was that me? Whatta potty mouth! :eusa_shhh:

What do you all think?

I'm not sure Americans are secure enough in themselves to handle it. If they were, wouldn't this already be happening ?

What do you all think?

I'm not sure Americans are secure enough in themselves to handle it. If they were, wouldn't this already be happening ?

You would think. But it isn't just insecurity, although that is such a huge part of it, it is the narrative and socialization we've been fed from the cradle that feeds that insecurity, that it is ALL, or it is NOTHING; the fairy tale.

What do you all think?

You would think. But it isn't just insecurity, although that is such a huge part of it, it is the narrative and socialization we've been fed from the cradle that feeds that insecurity, that it is ALL, or it is NOTHING; the fairy tale.

isn't the narrative and socialization all part of the securty racket ? You get married and everything will be beautiful for the rest of you life ?

If you want a long marriage it is best just not to think about it.

LOL

Or not to notice, in some cases.

If ya wanna be happy for the rest of your life
Never make another person your wife
So from my personal point of view
Marry yourself and just make do.

Another person will make demands
Beck and calling by command
To do the wash or raise the kids
Mow the lawn or open lids

So..

If ya wanna be happy for the rest of your life
Never make another person your wife
So from my personal point of view
Marry yourself and just make do.

isn't the narrative and socialization all part of the securty racket ? You get married and everything will be beautiful for the rest of you life ?

It is. It is what people in positions of power (first the priest or pastor, then the kings, then the governments) set up to have themselves an ordered and order-able society.

Try as we might, even to the point of binding ourselves by marriage CONTRACT, the human heart will NOT be bound.

Thank god that younger adults have no idea how long "till life do us part" really is.

If they TRULY understood what that meant we'd ALL be bastards.

The most effective recommendations on how to get best stock is right here!

Copy and paste my this site in your browser - superalerts.info

I love sex, but it really gets in the way of a productive life.

I don't know why God just didn't have us split like the amoeba?

You take a big shit and then the hospital says “congratulations, it is a boy!”

And why we are on the subject, why did God make drinking bad for your health?

Why be penalized for wanting to improve on God's imperfect creation?

I love sex, but it really gets in the way of a productive life.

I don't know why God just didn't have us split like the amoeba?

You take a big shit and then the hospital says “congratulations, it is a boy!”

Absolutely no fun in that, absolutely none.

Why must every cell in every organism for every microsecond of every day of each and every year be "productive" of something? There is no joy in such a life, and nothing to look forward to but death.

Forum List

Back