American, 50% of our citizens are poor or low income. Shame!

I have a terrific tropical beach to sell you in Iceland.
The amount of your knowledge in what caused the 2008 collapse could fit into a miniature thimble...with room to spare.
How do you function with such a simple mind?
Have you ever heard of President Clinton? Are you aware that he absolutely continued deregulation?? Are you aware that it was during his 8 years that the great "migration" of banks took place?? That during the Clinton years is when companies like Morgan Stanley, CitiGroup, AIG etc. etc. - became enormous empires???
By the time George Bush became president - everything was already in place.

Not to say all of this is Clintons fault either..btw.

I don't think you understand so I'll offer this. Notwithstanding anything done by Presidents Wilson, FDR, Nixon/Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush I or Clinton, the shit hit the fan on the watch of George W. Bush. GWB invaded Iraq, a war of choice and did not include its cost on budget; he cut taxes twice and has acknowledeged the housing bubble was on his radar as early as 2006. What part of on his watch do you refuse to acknowledge?

What part of your brain does not function?
The housing bubble was created in the 1990's not the 2000's.
Systematically - every single policy and deregulation occurred BEFORE Bush became President. You are either ignorant of that fact - or - and more likely - you choose to ignore it.

No, Bush chose to ignore it. The bubble burst on his watch. BTW, my brain functions quite well, we may disagree but the fact that you continue to post, "What part of your brain does not function", type comments is evidence your argument is weak and you're a coward.

No it wont. The ones going into such debt usually have insurance. Thats why they get so far into debt. That and the fact they have insurance disqualifies them from the assistance the poor get.

You have gotten yourself deeply invested in the idea that there's no health care problem in the US. You vastly overestimate private charity and free clinic resources.

Some sick people have crappy insurance, and others have no insurance at all. Others exceed their maximum caps, or they can't pay their portion of the bills after insurance pays. Regardless, your idea that you're better off with no insurance because then you can get charity is just :cuckoo:

I never said you would be better off. I said that poor people not having access is a lie. Just like saying the poor starve here is a lie. The ones getting screwed are the ones that fit into or around that middle class everyone likes to talk about. Its better to have insurance, but even then that's no guarantee you are in the clear. Whats coming in 2014 will make it worse. What you are saying is that health care in the form of charity is worse then no health care at all. Tell that to the Shriner kids. :cuckoo:

I do agree that health care needs to be fixed. The cost needs to come down. but even as messed up as it is, I would rather have cancer here then anywhere else in the world.

I don't think you understand so I'll offer this. Notwithstanding anything done by Presidents Wilson, FDR, Nixon/Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush I or Clinton, the shit hit the fan on the watch of George W. Bush. GWB invaded Iraq, a war of choice and did not include its cost on budget; he cut taxes twice and has acknowledeged the housing bubble was on his radar as early as 2006. What part of on his watch do you refuse to acknowledge?

Systematically - every single policy and deregulation occurred BEFORE Bush became President. You are either ignorant of that fact - or - and more likely - you choose to ignore it.

No, Bush chose to ignore it. The bubble burst on his watch. BTW, my brain functions quite well, we may disagree but the fact that you continue to post, "What part of your brain does not function", type comments is evidence your argument is weak and you're a coward.

The Bush admin had a Dem-majority that included Barney Frank getting his dick sucked by Fannie and Freddy, all the while proclaiming that everything is fine-that F&F were in good financial shape.

Now...let's address your bullshit-lying title.
Nowhere does the Census data show there is 50% of Americans in poverty.

Just because the article says it does, that doesn't make it true.
This is, what, my 4th time asking for your evidence of this claim.

And one other thing:
What is the motive behind spinning this lie?
Are you bragging on Obama being able to completely tank the nation's economy?

I mean, holy shit!!
Look around you.
Do you really see half of the people you know and work with as poor?

Fucking nut-bar bullshit.

We all know that the number of food stamp recipients has increased dramatically since this President took office. Yes.
But HALF of America? :lol:

:cuckoo:

Then just answer the questions that I asked.
Comment on the points I raised.
Prove that YOU are not the coward.

I do not expect you will address any of them. In fact I guarantee it.
You don't have the courage to educate yourself on why this happened.
To do so would force you to admit that your Boooosh...Boooosh ranting is just that - ranting.
Bush Jr. on nearly every level was a lousy President. And that certainly includes economics. Having said that - Obama is Bush II concerning economics. Not one single piece of legislation has been passed since he took office that addresses specifically what caused the crash.
What caused the crash - is still in full operation today. 100%.
And all of the architects of the whole criminal empire - are still in power - and are still cabinet members of Obama's administration.
The question is - do you have the integrity and intelligence to admit it?

I never said you would be better off. I said that poor people not having access is a lie. Just like saying the poor starve here is a lie. The ones getting screwed are the ones that fit into or around that middle class everyone likes to talk about. Its better to have insurance, but even then that's no guarantee you are in the clear. Whats coming in 2014 will make it worse.

That's exactly the implication of what you're saying. The uninsured poor are better off if they are desperately sick, because they can get charity to pay their bills, and those with insurance don't qualify for charity. This is your story.

What you are saying is that health care in the form of charity is worse then no health care at all. Tell that to the Shriner kids. :cuckoo:

Really, I said that, or implied that? Where?

I do agree that health care needs to be fixed. The cost needs to come down. but even as messed up as it is, I would rather have cancer here then anywhere else in the world.

No. You'd rather be here if you are middle class. If you're working, uninsured poor, you'd rather be in any other industrialized nation in the world.

Now...let's address your bullshit-lying title.
Nowhere does the Census data show there is 50% of Americans in poverty.

Just because the article says it does, that doesn't make it true.
This is, what, my 4th time asking for your evidence of this claim.

Did you read the article? Did you understand it? The article cites the evidence.

That would imply that some part of Wrybaby's brain DOES function.

Simply reading the title of this absurd thread is enough to convince me that wry's brain doesn't exist.

sammie boy, nice to hear from you again. Did the shrink lift the hold and have you released once again? Meds are great, keep taking them and soon you may forget those padded walls and all those techs in white coasts poking and prodding you.

Then just answer the questions that I asked.
Comment on the points I raised.
Prove that YOU are not the coward.

I do not expect you will address any of them. In fact I guarantee it.
You don't have the courage to educate yourself on why this happened.
To do so would force you to admit that your Boooosh...Boooosh ranting is just that - ranting.
Bush Jr. on nearly every level was a lousy President. And that certainly includes economics. Having said that - Obama is Bush II concerning economics. Not one single piece of legislation has been passed since he took office that addresses specifically what caused the crash.
What caused the crash - is still in full operation today. 100%.
And all of the architects of the whole criminal empire - are still in power - and are still cabinet members of Obama's administration.
The question is - do you have the integrity and intelligence to admit it?

1. See Link here re Wall Street Reform signed by President Obama:
President Obama signs most sweeping Wall Street reform bill since Great Depression - New York Daily News

Note also Boehner's comments

2. The causes (there were several) of the crash have changed. Anyone who applies for a mortgage today understands that banks and mortgage lenders are in fact engaged in real due diligence, making every effort to verify claims in mortgage applications - the fraud engaged in by borrowers, lender and real estate agent/brokers is essentially over.

3. It is troubling that the members of Obama's economic team have generally come from 'wall street'. However, they changed teams and now work for the nation not the corporation. One must hope.

4. The problem of derivatives has been exposed, likely very few are now so foolish as to buy a bundle of worthless paper expecting to screw someone else by selling same to another victim. This issue was most problematic, and one which Bush knew of and did nothing about. It was legal, apparently, but even Bush understood the ultimate danger if not the magnitude of what was to come.

If you pay someone to do something they will get better at it. They will put forth effort.

This includes being poor. Pay the poor to be poor and they will get better at it. They will become more creative at being poor. Their children will learn from an early age how to be successful at being poor.

That's why we have generational welfare.

And by the way Wry....you didn't answer a single question I asked.
You addressed not one point.

And you won't now either.

I must have missed your question(s). Please ask again and I'll address same from my POV.

Whatever...you can't go back to the previous page and look for yourself...you reserve to "retype them and I'll look".

As for the Wall Street reform act - didn't do a Goddamn thing. And Boehner? he is a paid off shrill just like Pelosi...only difference is he is a Republican shrill.
BOTH Pelosi and Boehner took part of insideer information that gave them $millions to look the other way - and continue to look the other way.

1) All of the major players of the crash of 2008 - all of them - made $100's millions of dollars ripping off investors - PERIOD. And not one of them went to jail for it - and not one of them had to personally pay $.01 in fines. And most of them are still working at the same company.
2) Proven in open court all five of the major finiancial institutions and credit rating companies were found to be guilty of fraud and missuse of company funds and violating investor trust. They all paid multi-$million fines. The investors they took - lost everything - they paid $100 million fines - but they made $10's billions in profits.....ALL five are still operating today. And not one employee went to jail. Not one.
3) Larry Summers as Sec. of Treasury under Clinton, together with Fed Chairman Alan Greenspan after learning that the SEC was reporting to the FBI concerns about the derivative market. The derivative market at the time accounted for 35% of the entire system. These two and three Republican congressman devised and past a bill that PROHIBITED THE SEC FROM HAVING ANY JURISDICTION OVER THIS MARKET. That's right - the SEC could no longer even investigate 35% of the stock market. - LOOK IT UP WRY.
4) Larry Summers is Obama's chief financial advisor as the director of the White House Economic Counsel. Larry Summers within one year of devising this legislation made I believe it was $50 million in the derivative market...and then was hired by Obama as his advisor.

Learn. Educate yourself.

Last edited:
:eusa_clap:It takes a nation to create wealth. It is the sweat and energy expended by everyone to create it. Everyone should share and be part of it. The small group that think they are entitled to 90% of it is rediculus. Except for the few that honestly earn it, the rest are criminals that set up systems to take it from everyone else.

Hoarding wealth serves no one but the ego of the person or institute that lays claim to it.

If you choke off the middle and lower class from this wealth, you ultimately cut your own throat. Poor people don't buy products. Poor people don't invest. Poor people don't have the opportunity to give their kids a good education. A poorly educated nation can't compete. What goes around will come around to the wealthy in terms of financial collapse. And the bigger you are the harder you will fall.

:eusa_clap:It takes a nation to create wealth. It is the sweat and energy expended by everyone to create it. Everyone should share and be part of it. The small group that think they are entitled to 90% of it is rediculus. Except for the few that honestly earn it, the rest are criminals that set up systems to take it from everyone else.

Hoarding wealth serves no one but the ego of the person or institute that lays claim to it.

If you choke off the middle and lower class from this wealth, you ultimately cut your own throat. Poor people don't buy products. Poor people don't invest. Poor people don't have the opportunity to give their kids a good education. A poorly educated nation can't compete. What goes around will come around to the wealthy in terms of financial collapse. And the bigger you are the harder you will fall.

How do you plan to distribute the wealth to everyone in a nation?

Apparently no one grasped the magnitude.

They most certainly knew what was happening.
Just as they know what is happening today.
The economic crash is faaaaaaaaaar from over. Far.
And there is not one congressional member or senator or White House staff that isn't aware of this.
All of them - including his grace - Barrack Obama are only interested in what happens leading up to 2012.

Last edited:
:eusa_clap:It takes a nation to create wealth. It is the sweat and energy expended by everyone to create it. Everyone should share and be part of it...
That belief is very popular these days, and my bet is that it's no coincidence that wealth is not being created in America. It's being lost, and in the past three months alone America has lost two and a half trillion dollars of riches. If everyone shared that loss then every man, woman, and child would be out over eight thousand bucks.

Our choice is we can either have each and every household to cough up 25 grand every three months, or we can accept the fact that we're all different.

And by the way Wry....you didn't answer a single question I asked.
You addressed not one point.

And you won't now either.

I must have missed your question(s). Please ask again and I'll address same from my POV.

Whatever...you can't go back to the previous page and look for yourself...you reserve to "retype them and I'll look".

As for the Wall Street reform act - didn't do a Goddamn thing. And Boehner? he is a paid off shrill just like Pelosi...only difference is he is a Republican shrill.
BOTH Pelosi and Boehner took part of insideer information that gave them $millions to look the other way - and continue to look the other way.

1) All of the major players of the crash of 2008 - all of them - made $100's millions of dollars ripping off investors - PERIOD. And not one of them went to jail for it - and not one of them had to personally pay $.01 in fines. And most of them are still working at the same company.
2) Proven in open court all five of the major finiancial institutions and credit rating companies were found to be guilty of fraud and missuse of company funds and violating investor trust. They all paid multi-$million fines. The investors they took - lost everything - they paid $100 million fines - but they made $10's billions in profits.....ALL five are still operating today. And not one employee went to jail. Not one.
3) Larry Summers as Sec. of Treasury under Clinton, together with Fed Chairman Alan Greenspan after learning that the SEC was reporting to the FBI concerns about the derivative market. The derivative market at the time accounted for 35% of the entire system. These two and three Republican congressman devised and past a bill that PROHIBITED THE SEC FROM HAVING ANY JURISDICTION OVER THIS MARKET. That's right - the SEC could no longer even investigate 35% of the stock market. - LOOK IT UP WRY.
4) Larry Summers is Obama's chief financial advisor as the director of the White House Economic Counsel. Larry Summers within one year of devising this legislation made I believe it was $50 million in the derivative market...and then was hired by Obama as his advisor.

Learn. Educate yourself.

I'm not sure of your facts, but, the theme of your post suggests we both support the OWS movement. I don't defend the Democrats, I believe all elected and appointed federal officals should be held accountable for their actions. I simply disagree with almost everything the Republican Party stands for, the one exception is I believe government needs to be fiscally responsibile.

:eusa_clap:It takes a nation to create wealth. It is the sweat and energy expended by everyone to create it. Everyone should share and be part of it...
That belief is very popular these days, and my bet is that it's no coincidence that wealth is not being created in America. It's being lost, and in the past three months alone America has lost two and a half trillion dollars of riches. If everyone shared that loss then every man, woman, and child would be out over eight thousand bucks.

Our choice is we can either have each and every household to cough up 25 grand every three months, or we can accept the fact that we're all different.

Goddamn right.
We are eroding. Someone compared the New York financial system to organized crime. I say it is the other way around. Organized crime never even came close to the corruption and theft of Goldman Sachs, Citigroup, AIG, Bank of America, Fitch, Moodys, Standard and Poor etc. etc.
At the height of organized crime in America, the highest familes never got beyond a few judges and a couple Senators. The entire American financial system has bought 3 Presidents in a row, the past 4 Sec. of Treasury's, the past 2 Fed Chairman, the past 3 Speakers and at minimum 3/4 of both houses of government.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIcqb9hHQ3E]Dylan Ratigan (rightfully) loses it on air - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back