American Airlines To Cut 15,000 Jobs...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
Yup, what a 'Recovery.' Sure, Unemployment is down. Sure it is. :eusa_liar:

NBC 5 has learned that Fort Worth-based American Airlines may cut between 10,000 and 15,000 jobs across the company.

Sources familiar with the plan said they company plans to announce the cuts during a meeting Wednesday morning in Fort Worth.

It is estimated that 1,000 of those jobs to be cut will be at the company's maintenance base at Alliance Airport in north Fort Worth.

After the company presents the plan they will begin negotiating with unions, so the final numbers of lost jobs lost may change.

American Airlines' parent company AMR filed for bankruptcy in November of last year and said Tuesday that they lost $904 million in the month of December -- more than the first nine months of 2011 combined.

AA to Cut Up to 15,000 Jobs | NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth
DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

Its no wonder.... with all the issues with TSA and the way folks are treated.

Fuck em.... I'd rather drive than fly!

Boy, his 'Jobs Czar' GE CEO Jeffrey Immelt sure is creating those jobs...In China. :(

A company downsizing is not mutually exclusive with economic growth or shrinking unemployment.

Boy, his 'Jobs Czar' GE CEO Jeffrey Immelt sure is creating those jobs...In China. :(

yep... I worked at GE before 2009.

My job went to Mexico :(

I hate that asshat.
He came and visited our plant in Houston one day, and prior to his visit we had to stop renovations in lobby so that $50,000 worth of new carpet could be put down so he didnt have to walk on the bare concrete in lobby. It was then pulled up and tossed out
:eek:

:cuckoo:

yep... I worked at GE before 2009.

My job went to Mexico :(

I hate that asshat.
He came and visited our plant in Houston one day, and prior to his visit we had to stop renovations in lobby so that $50,000 worth of new carpet could be put down so he didnt have to walk on the bare concrete in lobby. It was then pulled up and tossed out

:cuckoo:

Yeah, it's still shocking to me that he could be a 'Jobs Czar.' It's all part of that sad & twisted White House/GE/NBC cabal. They should be investigated.

Yup, what a 'Recovery.' Sure, Unemployment is down. Sure it is. :eusa_liar:

NBC 5 has learned that Fort Worth-based American Airlines may cut between 10,000 and 15,000 jobs across the company.

Sources familiar with the plan said they company plans to announce the cuts during a meeting Wednesday morning in Fort Worth.

It is estimated that 1,000 of those jobs to be cut will be at the company's maintenance base at Alliance Airport in north Fort Worth.

After the company presents the plan they will begin negotiating with unions, so the final numbers of lost jobs lost may change.

American Airlines' parent company AMR filed for bankruptcy in November of last year and said Tuesday that they lost $904 million in the month of December -- more than the first nine months of 2011 combined.

AA to Cut Up to 15,000 Jobs | NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth
DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

Americhan airlines went bankrupt. Layoffs and cutbacks are generaly what happens.

The states are bankrupt and the country is on its way........

Its no wonder.... with all the issues with TSA and the way folks are treated.

Fuck em.... I'd rather drive than fly!
The TSA is setting up checkpoints on the highways now.

Say whaaaaa??????

OMG.... THIS IN SO WRONG!!!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MI8QZMfRgxM]TSA Setting Up Checkpoints on Tennessee Interstate Highway! - YouTube[/ame]

Why do we have Homeland Security?

I am sick of the intrusion into my life.... next they will be stopping cars.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back