American and European dance bands and vocalists from the 1920s 1930s and 1940s.....

the night wouldn't be complete .....:p

"One Morning In May" 1934 Ray Noble

And I think this is from across the pond ....welcome our brothers and sisters from Britain ....great dancers yes!:mm:

Count Basie - Shout And Feel It (1937)

from the movie "Swing Kids" (1993),

and this from the movie "Swing Kids" 1993

so cool so cool :mm:

so so so sooooo cool

ooohhh:laugh:

new movie but proper, blessed, vintage music from the 30s .....

Written by pianist J. Russell Robinson, Backed by Bob Crosby and his Orchestra. Lead vocalist 14 year old Francis Gumm, to become Judy Garland. The year was 1936 and this was her first record release.

B side of the original Decca Record Release:

The young singer actually had more success as a Decca recording artist until her movie career took off. And you can tell from these recordings that she sounded completely different by the time she did Wizard of Oz years later.

^^^ Judy was so much fun!!!!

Judy Garland - On the Bumpy Road to Love (1938)

From 1940, in my opinion, the greatest tap dance number between a man and a woman ever recorded. The ease of which they dance. The changing rhythm. Except for the very end, the number is shot in one long take. And I have never seen two people work this hard with such apparent glee while they do it. If anyone can find a better tap dance number anywhere between a man and a woman, please, post it.

Forum List

Back